sending attachments #6

I am using Outlook 2003.  As my normal user account, I am
sending an email with an attachment and the recipient
receives the email but not the attachment.  When I send
the same email as the administrator, the recipient gets
the attachment.  Your thoughts?

thx

alex
0
anonymous (74722)

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

Receiving but can't send
Using outlook to receive and send emails have bellsouth and private domain both sending thru same server there are messages being sent out that dont appear in outbox when I do test, get the message back from test but cant send regular email have reloaded software Any Ideas RR Sorry I do not follow you. If you are sending out a message then it will = not show in the Outbox but it will be in the Sent folder. Also are there any error messages that are shown. If any can you post it = here The most important is to describe your issue in detail including Outlook = version and Windows ve...

Forwading an attached email
I have an issue where an admin assistant is drafting an email memo then sending it to her boss as an attachment in another email. What the boss wants to do is just open up the attached email, proof read it, then forward it on to the necessary recipients. Everything works as expected until the boss attempts to forward the item. When he does, he is me with a message that "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." and is unable to send the message. What kind of permissions would be...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments
New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened in other email addresses. Any ideas There is a setting in outlook that tells it to strip attachments. If you uncheck this it will allow attachments and allow you to open the attachments taken out before. >-----Original Message----- >New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be >accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened >in other email addresses. Any ideas >. > tools-options-security-uncheck the do not allow attachments block &qu...

How do I limit clients email attachment size
Hi All, We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within outlook? -- Rgds, Simon UK "spbembr" <spbembridge@simtonesolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqcQv2yMGHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth > available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within > outlook? Seems that would be a quota setting that you would configure in the mail server. -- _____________...

Cannot send or receive in Outlook Express
Hi there Anyone have the problem where they cannot send or receive email in Express? I have tried everything. All set up in Accounts/Properties etc. but still no luck. thanks Elaine Elaine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone have the problem where they cannot send or receive > email in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

viewing photos sent as attachments
I have been sent some photo's as an attachment and am trying to view them using Word 97, each one appears as a frame and image number how do I convert them to a proper photo? Are they doc-files then? You're probably better of viewing them in a photo-editor application -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "greygroob" <greygroob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E497166C-998F-4DD2-80C6-A83CA474F9B2@microsoft.com.....

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

mail does not find temporay directory to open attached .xls file
Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a folder and then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other attached files, pps or world, are ok -- Are all your Windows Updates current? I seem to recall there was an update for IE8 a couple of months ago which fixed the failure to open attachments. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "escofie" <escofie@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...

Attached file problem
Outlook 2003 refuses to open an attachment sent to me with the name Confirmation.rtf giving out the message: "Cannot create file: Confirmation.rtf. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." However if the same file is sent with a different name (say confirm.rtf) then Outlook is quite happy to open it! I have hundreds of emails in my Sent Items folder each with an attachment called Confirmation.rtf - could this be the cause of the problem? Incidentally I can't open any of...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

Virus sending messages?
When I do a "Send/Receive", often it says that it is sending messages. None of these messages show up in the "Send Items" folder and I obviously had not composed any messages to send. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP). I am up to date with the Windows Updates, and I am running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition with the latest virus definitions. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks. You may be sending read receipts - they won't show up in the Outbox. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with...

Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Hello, I am running Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. I am attempting to restore from Netbackup a copy of one of our Exchange DBs to mount in my Recovery Storage Group. Anyone else have a similar setup that can shed some light on how to do this? My initial idea was to restore the priv.edb and priv.stm files and manually mount them in the Recovery storage group, but I have seen other posts mentioning restoring straight to the Recovery Storage Group. Documentation for Netbackup doesn't say specifically how to do this. I wouldn't mind doing this manually...

OE Deletes All Attachments
OE deletes ALL my attachments and some I know are OK! What setting can I change to "lossen" this thing up? Joel cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > OE deletes ALL my attachments and some I know are OK! > What setting can I change to "lossen" this thing up? No it doesn't. It "Removes Access to" - a VERY different thing. Tools-Options-Security. Did you really do ANY research at all before posting? This must be the most asked question in HISTORY! BTW, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of product...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

Sending publisher to professional printers
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with two concerns I have about sending a file to professional printers. The item I am trying to print is a A6 sized postcard. 1. I have a problem with my desktop printer when I test print the card as it chops of the bottom cm or so. However, I have set up the file with the exact shape the printers require (A6 size with a 3mm bleed in every direction). The file appears OK on the screen, and I assume that that is how a professional printer will make it look. Am I correct in thinking this? 2. A bigger issue is the file type. I ...

Outlook Express removes access to attachments
Hello, I cannot find any info in the knowledgebase for this. I have a client whose outlook express tells her that "OE Removed access to following unsafe attachments in your email..." for some attachments. It does not do this for word doc attachments but does for all others. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. Thanks, Don Miller If you had searched Google Groups, you would have found about 70,000 identical questions and answers. Tools->options->security. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Don...

How do I open attachments that appear as shortcuts
All email older than 90 days has evidently been auto-archived and shows as a shortcut. When I open the shortcut, I can see the email text and attachment, but attachments will not open. Get various error messages depending on the format of the attachment (.pdf, .doc, .xls, etc.). How do I access the attachments to these files? My IT has re-imaged my computer and when I initially log into Outlook for the first time, I can see all email and attachments. Then the systems begins synchronization and all email previously seen as shortcuts are shortcuts once again. HELP! "Tr...

attachments between regular Outlook and Outlook Express
My office is having a problem. A member in Vegas(R1), using regular Outlook, is sending attachments. People with Outlook receive them, but people with Outlook Express do not. BUT the weird thing is that when someone else(R2) forwards that same message with the attachment to the Express email person(E), then they receive it. Can anyone please explain why this is? R1 is probably using Rich Text format to send the message, while R2 is forwarding in either HTML or Plain Text format. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other ...

Turn off attachments
I have a problem where users open attachments and the attachments get saved in the Temporary Internet Files Folder. I want to turn off this feature because we do not want secure documents saved to this temp folder. How can I turn off the automatic save of attachments when a user opens a file? Is it possible to turn off this feature (possibly through registry settings)? -- PMguy PMguy <PMguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a problem where users open attachments and the attachments get > saved in the Temporary Internet Files Folder. I want to turn off this > feat...

.jpg attachment difficulties
User has OL2002 on XP Pro. When try to open .jpg attachments, get error message "Specified file cannot be found". However, can save file and then open with no problem, just by double clicking. Can open other attachments. Is there some setting I've overlooked that I need to change? ----- Lynn wrote: ---- User has OL2002 on XP Pro. When try to open .jpg attachments, get error message "Specified file cannot be found". However, can save file and then open with no problem, just by double clicking. Can open other attachments. Is ...

Unable to send mobile text (SMS)
I just upgraded (forced) to WLM 2009. From what I've seen it's not bad but I do miss using version 8.5. Anyway, when I select a contact under Mobile, the contact box opens up but when I move the cursor to the dialog box to start typing, it won't let me type anything. If I go to my laptop which is using WinXP and WLM 8.5, everything works. I checked and all my contacts have their cell numbers. Any suggestions?? I take it no one else is seeing this problem? I just installed W7 and WLM 2009 on my laptop and it works fine. I would hate to do another clean install just to get...

email as attachment
i am using 2007 excel and i can email but i am looking for emailing a single sheet. i am unable to find this command. currently the email icon only shows that it is emailing the entire book. Hi k1 You must add it to the QAT http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm The name = "Send to Mail Recipient" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "k1" <k1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1B81C1E-7D36-4B2D-B4D2-1F4A97EE0E45@microsoft.com... >i am using 2007 excel and i can email but i am looking for emailing a single >...