Sending and receiving new messages

How do I set up Outlook to send and receive messages automatically upon
opening the program?
0
Chris6982 (632)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:53:02 -0800, "Chris"
<Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I set up Outlook to send and receive messages automatically upon
>opening the program?

Depends what version of Outlook that you're using. You need to set a polling
interval, which tells Outlook how often to do an automatic send/receive.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Email: Microsoft Outlook 2003

disable line and page breaks icons on new emails
I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no joy. Linda Laing wrote: > I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email > I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the > paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no > joy. You neglected to mention WHICH version of Outlook that you are us...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

Outlook times out when receiving
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. Any ideas? What error message do you get? Do you use a virusscanner that scans incoming mail? If so; disable the incoming mail scan and see if it still happens. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed w...

New User
Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 on XP Pro SP2 - all service packs updated. Attempted to setup a new user account on this system because previous employee has left and need new profile established. When attempt to setup email through Exchange and click 'Check Name' we get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program~1\Common~1\system\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.cpl' "@0" The new user account will work fine on another system on the network, so the problem is not with Exchange but with this local system. Have tried deleting the pro...

&quot;New Web Query&quot; function
good day, are there any friends use New Web Query fuction under Data -> impor external data? My objective is to export (a list of stocks info) from web page t Excel spread sheet. e.g. the is is Microsoft's stock details (stock code: MSFT) http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=MSFT i can use "New Web Query" function to link this page to spread sheet. Question: how can I define a list of stocks (let say 10 differen stocks) that I want to monitor apart from creating 10 differen separate spreadsheets link with each individual stock code? any ideas are welcome thanks for your help ...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Found new abstract artist webpage
I found this new artist and I love the work. I have already have a couple hanging in my home. http://www.geocities.com/thtrchk/ ...

Misleading VS.NET 2003 error message
I got this error message compiler under VS.NET 2003 (no, I haven't tried it under 2005) ParseTrace.cpp i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2226: syntax error : unexpected type 'BOOL' i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' from the following class definition class AFX_EXT_CLASS StackTrace { public: StackTrace(BOOL pushing, TreeNode * n); // <= error was on this line ~StackTrace(); CString ToString(); }; Now try to guess what is wrong. What is wrong is that I forget to ...

Formula you typed contains an ERROR message
Hi Everyone - I am trying to enter the following formula: ***************************************************************** =IF($C7="SIL",0, IF((AND(OR($D7="Whole Shelled",$D7="Ground Shelled"),$R7<15.5,$R7>=0)),1, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)<15.5,$R7>=0)),0.5165, IF((AND($D7="Whole Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.5572, IF((AND($D7="Ground Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.6288, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)>50)),0.3016, IF(AND($D7="Ground Cob",$R7-5<=50,$R7-5>=15.5), INDEX(Tables!$A$131:$D$166,MATCH(($...

Auto resend message from Outlook / Exchange
Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send out last year message to another user. same day another user report suddely receive last year message, i try search send message in outlook send item, but no this message, i am note sure which part problems. ITJACKIE wrote: > Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i > am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send > out last year message to another user. same day another user report > suddely r...

Links in received items don't work
I'm trying out Microsoft Outlook 2007. Whenever I try to respond to an email by clicking on a link in the message I get the following error message: "General failure. URL is http://............... Application not found." What do I do to get these links to work? This is probably caused by a wayward default browser setting. Please try the following steps: 1.. change your default browser back to Internet Explorer (temporarily) 2.. after you have done step 1, then change your default browser back to <chosen browser name> -- Thanks greg mansius [MSFT] Microsoft Off...

Outlook Express
I have a friend with Outlook Express and I need to tell them where to find the message header data. Can you help? Thanks! Charles RIGHT mouse click on the message in the Inbox. Click Properties...click Details. THANKS! Charles >-----Original Message----- >RIGHT mouse click on the message in the Inbox. Click Properties...click >Details. > > >. > ...

Adding New User #2
When adding a new user, in GP 10, I set the user as a READ ONLY role, but then when I login as that user, the user has POWERUSER rights. However, POWERUSER role is not checked. I have verified that the READ ONLY role is setup correctly, as other users assigned to that role have very limited access. I have deleted and re-added the user, but the same problem still exists. Thanks- Joe Erickson MCP sI just tried it with a completely new username, assigned it to the same role, and got the same results. The first username was choorigan. Thanks- Joe Erickson MCP "Richard Whaley -- MV...

Message somehow stuck on QUEUES
exchange 5.5 SP 4 NT 4.0 SP 6 OUr mail are somehow stuck on OUtbound delivery of QUEUES. - what could be the cause of this? - I also noticed that mail sent outside our domain or LAN took almost 24Hrs to reach its recipients.? - I also noticed that the inbound messages awaiting deliveries on QUEUES have so many bogus entries---- does this mean that we are an open relay? please help! ...

email stack on Message submitted to categorizer on Exchange 2000
We have a single exchange 2000 server SP3 and latest rollup installed. I have a message sent from one user at 3PM last night and still not delivered to a recipient on the same exchange server. I've just checked tracking on it and I can see 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer and that is it. Message was neve...

Add XMLNodeList to new XMLDocument
All, I have a very large XML document that contains two types of elements. I want to select all the elements of each type and place them in separate XML documents. This is what I have so far: 'Add the Metis namespace so the querys will work lobj_namespaceManager = New XmlNamespaceManager(iobj_MetisModel.NameTable) lobj_namespaceManager.AddNamespace("Troux", "http://www.metis.no/metis") 'Execute the queries. iobj_Relationships = iobj_MetisModel.SelectNodes("//Troux:relationship", lobj_name...

New Mailbox Store or New Storage Group?
I would appreciate some guidance please. I'm a fairly new Exchange admin running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a Windows 2003 server. I currently have aproximately 350 users on the Exchange server with a database of a little over 22GB. The number of users could double in the next few months. I am at about 40% capacity of my current disk storage space. I see the need split up these users to avoid filling the disk and to also avoid having one huge database. My question is - should I create a new mailbox store in the current storage group and just put it on a new volume, or should ...

Problems with printing an image in message from Outlook 2000
Hello all, We have a user that is having problems printing an email that has an electronic signature (a .bmp file) within it. She has Outlook 2000. I am able to print the email with Outlook XP/2002 and another user can print it with Outlook 2003. We've tried printing on her PC to her local HP 5150 printer, a Xerox 545, and an HP LaserJet 4000, all with the same result. The bitmap shows up with a border and a red X in the top left corner. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

"send to" email in MS Office Hijacked by Yahoo
Somehow, probably by a daughter, installed something and now everytime I click on File->Send To->Mail Recipient I get a web page trying to connect to Yahoo email. How do I reset the link to point the File->Send To->Mail Recipient link to point to my MS Outlook? Thanks, Mike Check the default Internet mail program here: Control Panel > Internet applet > Programs tab > Mail dropdown <msargent100@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1139914506.640400.209230@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Somehow, probably by a daughter, installed something and now everytim...

Passing Help Message to Child
I made a settings dialog in an MFC application using a tree control and a set of sub-dialogs: BOOL CConfigDlg::OnInitDialog() { ... RECT rc; rc.left = 113; rc.top = 7; MapDialogRect(&rc); cfgGeneral_.Create(IDD_CONFIG_GENERAL, this); cfgGeneral_.SetWindowPos(NULL, rc.left, rc.top, 0, 0, SWP_NOSIZE); ... etc., then add them to the tree control: ... HTREEITEM ti = NULL, cont = NULL, first = NULL; ti = first = tcPager.InsertItem(TVIF_PARAM | TVIF_TEXT, L"General", 0, 0, 0, 0, ...