Sending a group email?

Hello all,

I have Outlook XP (2002) on my home PC running XP home. Simple set up with
no additional add-ons.

Is there a way to set up a group of email addresses so I can send email to
the group without having to add each email address individually? If so how?

I'll have a group of about 12 friends I'll need to email often and don't
want to have to add each address each time I want to send the group an
email.

I would assume this can easily be done, but don't have any idea how to do
it.

Thanks in advance for any help...

0
no (445)

Make a new Personal Distibution List in your contacts folder.  File | New |
etc...

"FISH" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have Outlook XP (2002) on my home PC running XP home. Simple set up with
> no additional add-ons.
>
> Is there a way to set up a group of email addresses so I can send email to
> the group without having to add each email address individually? If so
> how?
>
> I'll have a group of about 12 friends I'll need to email often and don't
> want to have to add each address each time I want to send the group an
> email.
>
> I would assume this can easily be done, but don't have any idea how to do
> it.
>

> Thanks in advance for any help...

0
tfelts1 (344)
5/25/2005 8:31:02 PM
Dear Fish,

you can create a distribution list:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/dl.htm

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"FISH" <no@spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello all,
>
> I have Outlook XP (2002) on my home PC running XP home. Simple set up with
> no additional add-ons.
>
> Is there a way to set up a group of email addresses so I can send email to
> the group without having to add each email address individually? If so
> how?
>
> I'll have a group of about 12 friends I'll need to email often and don't
> want to have to add each address each time I want to send the group an
> email.
>
> I would assume this can easily be done, but don't have any idea how to do
> it.
>

> Thanks in advance for any help...

0
trash5936 (201)
5/25/2005 8:32:27 PM
FISH <no@spam.com> wrote:

> I have Outlook XP (2002) on my home PC running XP home. Simple set up
> with no additional add-ons.
>
> Is there a way to set up a group of email addresses so I can send
> email to the group without having to add each email address
> individually? If so how?

New>Distribution List.

> I'll have a group of about 12 friends I'll need to email often and
> don't want to have to add each address each time I want to send the
> group an email.

Add each of these people to the Distribution List.  When you want to send
mail, put the DL's name in the To field.

> I would assume this can easily be done, but don't have any idea how
> to do it.

Help is your friend.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/25/2005 8:36:02 PM
thank you, I knew it would an easy thing to do, but couldn't find it in the
help section (I tried "sending group email", "new contact list", and a few
others...probably should have tried "new distribution list")

> FISH <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
>> I have Outlook XP (2002) on my home PC running XP home. Simple set up
>> with no additional add-ons.
>>
>> Is there a way to set up a group of email addresses so I can send
>> email to the group without having to add each email address
>> individually? If so how?
>
> New>Distribution List.
>
>> I'll have a group of about 12 friends I'll need to email often and
>> don't want to have to add each address each time I want to send the
>> group an email.
>
> Add each of these people to the Distribution List.  When you want to send
> mail, put the DL's name in the To field.
>
>> I would assume this can easily be done, but don't have any idea how
>> to do it.
>
> Help is your friend.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
no (445)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Sending Email #6

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

Recurring email #2

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...

send on behalf #6
Hi, We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users and computers" won't let me do this. I can only see users. No groups. Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest. I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name. Could it be a GC problem? Am I missing something? Thanks On 19 May 2006 06:43:07 -0700, dany_langlois@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on >behalf" permiss...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...