Send To/Mail Recipient, Send button does not work.

I am stumped. I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro machine. When
I right-click a file and select "send to - mail recipient", everything
functions normally. A message window pops up with the file I
right-clicked attached and a breif message automatically inserted in
the body of the e-mail. However, when I add any valid e-mail address
and click send, nothing happens. When I hover the mouse over the send
button, it highlights like it should, and when I click it, it depresses
like it shoud, but nothing happens. The window stays open, and the
message never gets sent. Sending a message inside Outlook by clicking
"new" works fine, even with an attachment. This only happens when I use
the "send to - mail recipient" option. I would send attachments the
other way, but the "send to - mail recipient" option lets Windows
resize my pictures for me automatically and I want to use that
function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

0
galpd320 (2)

Is Outlook open when you try this?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, galpd320@hotmail.com asked:

| I am stumped. I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro machine.
| When I right-click a file and select "send to - mail recipient",
| everything functions normally. A message window pops up with the file
| I right-clicked attached and a breif message automatically inserted in
| the body of the e-mail. However, when I add any valid e-mail address
| and click send, nothing happens. When I hover the mouse over the send
| button, it highlights like it should, and when I click it, it
| depresses like it shoud, but nothing happens. The window stays open,
| and the message never gets sent. Sending a message inside Outlook by
| clicking "new" works fine, even with an attachment. This only happens
| when I use the "send to - mail recipient" option. I would send
| attachments the other way, but the "send to - mail recipient" option
| lets Windows resize my pictures for me automatically and I want to
| use that function.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| Mike

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
3/2/2005 2:25:43 AM
Yes, Outlook is open and online in the background.

0
galpd320 (2)

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

get rich! i swear it works!!! i couldn't beleive it!
Follow the directions below and in two weeks you'll have up to $20000.00 in your PayPal account. There is a very high rate of participation in the program because of its low investment and high rate of return. Just $5.00 to one person! THAT'S ALL !!! If you are a skeptic and don't think the program will work, I urge you to give it a try anyway! It REALLY WORKS! Why do you think so many people are promoting it LOOK AT IT THIS WAY If the Program is a total failure for you and you never get even $1.00 in return, your total loss will be the $5.00! If you are not yet a paypal member,...

Delegate can see my private items doesn't work in Outlook 2007 SP2
Hi, We experienced the above problem on two Outlook 2007 SP2 client with manager and delegates permissions. On the manager side, we give delegate permissions and editor rights to all the 6 folders plus delegate can see my private items permissions. On the delegate side, we have added the manager as the additional / secondary mailbox. When the manager creates an private appointment, the delegate could not see the details of it (double click function is disabled). Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Linked Images for Catalog Merge does not work with tif files
Hi, I'm trying to do a catalog merge. I started with jpg files and they worked fine for the merge, however the quality isn't really high enough for print. So I remapped the field that contained the file names to the folder that contains the tif files, and changed the file extension from jpg to tif. The merge appears to work, however, no image is displayed. I can manually insert a tif file into with no problem. Any ideas on how to fix this? ...

Sending Email #6

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro