Send/receive quit working

I have used Outlook 2002 without a problem for 6 weeks on
a new Dell running home xp with the Mcafee security system
including firewall.  Microsoft articles suggest that
outlook and Mcafee firewall are not compatible (worked for
6 weeks?) and the solution is to uninstall the Mcafee
securities. Is there a way to run Mcafee with Outlook 2002?
0
anonymous (74722)

Is this just the firewall or also the anti-virus?  If McAfee version 7, you
will need to visit the McAfee forums for a fix.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer:
Kelly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| I have used Outlook 2002 without a problem for 6 weeks on
| a new Dell running home xp with the Mcafee security system
| including firewall.  Microsoft articles suggest that
| outlook and Mcafee firewall are not compatible (worked for
| 6 weeks?) and the solution is to uninstall the Mcafee
| securities. Is there a way to run Mcafee with Outlook 2002?

0
MillyS5435 (63)

links in live mail don't work
OPening an email in live mail I cannot open tje links in the emails. They simply don't work. No message, no reaction. The same mail on an other computer no problem. It seems like a restriction/security issue is causing the trouble. I'm using Windows 7. I also cannot reset IE 8 to default position Anybody a solution? Many thanks in advange, Gert http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop "Lampie" <nn@nn.com> wrote in message news:u0H6SHF6KHA.4940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : OPening a...

DDE
In the access program (97,2000,XP, 2003) I was using DDE commands for sending data to Excel and creating charts. For the chart I was using Chart.Wizard which is faster than defining property by property the chart values. In 2007 this command is not executed. I don't receive an error but it does not work. Is this command not available in 2007 ? Has it been replaced by sth else ? ...

combo box control issue - working fine in '03,
when I add a new record on the form via VBA - and then go to the combo box control, the control tip shows properly, but the cursor is not blinking. can not type anything into the box. when I click on the box, all is ok. any ideas as to what is wrong? works fine in access 2003. thx Make sure that you have at least the first 2 service packs in Access 2007. There was a combo box dropdown problem that I think was fixed in SP2. If you still have the problem, try SP3. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access &...

How do I send a photo in email at a particular resolution?
I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? From: "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> | I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. | How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? Use your preferred graphics program and open the graphic. Then save a copy at the requested resolution and subsequently attach the modified graphic to the email. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.p...

Exchange doesn't work on Comcast <a8b4472c-4eb6-40f2-ac68-d0f9b77f50eb@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
I just upgraded to Outlook 2007, and suddenly I am no longer able to connect to my exchange server that is hosted by 4smartphone through my Comcast internet. However, if I change the same computer over to my AT&T DSL internet it works just fine. What can I go to comcast with to ask them to change on their servers?? ...

Email Queue Clients receiving failure email
I have set up queues in CRM and wehen emailing to them from the outside, the queues receive the emails and we can work with them. However, every time you email to them form the outside, the outside email will receive and error that the message could not be delivered. How can I stop the delivery error message from going out? Also, when the messages come in, they have warning on them that sender doesn't exits in CRM nor does the recipient. I totally understand the need for this in a CRM system. What I don't know is how and where do I add my Queue Email Addresses into my system so...

Send-as/Send of behalf Exchange 2k -> 2k3
We've allowed user under our old Exchange 2K server to send emails with different From: addresses (vs the "send on behalf of" option). This worked fine for Contacts and Dept mailboxes (which is just another user), if the users got "Send-As" rights under the security tab for the Contact or Dept mailbox. Now, having migrated to Exchange 2K3, things are different. There have been various posts around, but either I missed the solution/enlightment to my problem or ... [Contacts] After the migration to the new server, users still can sent emails as before with a contact in...

still having send receive problems
I have posted several times but have not had a resolve to my problem. I am using outlook from the office 2003 suite. I have 3 accounts one personal, one business and one hotmail, all correctly configured. When I click on send and receive all, mail that is in the respective server mailboxes is delivered to my respective accounts but then it hangs at 83% and does not move off that percentage. What is causing this? is one of the accounts timing out? that can usally cause problems if connection's have problems "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

"Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working" error
Hi all, may I firstly apologise if I seem stupid in anything I say here; I have always used another PIM programme in the past with only the occasional dalliance with any version of Outlook. I am running Vista (Fully updated) Home Premium on a Tosh laptop (32 bit) 1.73 Gb 2GM Ram. I recently installed Outlook 2007 (I also have Office Home & Student 2007 (service desk edition?) which I have been using for a year or so.) The problem is that I keep getting this error when using Outlook. (for example 4 time in 15 mins). I have removed the programme (to ensure no trace o...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

DoCmd.Quit Error "The command or action 'Quit' isn't available now
Hi I need to exit an application if the user closes a certain form in the adp and am trying to do this via the unload method. basically there can be various instances of this form but if one instance is a certain one then it must close the whole application. If have tried in a blank database by putting DoCmd.Quit in the unload method of a form and that works so there must be somthing running that is causing this not to work in my adp. I have also tried putting a button on the form in my adp just to see if putting DoCmd.Quit in the click event would work and it did but this is of no us...

NDR Help
Hi, I hope someone can help on this. A few people have complained they cannot e-mail to us always. They get an NDR. This is very intermittent it seems and not everyone is affected. They have forwarded the NDR they have received. I've attached it below. I can't work out if our mail server has sent that to them or if it is generated by their company e-mail server. This happens mainly with one company but i think it has happened to some others as well - i can't be sure but the one company mainly (or even only). It is odd in that they can e-mail and get through then do it aga...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Cannot Send or Receive
Since this morning Ihave been unable to send or receive,checked all settings against my wifes identical laptop. I have also deleted and re-added. I receive -- An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 Any help would be greatley appreciated Dave Try this: In your browser go to http://www.comcast.net, then click the = Email button and log in.Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you = want to save any messages, create a new folder and mov...

Bug in receiving entry. error calculating Prev Qty Shipped
Dynamics GP Bug Report, version 9.0 service pack 1. Version Information: 9.00259 Location: Receiving Transaction Entry Description: As one enters receiving transactions lines and adjusts the Qty Shipped, the quantity previously shipped is calculated incorrectly. This PO transaction was for a quantity of 120. A quantity of 15 were received on a previous shipment. The Qty previously shipped should display 120-15-30=75 not 45. To make this error occur continue to change the Qty Shipped. Sometimes the error will occur quickly, other times it might take 25 changes. Products Load...

I can receive and not send
I am using XP and Outlook 2007. E-mail just recently won't send. I get the error message "your server does not support the connection encryption type." I can send using Web Mail (q.com)The ISP reports there is nothing wrong. One error said there is an internal error; it was not fixed with the repair function on the disk. Point me in the right direction, please. Have you verified your account settings already? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd st...

HQ Options not working
Hi! When I open the HQ Configuration window, there is a list of Checkboxes for "Enabled" - "Disabled" for : - Automatically create inter-store receive inventory order - Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order and other! This window doesn't work, and when accepting changes, and open the window again, all checkboxes are clear!! And of course, those options do not work neither! I'm working by lauching inter-store trasnfers from HQ, but would like to have stores deciding this by its own. Anybody know something about this. Maybe how to set this featu...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

saved passwords not working
I have 4 email accounts in outlook 2002. Everytime Outlook is started, it prompts me for my passwords on each account, even though they are saved. It only does this when it is started for the first time and it saves the passwords for the rest of the session. But, the next time Outlook is restarted, it prompts me for the passwords again. I have SP2 installed and have searched the support KB for this problem. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Carley@CarleyCapers.com ...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...