Send - Receive Progress Box

   Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close when
done?

    What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the details
box?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote:

>    Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close
> when done?

Yes.  On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't show
this dialog box".  Check it.

>     What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the
> details box?

It "tacks" the detals box down so that it doesn't go away unless explicitly
dismissed.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/4/2004 7:38:32 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>    Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close
>> when done?
>
> Yes.  On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't
> show this dialog box".  Check it.
>
>>     What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the
>> details box?
>
> It "tacks" the detals box down so that it doesn't go away unless
> explicitly dismissed.

    Sorry I should have noted that I have checked that box.  BTW It is
version 2002 SP2 and I believe that is XP.  It is running under Windows XP.

    With the box checked it finishes and stops.  With the box not checked it
finishes an then the box closes, but immediately re-opens with the same
results.

    The push button is off.  Changing it to on only changes the results when
the box is not checked, in that case it does not do the close and reopen.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

Brian Tillman wrote:
> Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>    Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close
>> when done?
>
> Yes.  On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't
> show this dialog box".  Check it.
>
>>     What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the
>> details box?
>
> It "tacks" the detals box down so that it doesn't go away unless
> explicitly dismissed.

    I forgot to add, thanks for replying.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

Y axis box size incorrect in Excel 2003
I am having a problem; the y-axis box size does not display the entire text. I cannot change the size of this box. This only happens for the y-axis, not for other axis labels or the chart title. I have tried adding spaces followed by a period to fool the box and this works in Excel, but when I copy the chart to a Word document, the full text, including the final period appears. Hi, Details and suggestions can be found on Jon's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "lcare...

No permission to send/receive
When I click on "Send/Receive" outlook responds with "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." However, when I test account settings, every test passes. ...

Automatically finishes entering email into TO box
How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the person to whom I am sending mail? thanks! What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gem asked: | How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering | into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the | person to whom I am sending mail? | t...

Run a query based on user input to a text box
I am creating a database to manage Auction Bids for a live radio station phone auction weekend. I have a form where the user is entering names as the bidders call in. I want to be able to have entry into a text box cause a query to run and populate a list box so that if a caller has been entered before, the user can click on an existing name. So for example, if the first keystroke is A , then the list box will be populated with all names beginning with A. If the next keystroke is l to give Al then the list box will be repopulated with only names beginning with Al (e.g. Alice, Aliso...

Two message boxes
I have two message boxes that fire off when I am going to print a report to determine what will show up on the report as far as fields. The first message box is to hide the customer price on a quote, if you answer yes it sets a checkbox on the initial form to true. The next message box is to show or hide the changes made to the quote on the report. If I say vbyes to both of the message boxes the customer pricing will not be hidden as the checkbox is getting set back to false. I am not sure why it is toggling, but it works if I answer yes to the first and no to hte second. It may ...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

Unexpected Error when Sending Email from CRM
Hello All, When my users attempt to send an email from within CRM 1.2 the following error is shown to them; Unexpected Error. An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. When I review the event logs I see the following error: Any ideas??? thanks MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Unexpected error : 6 (SOAPCLIENT_...

Problem with user that sending out mail to 1000/users external
Hello I have 600/users on out Exchange 2000 server and some of them is sending out mail to 1000/user (external) and when they do that our mail server is working to hard and the other user is complaining. Is their anyway of stopping then from doing the mass mail during the day and then let them sending their mail at night?? Can I create some group (set some settings for max outgoing mamil) that handling this user or must I write some script?? Regards, Kenneth In Outlook, when creating new message click File\Properties\Send Options\MSExchange\Send this item in ... P.S. Sending message to 1000...

Name Drop-Down Box
I've got a 50 sheet excel document and i want to create names to get m to A1 on every page, so I don't have to scroll left and right all th time. So, here's my problem. I would like to increase the number of names shown when i click th drop down box. Right now it shows 7, in Office 2003. I would love t increase that to show 50, or else I�m not really getting th functionality I�m looking for. I think this will take some kind of registry tweak. Does anyone know how/where I can? Thanks in advance, Chri -- cbh3571 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Please fix "You replied ..." issue when replying to received messa
In Outlook versions 2000-2007, when I start a reply to a message in Outlook, as soon as the message is saved to Drafts the notice, "You replied on ..." appears in the message I received. If I subsequently change my mind, or save it in Drafts for a period of time, the "You replied ..." still stays as it was when first saved. Thus, Outlook is inaccurately saying that I replied when in fact I did not. I read an MVP's reply from July 2005 saying this is not a bug. I don't understand how a software application saving and stating inaccurate information...

sending message in MFC multi-threading
I use class CSMTPConnection and CMimeMessage to send email in a multithreading project. when I only spawn one dialog window and send email, there is no problem at all, but whenever I spawn one more dialog window(concurrently), an exception occured. I traced it a little bit. The exception is about a pointer to interface IMultiLanguage while CMimeMessage instance initializing. Codes is as following class CMyDialog :public CDialog { CMyLog * m_log; void fcn(); ...... }; class CMyLog { .... void SendEmail( ....); .... }; void CMyLog::SendEmail(...) { CSMTPConnection EmailConn...

help on combo box...
i have a combo box cbPayee... on top of the list is "add new payee..." below which are the other names ...how can i enable it that when the 1st row is selected, a pop-up form wud appear for data entry... thanks... -- ai® Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use the After Update event of the combo. If Me.cbPayee = "add new payee..." Then 'Do it here Else However, a more common technique is to use the combo's NotInList event for this purpose. Set the combo's Limit To List property to Yes. Delete the "add new payee...&q...

Resizing "comments" boxes in a workbook all at once
I do not know how I did it but all my comments (about 200 of them) defaulted to a size that makes them almost invisible with only the tails showing. The only way I can resize them is by going into each one and change the shape. I gave up after about 50 and I am now desperate for the information contained in all comments boxes. Is there a way of making all the boxes the same size in one go? How did I manage to screw up and how do I avoid doing it again. Thanks Rita You could resize them programmatically. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Re...

Send HTML e-mails through a rule
Hi group, There is a way to send html e-mails with a rule? At this time we have a rule and it send an e-mail when a we create a new case, but it is only in text mode Thanks! ...

How do I save Visio help text boxes as html
I have a Visio process flow containing help text boxes (mouse overs) and hyperlinks that I want to save as a web document (html). When saved, the help text boxes are no longer available. How do I save as html so that they are available? ...

Comment box defaults
Can I change the comment box default font and stop it inserting my name in each box? Peter delete user name from the tools > options > general > delete user name from the tools > options > general and replace with a space To change the default font size (Note: this will change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs) -- Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type he...

receiveing the same email three times #2
My outlook express died on me, therefore I had to start using outlook 2000, which was fine bit of a pain to get used to but, anyway since using outlook 2000, I am getting the same email from everyone three times. Why is this? It is soing my head in as my outlook is very full and it is taking me some time to get rid of the ones that are duplicated. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Changing field sze of labels and text boxes independently
I am using Access 2007. I created a report with the wizard. Now I can't change the size of labels or text boxes without all the fields/labels changing in concert. What do I do to permit changing these things individually? Must be simple, but the help function in Acess 2007 I find not very helpful. On the arrange tab, look for the button for Remove. Highlight the controls and click remove. This will ungroup the controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DDB6...

how to set value of text bounded on combo box?
Hi, I have a combo box with row sours of a table, and there is a text box. What I want to do is once the user selects a value from the combo box, the text box should be filled by a specific data. For example, the combo box has list of names, and once the user select the name; the text box shows the phone number of the selected name automatically. Note: both the name and phone number are in the same table. How can I do that? Make sure that the query for the combobox returns both the name and phone number. The Phone number does not have to be visible in the combobox. In the combobox A...

Excel name boxes
How do I change or delete a name in an Excel name box? (A name box is the white rectangle in the upper left corner of an Excel page that shows the cell address, e.g. Q143. You can change the 'name' of the cell from the cell address to a description, e.g. Sales-Other and click it from a drop down menu at the name box instead of scrolling to it.) You're referring to a named range. On the main menu, click >Insert >Name >Define. The full population of named ranges will show in the drop down: you can edit, delete, expand etc from that list. To change or delete a name: ...

Serialized items requiring Serial # input when receiving
I have the DB set up to require serial numbers to be entered but only at the POS, not when receiving a PO. But for some reason when I am receiving items it is requiring me to enter a serial number to proceed. If I am able to use the "receive all" button on the PO it will work but if I have to change quantities received or only receive partial quantities it requires a serial number for each item. Thoughts? This happens even if you don't have any of the options set in the Configuration screen. So I don't think you have any choice but to enter a serial number if only ...

Mail not received when certain user is on the To: or CC: list
Hi, I am using Exchange Server 2003 SP 1 (I believe) with XP clients running Outlook. Basically we have a problem sending email to a specific user when another specific user is in the cc or to field. IE. We have 5 employees If anyone in the company sends a message to Employee number 1 and employee number 5 is also in the message (either TO: or CC; field) then employees Number 2,3,4 and 5 will get it but not employee number 1. However employees number 1 can receive mail from all employees as long as employee number 5 is not in either the TO: or CC: field. Any help??? Thanks Check ...

automate sales order fulfillment details received through excel
We receive an excel file from our distribution center every day which has the order fulfillment details for existing sales orders. How can I load this into Great Plains? If someone has done this, any examples will be of great help. Thanks in advance, Jack Hi Jack, We have a add solution for Remote SOP using Excel interface through GP, please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > We receive an excel file from our distribution center every day which has > the order fulfillment details for existing sales orders. How can I load this...

Cant send mail to Yahoo
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I am having a problem sending emails to yahoo. this is the only domain I have problems with. The emails just sit in the que until they finally time out after 48 hours. We can recieve emails from Yahoo, but can not send. Any ideas? Sure its not them? Periodic issues with yahoo, hotmail and msn isnt too uncommon. On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:29:13 -0800, "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am running exchange 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I am having a >pro...

How do I send same message to many business not showing the names
I need to send a form to over 50 businesses. How can I do it all at once without revealing who received them. When they send it back, I need to be sure that it does not go to any other receipient. Use Word's mail merge feature to send individual messages. That will = also let you personalize them.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "...