Send receive Outlook 2003

Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too 
(Cntrl-M).  Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as per 
the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc.  Have even 
re-installed. but to no avail   OE does this without any problem, but not 
outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Axel. 


0
nowhere1083 (630)
1/11/2005 7:55:51 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

4 Replies
383 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see?
Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly?
What is your automatic polling interval?
-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Axel" <Nowhere@Nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:eCwEQeB%23EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too 
> (Cntrl-M).  Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as per 
> the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc.  Have even 
> re-installed. but to no avail   OE does this without any problem, but not 
> outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client).
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> Axel.
> 


0
russval (3097)
1/11/2005 9:40:30 PM
In addition... the Newsreader "dissappears" from the "GO" toolbar once it is 
installed.   It has even vanished from the "Customize" area of the setup 
features.

Weird!


"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:uGM3sYC%23EHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see?
> Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly?
> What is your automatic polling interval?
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Axel" <Nowhere@Nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> news:eCwEQeB%23EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too 
>> (Cntrl-M).  Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as 
>> per the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc.  Have 
>> even re-installed. but to no avail   OE does this without any problem, 
>> but not outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client).
>>
>> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>>
>> Axel.
>>
>
> 


0
nowhere1083 (630)
1/11/2005 10:24:09 PM
It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do 
not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If 
automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what 
changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working.

In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook:
1. You have created an unrealistic polling interval. Many users set their 
polling interval to 1 minute thinking they will be downloading mail 
continuously as it arrives. Such settings are not recommended. They put an 
unnecessary strain on mail servers and can create conflicting polling 
requests that can damage your Send/Receive Group or even your account 
settings. 10 minutes is the recommended minimum.
2. While exiting Outlook, you inadvertently set your profile to Work Offline 
(this option is immediately above the Exit command in the File menu).
3. You have a damaged Send/Receive Group as documented here: 
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/3/36.asp
4. You have overridden your Send/Receive Group settings as documented here: 
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q320/8/36.asp
5. Your mail account settings are corrupt. Recreate your mail account from 
scratch.
6. Firewall software is blocking your transmission. Disable your Firewall 
temporarily to see if automatic polling is restored.


-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Axel" <Nowhere@Nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:O0dQ7qC%23EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Polling interval 5 min
> When "hidden" to the toolbar, all activity ceases.
> Screenshot of settings.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:uGM3sYC%23EHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see?
>> Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly?
>> What is your automatic polling interval?
>> -- 
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Axel" <Nowhere@Nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> news:eCwEQeB%23EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too
>>> (Cntrl-M).  Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as
>>> per the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc.  Have
>>> even re-installed. but to no avail   OE does this without any problem,
>>> but not outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client).
>>>
>>> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>>>
>>> Axel.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> 


0
russval (3097)
1/12/2005 1:22:03 AM
Totally unrelated problem solved several times daily in this group:
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Axel" <Nowhere@Nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:ukaqHxC%23EHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> In addition... the Newsreader "dissappears" from the "GO" toolbar once it 
> is installed.   It has even vanished from the "Customize" area of the 
> setup features.
>
> Weird!
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message 
> news:uGM3sYC%23EHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see?
>> Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly?
>> What is your automatic polling interval?
>> -- 
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Axel" <Nowhere@Nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eCwEQeB%23EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too 
>>> (Cntrl-M).  Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as 
>>> per the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc.  Have 
>>> even re-installed. but to no avail   OE does this without any problem, 
>>> but not outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client).
>>>
>>> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>>>
>>> Axel.
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
russval (3097)
1/12/2005 1:23:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: