Send/receive has slowed to crawl

Running XP, SP3 and 2003 Outlook. I think this problem started after a
recent PCTools update. I disabled the email virus scanning in PCTools and
still have the problem. If I have very much mail to receive the connection
to my provider times out and kills the download.  It will take around 10
minutes to get 500kb, before this problem 500kb would load in 15-20 seconds.
Any ideas where to start with this problem.

Also when I perform the "Test Email Settings" function in the email accounts
setup screen, the "send test email fails"( but the test email is sent),
however the other 4 test complete successfully. The resulting error message
requests a verification that the port and SSL information is correct, and
those 2 parameters haven't changed; POP3=110, SMTP=25

You may want to verify with your ISP that the SMTP port is correct. Many
ISP's have changed SMTP ports.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Jeff D." wrote:

> Running XP, SP3 and 2003 Outlook. I think this problem started after a
> recent PCTools update. I disabled the email virus scanning in PCTools and
> still have the problem. If I have very much mail to receive the connection
> to my provider times out and kills the download.  It will take around 10
> minutes to get 500kb, before this problem 500kb would load in 15-20 seconds.
> Any ideas where to start with this problem.
>
> Also when I perform the "Test Email Settings" function in the email accounts
> setup screen, the "send test email fails"( but the test email is sent),
> however the other 4 test complete successfully. The resulting error message
> requests a verification that the port and SSL information is correct, and
> those 2 parameters haven't changed; POP3=110, SMTP=25

0
KOrland1 (1012)