Send/Receive Groups edit

Gentlemen, please kindly advice.
After a necessary repair/reinstall of XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003, I am
unable to edit (open) the Send /Receive Groups on Outlook 2003. Otherwise
works Ok.
Your assistance will be appreciated
Cheers

0
recreaghmd (32)

find and delete the *.srs file.

if you don't know where to look, see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS" <recreaghmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gentlemen, please kindly advice.
> After a necessary repair/reinstall of XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003, I am
> unable to edit (open) the Send /Receive Groups on Outlook 2003. Otherwise
> works Ok.
> Your assistance will be appreciated
> Cheers

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/8/2006 1:40:23 PM
Thanks for the prompt return.
The new srs file is only 2k, as oppose to the old one which is 6k and which
I only renamed.
Unfortunately, it did not work.
I have 8 email addresses in the group and with the new srs file only the
default is searched for new messages. Now the define send/receive group
window does not even open.
I must go to each one of the others 7 inboxes to get a message download for
that particular address.
I performed an error search/repair of Outlook with no improvement.
Any other suggestion?
Cheers

> find and delete the *.srs file.
>
> if you don't know where to look, see
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS" <recreaghmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Gentlemen, please kindly advice.
>> After a necessary repair/reinstall of XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003, I am
>> unable to edit (open) the Send /Receive Groups on Outlook 2003. Otherwise
>> works Ok.
>> Your assistance will be appreciated
>> Cheers

0
recreaghmd (32)
5/8/2006 5:09:22 PM
you can try renaming the outcmd.dat file -

--

> Thanks for the prompt return.
> The new srs file is only 2k, as oppose to the old one which is 6k and
> which I only renamed.
> Unfortunately, it did not work.
> I have 8 email addresses in the group and with the new srs file only the
> default is searched for new messages. Now the define send/receive group
> window does not even open.
> I must go to each one of the others 7 inboxes to get a message download
> for that particular address.
> I performed an error search/repair of Outlook with no improvement.
> Any other suggestion?
> Cheers
>
> --
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> find and delete the *.srs file.
>>
>> if you don't know where to look, see
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS" <recreaghmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Gentlemen, please kindly advice.
>>> After a necessary repair/reinstall of XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003, I am
>>> unable to edit (open) the Send /Receive Groups on Outlook 2003.
>>> Otherwise works Ok.
>>> Your assistance will be appreciated
>>> Cheers

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/9/2006 4:42:39 AM
Thanks again for the advice
I rename the file as instructed and a new one was created, But the problem
of not been able to edit the group remain.
I tried creating a new group. It will not open for edit either.
Replaced the old file.
Any other suggestion?
Thanks again and cheers

--
��
> you can try renaming the outcmd.dat file -
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS" <recreaghmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the prompt return.
>> The new srs file is only 2k, as oppose to the old one which is 6k and
>> which I only renamed.
>> Unfortunately, it did not work.
>> I have 8 email addresses in the group and with the new srs file only the
>> default is searched for new messages. Now the define send/receive group
>> window does not even open.
>> I must go to each one of the others 7 inboxes to get a message download
>> for that particular address.
>> I performed an error search/repair of Outlook with no improvement.
>> Any other suggestion?
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> find and delete the *.srs file.
>>>
>>> if you don't know where to look, see
>>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS" <recreaghmd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
recreaghmd (32)

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

Logging send/receive error message
Hi, In Exchange Server 2003 how can I know, in log, why a message was not send or received, where the msg is. I enabled Message Tracking, but I cannot see msgs status... Any ideas? Thanks, Elizabeth In news:4B086390-DD54-47C5-8C53-BC0474BE6274@microsoft.com, Elizabeth <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > In Exchange Server 2003 how can I know, in log, why a message was not > send or received, where the msg is. > I enabled Message Tracking, but I cannot see msgs status... > > Any ideas? > > Thanks, > > Elizabeth Had you already en...

Edit Operation on table BMTRX Failed
A user is getting the message An edit operatio on table bmtrx failed. A record was already locked. The user gets the message when posting Inventory BOM Assembly transactions. Does anybody know what could cause this message? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Make sure the batch record is not in the DYNAMICS..SY00800 table. If so, remove and re-post the transaction. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > A user is getting the message > > An edit operatio on table bm...

outlook hangs after sending a .doc attachment from Word
Hi there The other day I sent a Word document as an attachment using "File" > "Send To" > "Mail Recipient (as Attachment)..." I got as far as filling in an email address in the "To:" field in Outlook, and then Outlook hung. After 10 minutes or so I had to close Outlook and end the process in Task Manager. Ever since, I haven't been able to send emails to that person's email address; after I enter his address, Outlook hangs when I hit <Tab> to move to the next field. Then it's back to rebooting or ending the process in Task...

Sending Attachments
Version: 2008 I am going to have to send many attachments to students. In the past it's been easy to send them by email from PC. Will it be more complicated in MAC. If so, what are the steps. I thought MAC was supposed to make things easier. Instead all the shortcus I use in PC seem to be gone. As far as the keyboard shortcuts are concerned, see my reply to your other question. What exactly is not working with your attachments? There is absolutely no problem when it comes to sending attachments to recipients on any platform. Just make sure to go to Entourage>Preferences, Compose tab, ...

Permissions Add Distribution Group members
We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP clients environment. I was wondering if there is a way to allow a specific user to add/remove members to any distribution groups that are created. I found that one user can add/remove members by adding that user as the manager of each individual group but I was wondering if there was a way to give more than one member this ability and to also not have to go to each distribution group and configure this permission. Thx! In news:3E4CBF22-74BC-4788-BFE3-4B44F5CA6959@microsoft.com, rfIPS <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP ...

Group in GAL
pwverber wrote: How do I create 1 contact with everyones email from the GAL. This way if Joe wants to send an email to everyone in the company he click to the "Company" and it emails everyone. Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: Create a distribution group called Company and add all the users to it. pwverber wrote: I have completed this, but I am unable to see the group in the GAL. If I go to All address lists and chose groups it shows it there though. Can someone help me with this? ...

how do i set up a footer to add under every mail i send
how do i set up a footer to add under every mail i send Signatures ? see Outlook help "sadrk" <sadrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BC484D7-678B-4706-B22D-4C3C427E48C2@microsoft.com... > how do i set up a footer to add under every mail i send ...

Ignoring group policy when logging onto certain servers
Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to prevent group policy settings from being applied when a domain user logs on to certain servers.....is this possible? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Howdie! Mehdis schrieb: > I am wondering if there is a way to prevent group policy settings from being > applied when a domain user logs on to certain servers.....is this possible? > > Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hmm... probably through Loopback processing mode: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287 htt...

Need help with an excel macro to group values
I am looking to group cells in excel. I have a column called level and the levels range from 4-6. 4 5 5 5 6 6 5 6 6 4 5 5 5 6 6 5 Group at level 4 (so select all rows with a 5 or 6 until you reach the next level 4) Then group at level 5 (so select all rows with a 6 and group them with the 5 above them) I don't know any coding so if you could please assist me with this. Thanks hi, ! assuming your column(range) is A2:A17 and you wan to group-outline -?- try with a macro like this one: Sub OutLineRows_Base_4To6() Dim eCell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each ...

pop3 sending and receiving
When I send a message in Outlook 2002 I can open the Send/Receive status window to watch its progress. There is a line showing the send/receive progress but under this there is a second line as if there is a queue. Can someone explain what is going on here? Beemer ...

Broadband disconnected while sending mails via outlook express
Broadband always disconnected while sending mails via outlook express It always dropped line and I need to right click to restore connection. Moreover, for few other applications like clicking on words ( answers online dictionary/meaning ), I get diconnections sometimes. is there any solution? ...

How do I send and recieve through my other email to outlook?
I cant figure out how to set up my email to go through outlook from my outside account. I'm guessing that you're trying to use Outlook to connect to an external mail server. Does the firewall in your office allow those type of connections? "Toni-Ann" <Toni-Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D5A2B19-9348-4C02-8E49-B0C4398942C1@microsoft.com... >I cant figure out how to set up my email to go through outlook from my > outside account. Yes "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > I'm guessing that you're trying to use ...

Modify Group Templats
Hi. I would like to show the "modified date attribute" in a group display in Outlook when looking into the addressbook. Please give me some advice how and if that is possible. //Mariah The address book dialog is not customizable.=20 If you were thinking of something else, fill in a few more details for = us.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

how do i set up a group task list?
I want to set up a group task list that can be edited by 3 different people? I know I can share a task list but that means others have read only rights, which isn't enough. All help gratefully accepted. "steelygal" <steelygal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53439470-0622-4084-B941-4EB200A905AB@microsoft.com... >I want to set up a group task list that can be edited by 3 different people? > I know I can share a task list but that means others have read only rights, > which isn't enough. All help gratefully accepted. Share the t...

Outlook Not Sending Photographs
Hi Everyone I've a problem I've not come across before and can't find a solution that I was asked to look at. Client has the following configuration: XP-home fully patched and service packed Outlook 2002 fully patched and service packed ISP is AOL with AOL 9 installed through a broadband modem Outlook configured to use IMAP to AOL Oh, it's a brand new install of all software following a system crash. Here is the problem, pictures can be sent by creating a new email from Outlook then dragging and dropping the pictures into the new Outlook message window. What...

Lookup in more groups
I have some data like this A B C IN SA Formula IN SB Formula IN SC Formula IN SD Formula F SA Customer 1 F SB F SC F SD J SA J SB Customer 2 J SC J SD T SA T SB T SC T SD Customer 3 ________________________________________________ Now what I like is a formula in the C-column where I have typed Formula. The formula should return the value in the C-column for each inital like: IN SA Customer 1 IN SB Customer 2 IN SC IN SD Customer 3 so I can get an overview over which tech...

Mail trapped in outbox, causing send and receive failure.
Hi, One of our users has an email trapped in their outbox and this is causing both the sending and receiving of messages to fail. I have run scanpst on their .pst file and also rebooted the machine. From what I can see there would seem to be part of the message in the mapi spooler. Does anyone know where I can find out more about this type of problem or how to overcome it? Thanks for taking the time to read this. tmac. tmac <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, One of our users has an email trapped in their outbox > and this is causing both the sending and...

Unable to send emails. Can receive emails
I get the following error message when sync email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Ski Trip' Server: 'smtp.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 I have tried checking SSL to see if this woule correct the problem but is has not. Any help would be appreciated David I don't know why checking SSL would be appropriate. According to the error message, (that seems to lack a little info), SSL was checked before /this/ error message appeared. Uncheck it. I ...

how to automate specifying the account to use when sending mail?
I am using MS Outlook 2003 with my company email as default account. I am also using my gmail/hotmail and other accocunts to both send and receive. With this, Is the following possible: Everytime I write to my boss/colleagues, Outlook should use AUTOMATICALLY use the default mail account to send; which it DOES. But everytime i write to a friend, it should automatically use gmail/hotmail account to send that mail. why do i have to manually choose everytime the account from which to send? it feels stupid. is there a way out? you need to change the account - there isn't a way to te...

hyperlinks in received e-mails in Outlook
When I click on a hyperlink in a received e-mail in Outlook I get the following box: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". Please help. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "dhariri" <dhariri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3273FC95-84FE-4A0A-9E8D-EF99A5B1E690@mic...

distribution group read resipients
I have distribution group. If someone from internet sends message to that group (using smtp address of group), then he receives read recipient for each group member. How can I filter sending read recipients sending on group basis. I want to turn it off for this group but keep it for other mailbox users? thanks Dragan Skundric dragan.skundric@bj.htnet.hr Hi Dragan, Open the distro Group | Exchange Advanced | Select "Do not send delivery reports" Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Dragec" <use_adress_...

Payables Management Edit Report
I strongly dislike the edit report that prints with your payable batches. It repeats headers for each invoice and does not print the entire description of the G/L account code. We tried modifying but we are having a hard time with Report Writer. Has anyone had better luck with it?? Any input would be appreciated. I have modified this report numerous times. what are youtrying to accomplish. Do you have remote access for help? Brian@dataresolution.net >-----Original Message----- > >I strongly dislike the edit report that prints with your payable batches. >It repeats he...

windows mail cannot send
Things have been fine then all of a sudden yesterday morning my windows mail refused to send my email...It receives but will not send. What can i do to rectify ? You haven't given us much to go on. How exactly is it 'refusing'? Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Supershaw&qu...

Format of OL email "signature" changes upon sending
I have a longtime issue that for which I have never been able to find a solution. My email "signatures" appear just fine when they're at the bottom of a message I create (regardless of whether new, reply, or fwd). But I notice that in most cases, when someone replys back to me that my signature went from single spacing (paragraph) to dbl-spacing. It ends up making an email thread that goes back and forth a few times much longer than it should be. Example: This... Tony Swatek, Vice President http://www.ScrapYourTrip.com mailto:anthony.swatek@scrapyourtrip.com 'Cuz life...