send/receive button not working

When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails. this
doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now doesn't even send
or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?
0
Kirbz (3)

"Kirbz" <Kirbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails. this
> doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now doesn't even
> send
> or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?

In OL03, Tools, Send Receive, Send Receive Settings, define send/receive
groups. there is a checkbox to include a group in send/receive when you
press F9

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

0
John
11/4/2006 8:43:06 AM
tried that, didn't work. sned and receive is not working at all , tried F9,
clicking send/receive, don't know what to do.

"John Blessing" wrote:

> "Kirbz" <Kirbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails. this
> > doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now doesn't even
> > send
> > or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?
>

> In OL03, Tools, Send Receive, Send Receive Settings, define send/receive
> groups. there is a checkbox to include a group in send/receive when you
> press F9
>

> --
> John Blessing
>
> http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all
> businesses
> http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings
> for your meeting/class over the web.
> http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
> send newsletters

0
Kirbz (3)
11/4/2006 10:22:01 AM
Tools, Send/Receive, WhateverAccountname only,  Inbox

Does that work?

If so, then you haven't included any accounts in your Send/Receive groups.

--
John Blessing

> tried that, didn't work. sned and receive is not working at all , tried
> F9,
> clicking send/receive, don't know what to do.
>
> "John Blessing" wrote:
>
>> "Kirbz" <Kirbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails. this
>> > doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now doesn't even
>> > send
>> > or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?
>>

>> In OL03, Tools, Send Receive, Send Receive Settings, define send/receive
>> groups. there is a checkbox to include a group in send/receive when you
>> press F9
>>

>> --
>> John Blessing
>>
>> http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all
>> businesses
>> http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
>> bookings
>> for your meeting/class over the web.
>> http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook,
>> find/replace,
>> send newsletters

0
John
11/4/2006 11:27:19 AM
You need to define a send/receive interval for immediate send/receive on
startup.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Kirbz asked:

| When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails.
| this doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now
| doesn't even send or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?

0
MillyS (3228)
11/4/2006 3:17:50 PM
I go into send/receive settings and clcik on define send/receive groups but
nothing happens, no screens appear and nothing changes. I need clear concise
easy to follow instructions as I am new to computers and not that good with
them

"Milly Staples - MVP Outlook" wrote:

> You need to define a send/receive interval for immediate send/receive on
> startup.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Kirbz asked:
>
> | When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails.
> | this doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now
> | doesn't even send or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?

0
Kirbz (3)
11/5/2006 8:05:01 AM
Do you already have a mail account installed, tested and active?  =
Control Panel->Mail Icon->Email Accounts->View or Change.  Does your =
account show up?  If yes, then...

Start up Outlook, the select Tools->options->mail setup tab.  Select the =
Send/Receive button.  On the next tab where you see all of the options, =
look to the bottom portion of the page for "setting for All Group =
accounts" - the option to set a send/receive interval appears there.  =
Check it and ensure you select no less than a 10 minute interval.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Kirbz asked:

| I go into send/receive settings and clcik on define send/receive
| groups but nothing happens, no screens appear and nothing changes. I
| need clear concise easy to follow instructions as I am new to
| computers and not that good with them
|=20
| "Milly Staples - MVP Outlook" wrote:
|=20
|| You need to define a send/receive interval for immediate
|| send/receive on startup.
||=20
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, Kirbz asked:
||=20
||| When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails.
||| this doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now
||| doesn't even send or receive when I F9. How can I fix this?
0
MillyS (3228)

Convert Excel code to work in Access
Hello, I am trying to automate Excel with Access and have been trying to convert this Excel code to work from Access. Sub DoIt1() ' ' This macro places a shape ,triangle, on the selected sheet to make a "Please wait sign". ' Application.ScreenUpdating = True With Sheet2.Shapes("AutoShape 6") .Visible = msoTrue = (Not Sheet2.Shapes("AutoShape 6").Visible) End With With Sheet2.Shapes("AutoShape 6") .Visible = msoFalse = (Not Sheet2.Shapes("AutoShape 6").Visible) ...

links in live mail don't work
OPening an email in live mail I cannot open tje links in the emails. They simply don't work. No message, no reaction. The same mail on an other computer no problem. It seems like a restriction/security issue is causing the trouble. I'm using Windows 7. I also cannot reset IE 8 to default position Anybody a solution? Many thanks in advange, Gert http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop "Lampie" <nn@nn.com> wrote in message news:u0H6SHF6KHA.4940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : OPening a...

CA's Brightstore High Avalability, does it work?
Does anyone have any real world expereince using Brightstore High Avalability to protect an exchange server? Does it work? Do I need two Exchange licences? Thanks for any info. Before you base your enterprise messaging subsystem on top of such a product, inquire about the quality of the vendor's technical support. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <Scamp@nospam.com> wrote in message news:oss8j1lsa00be587o2bnuggc61em61cuq5@4ax.com... > Does anyone have any real world expereince using Brightstore High > Avalab...

How do I send a photo in email at a particular resolution?
I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? From: "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> | I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. | How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? Use your preferred graphics program and open the graphic. Then save a copy at the requested resolution and subsequently attach the modified graphic to the email. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.p...

DDE
In the access program (97,2000,XP, 2003) I was using DDE commands for sending data to Excel and creating charts. For the chart I was using Chart.Wizard which is faster than defining property by property the chart values. In 2007 this command is not executed. I don't receive an error but it does not work. Is this command not available in 2007 ? Has it been replaced by sth else ? ...

Email Queue Clients receiving failure email
I have set up queues in CRM and wehen emailing to them from the outside, the queues receive the emails and we can work with them. However, every time you email to them form the outside, the outside email will receive and error that the message could not be delivered. How can I stop the delivery error message from going out? Also, when the messages come in, they have warning on them that sender doesn't exits in CRM nor does the recipient. I totally understand the need for this in a CRM system. What I don't know is how and where do I add my Queue Email Addresses into my system so...

Send-as/Send of behalf Exchange 2k -> 2k3
We've allowed user under our old Exchange 2K server to send emails with different From: addresses (vs the "send on behalf of" option). This worked fine for Contacts and Dept mailboxes (which is just another user), if the users got "Send-As" rights under the security tab for the Contact or Dept mailbox. Now, having migrated to Exchange 2K3, things are different. There have been various posts around, but either I missed the solution/enlightment to my problem or ... [Contacts] After the migration to the new server, users still can sent emails as before with a contact in...

still having send receive problems
I have posted several times but have not had a resolve to my problem. I am using outlook from the office 2003 suite. I have 3 accounts one personal, one business and one hotmail, all correctly configured. When I click on send and receive all, mail that is in the respective server mailboxes is delivered to my respective accounts but then it hangs at 83% and does not move off that percentage. What is causing this? is one of the accounts timing out? that can usally cause problems if connection's have problems "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

"Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working" error
Hi all, may I firstly apologise if I seem stupid in anything I say here; I have always used another PIM programme in the past with only the occasional dalliance with any version of Outlook. I am running Vista (Fully updated) Home Premium on a Tosh laptop (32 bit) 1.73 Gb 2GM Ram. I recently installed Outlook 2007 (I also have Office Home & Student 2007 (service desk edition?) which I have been using for a year or so.) The problem is that I keep getting this error when using Outlook. (for example 4 time in 15 mins). I have removed the programme (to ensure no trace o...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

combo box control issue - working fine in '03,
when I add a new record on the form via VBA - and then go to the combo box control, the control tip shows properly, but the cursor is not blinking. can not type anything into the box. when I click on the box, all is ok. any ideas as to what is wrong? works fine in access 2003. thx Make sure that you have at least the first 2 service packs in Access 2007. There was a combo box dropdown problem that I think was fixed in SP2. If you still have the problem, try SP3. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access &...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

NDR Help
Hi, I hope someone can help on this. A few people have complained they cannot e-mail to us always. They get an NDR. This is very intermittent it seems and not everyone is affected. They have forwarded the NDR they have received. I've attached it below. I can't work out if our mail server has sent that to them or if it is generated by their company e-mail server. This happens mainly with one company but i think it has happened to some others as well - i can't be sure but the one company mainly (or even only). It is odd in that they can e-mail and get through then do it aga...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Cannot Send or Receive
Since this morning Ihave been unable to send or receive,checked all settings against my wifes identical laptop. I have also deleted and re-added. I receive -- An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 Any help would be greatley appreciated Dave Try this: In your browser go to http://www.comcast.net, then click the = Email button and log in.Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you = want to save any messages, create a new folder and mov...

How do I insert a radio button into a spreadsheet?
Use menu.. -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37768 http://www.functionx.com/excel/articles/radiobuttons.htm This should help you. ...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

I can receive and not send
I am using XP and Outlook 2007. E-mail just recently won't send. I get the error message "your server does not support the connection encryption type." I can send using Web Mail (q.com)The ISP reports there is nothing wrong. One error said there is an internal error; it was not fixed with the repair function on the disk. Point me in the right direction, please. Have you verified your account settings already? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd st...

Bug in receiving entry. error calculating Prev Qty Shipped
Dynamics GP Bug Report, version 9.0 service pack 1. Version Information: 9.00259 Location: Receiving Transaction Entry Description: As one enters receiving transactions lines and adjusts the Qty Shipped, the quantity previously shipped is calculated incorrectly. This PO transaction was for a quantity of 120. A quantity of 15 were received on a previous shipment. The Qty previously shipped should display 120-15-30=75 not 45. To make this error occur continue to change the Qty Shipped. Sometimes the error will occur quickly, other times it might take 25 changes. Products Load...

HQ Options not working
Hi! When I open the HQ Configuration window, there is a list of Checkboxes for "Enabled" - "Disabled" for : - Automatically create inter-store receive inventory order - Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order and other! This window doesn't work, and when accepting changes, and open the window again, all checkboxes are clear!! And of course, those options do not work neither! I'm working by lauching inter-store trasnfers from HQ, but would like to have stores deciding this by its own. Anybody know something about this. Maybe how to set this featu...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...