Send Button Not Working

After a successful installation of Outlook 2003 clicking
on the send button does nothing. The problem was
intermittent at first then became "solid" for all emails.

Re-installing has no effect I have to go back to a backup
copy of my system disk.

Any ideas on how this could be fixed please.

Pete Roberts

Receiving but can't send
Using outlook to receive and send emails have bellsouth and private domain both sending thru same server there are messages being sent out that dont appear in outbox when I do test, get the message back from test but cant send regular email have reloaded software Any Ideas RR Sorry I do not follow you. If you are sending out a message then it will = not show in the Outbox but it will be in the Sent folder. Also are there any error messages that are shown. If any can you post it = here The most important is to describe your issue in detail including Outlook = version and Windows ve...

Code not working as expected
Excel 2007, XP Pro. Once agin I request your much appreciated assistance with an Excel "funny": The following code appears to run and the rest of the macro runs without any errors. However the data is NOT pasted into the cells D14 and D8 respectively. If I step through using F8 then it works, but when the macro is run using the control button it does not. No error message, just does not paste the data. Help!!! Windows("SCHOOL_MAIN_MENU.xlsm").Activate Range("K33:L33").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windo...

Out of Office Assistant not working
I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone. We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. The client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him. He doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates setup in his Outlook client, either. Can anyone offer any help on this? Thanks. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov> wrote: >I have a user in my company who set up an Out...

ActiveX Property Page OK button
I would like to know how can I trap ActiveX Property Page OK button event ? I want to do some checking of property controls before user clicks on activex property page OK button..please help. Thanx Ashish ...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

Option Buttons Group Box
I am constructing a questionaire with responses from 1 - 5. After using the "group box" tool to group the option buttons for a response to the second question, the response from the first set is eliminated. How do I keep the responses seperate for each set of questions? Also, how do I make the border for the group box disappear? First, did you use the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar--not the controltoolbox toolbar? (it sounds like you may have mixed and matched your controls.) If you did use optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, you can "group" them b...

Cannot send or receive in Outlook Express
Hi there Anyone have the problem where they cannot send or receive email in Express? I have tried everything. All set up in Accounts/Properties etc. but still no luck. thanks Elaine Elaine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone have the problem where they cannot send or receive > email in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

UNC Path using DNS alias (CNAME) on local server doesn't work
I have many windows server 2003 servers. On all of our file shares/SQL servers we use CNAMES for easy DR changes and testing. Primarily we only use DNS aliases from clients to the servers We installed a new app that has a database of UNC locations. The app uses these locations to do some file copies. The problem seems to be that the server itself cannot access the \\myalias\myshare from itself. Extremely strange. When i try to go to run and type this UNC path using the alias on the server itself i get prompted with a username/password dialog. Any credentials i enter here fail. we a...

Virus sending messages?
When I do a "Send/Receive", often it says that it is sending messages. None of these messages show up in the "Send Items" folder and I obviously had not composed any messages to send. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP). I am up to date with the Windows Updates, and I am running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition with the latest virus definitions. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks. You may be sending read receipts - they won't show up in the Outbox. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with...

Outlook stopped working #2
does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't solved the problem cheers michelle JonoMish <michelle@secretbudget.net> wrote: > does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message > "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't > solved the problem Care to be less vague? State your Outlook version, your account type, exactly how you produce the error and what you changed on your PC just before this started happenin...

Macro Assigned to Tool Bar Button
How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? Thanks Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button and select Assign Macro... "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ADB30E4-7ADD-43B8-8696-53C97C9D4100@microsoft.com... > How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? > > Thanks Thanks Jim. That was fairly simple. "Jim Spiller" wrote: > Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button > and select Assign Macro... > >...

Will Multibyte app work for Chinese users?
Hi, I have an application which I built in vc 6. A Chinese user running Simplified Chinese Win2000 pro has reported that it fails on his sytem. I presume this is because I didn't write and compile with Unicode support. Now I've upgraded to VS.Net 2003, and am considering building a Unicode version of my app. However, I have noticed the multibyte option. Will multibyte compilation solve my problem with Chinese users? Will I still have to add _T for literals, change char* to LPTSTR etc? My application is for Win 2000 and above. Thanks. Mike Mike, >I have an application which I bui...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

Matching Columns in work sheets and copying both rows to new
I am trying to match up two different spread sheets based on one column but to copy both rows to a new sheet. eg. First sheet has the following headings: "Owner Group " "Owner CC " "Type " "Product Categorization Tier 2 " "Product Categorization Tier 3 " "Device Name " "Status " "Model Number " "Mfg. Name " "CI ID " "Old Asset ID " "Serial Number " "Region " "Country " "Site " "Building " "Floor " "...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

Sending publisher to professional printers
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with two concerns I have about sending a file to professional printers. The item I am trying to print is a A6 sized postcard. 1. I have a problem with my desktop printer when I test print the card as it chops of the bottom cm or so. However, I have set up the file with the exact shape the printers require (A6 size with a 3mm bleed in every direction). The file appears OK on the screen, and I assume that that is how a professional printer will make it look. Am I correct in thinking this? 2. A bigger issue is the file type. I ...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Search sites not working
Hello Again: When I originally created my Sharepoint 2007 publishing site, I decided for whatever reason that I didn't need the default search site or the site map and deleted them (everyone is saying doooh!). So I am trying to configure a new search site but nothing is working correctly. I am assuming that I need to link the new site to the old database some how, but not having any luck. When I do a search, I get this message: System.InvalidOperationException: The search application "54fd814d-7774-4c0b-a4f9-6f473adedd4d" is not ready. at Microsoft.Office.Ser...

Option Button
I've got 5 questions set up in a form in Excel where I want to use the Option Button from the Forms menu. So I set up 5 separate groups so the buttons would behave independently within the groups. However, how do I get rid of the border and the text "Group XX"? I think you'll have to use a bit of VBA. Option Explicit Sub testme() ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False End Sub Change it to True to see them again--nicer for developing. == If you don't use macros, you can select your sheet, then hit alt-F11 (to get to the VBE) then hit ctrl-G (to see the immed...

Unable to send mobile text (SMS)
I just upgraded (forced) to WLM 2009. From what I've seen it's not bad but I do miss using version 8.5. Anyway, when I select a contact under Mobile, the contact box opens up but when I move the cursor to the dialog box to start typing, it won't let me type anything. If I go to my laptop which is using WinXP and WLM 8.5, everything works. I checked and all my contacts have their cell numbers. Any suggestions?? I take it no one else is seeing this problem? I just installed W7 and WLM 2009 on my laptop and it works fine. I would hate to do another clean install just to get...

Sending data to Access DB from Excel
I am still a n00b to using access with Excel so I need some help here. I want to have like a system where users can sign up via th spreadsheet. They fill in 5 different pieces of information then clic the submit button. This then sends it to the Access database to a tabl called Members Table. Can someone guide me in doing this please? Thanks very much -- tatl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tatla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=682 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31974...