Send Button #11

I just loaded Outlook 2007 and can reply and forward from incoming messages
but when I start a new email and click send, I get a message that says
"cannot send this item". All diagnostics came back good and I'm not having
other problems. Did something not load properly?
0
Shannon1 (76)

"Shannon" wrote in message
>I just loaded Outlook 2007 and can reply and forward from incoming
>messages
> but when I start a new email and click send, I get a message that
> says
> "cannot send this item". All diagnostics came back good and I'm not
> having
> other problems. Did something not load properly?

When you reply or forward, you reuse the same account through which
the original e-mail was received.  When you compose a wholly new
e-mail, the default e-mail account gets used.  Perhaps you neglected
to define a legitimate SMTP server in the default e-mail account, or
you did not configure to authenticate to it.  Are you
inserting/linking to a graphics image, like in the signature?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928767

0
VanguardLH (155)
10/19/2007 10:16:48 PM
I have checked the SMTP for both accounts, run the diagnostics (everything
OK) I have gone into the email accounts settings and reviewed the server
settings (all good). All test messages received just fine. Signature not even
set up yet so no graphic images there. I hope you can help.
0
Shannon1 (76)
10/20/2007 4:26:01 PM

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> "Shannon" wrote in message
> >I just loaded Outlook 2007 and can reply and forward from incoming
> >messages
> > but when I start a new email and click send, I get a message that
> > says
> > "cannot send this item". All diagnostics came back good and I'm not
> > having
> > other problems. Did something not load properly?
>

> When you reply or forward, you reuse the same account through which
> the original e-mail was received.  When you compose a wholly new
> e-mail, the default e-mail account gets used.  Perhaps you neglected
> to define a legitimate SMTP server in the default e-mail account, or
> you did not configure to authenticate to it.  Are you
> inserting/linking to a graphics image, like in the signature?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928767

0
Shannon1 (76)
10/20/2007 4:30:01 PM
"Shannon" wrote in message
>I have checked the SMTP for both accounts, run the diagnostics
>(everything
> OK) I have gone into the email accounts settings and reviewed the
> server
> settings (all good). All test messages received just fine. Signature
> not even
> set up yet so no graphic images there. I hope you can help.

Could be a plug-in is screwed up.  Start Outlook in its safe mode
("outlook.exe /safe") which will NOT load any plug-ins.  If you can
send in Outlook's safe mode then you have a defective plug-in.

0
VanguardLH (155)

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

How do I send a photo in email at a particular resolution?
I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? From: "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> | I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. | How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? Use your preferred graphics program and open the graphic. Then save a copy at the requested resolution and subsequently attach the modified graphic to the email. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.p...

Send-as/Send of behalf Exchange 2k -> 2k3
We've allowed user under our old Exchange 2K server to send emails with different From: addresses (vs the "send on behalf of" option). This worked fine for Contacts and Dept mailboxes (which is just another user), if the users got "Send-As" rights under the security tab for the Contact or Dept mailbox. Now, having migrated to Exchange 2K3, things are different. There have been various posts around, but either I missed the solution/enlightment to my problem or ... [Contacts] After the migration to the new server, users still can sent emails as before with a contact in...

still having send receive problems
I have posted several times but have not had a resolve to my problem. I am using outlook from the office 2003 suite. I have 3 accounts one personal, one business and one hotmail, all correctly configured. When I click on send and receive all, mail that is in the respective server mailboxes is delivered to my respective accounts but then it hangs at 83% and does not move off that percentage. What is causing this? is one of the accounts timing out? that can usally cause problems if connection's have problems "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Cannot Send or Receive
Since this morning Ihave been unable to send or receive,checked all settings against my wifes identical laptop. I have also deleted and re-added. I receive -- An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 Any help would be greatley appreciated Dave Try this: In your browser go to http://www.comcast.net, then click the = Email button and log in.Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you = want to save any messages, create a new folder and mov...

How do I insert a radio button into a spreadsheet?
Use menu.. -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37768 http://www.functionx.com/excel/articles/radiobuttons.htm This should help you. ...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

I can receive and not send
I am using XP and Outlook 2007. E-mail just recently won't send. I get the error message "your server does not support the connection encryption type." I can send using Web Mail (q.com)The ISP reports there is nothing wrong. One error said there is an internal error; it was not fixed with the repair function on the disk. Point me in the right direction, please. Have you verified your account settings already? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd st...

Outlook address book #11
Anyone know how to set the outlook address book to list the contacts by last name followed by first name? The default seems to be first name followed by last name.I have tried the settings under tools > options > contact options, but these settings only seem to effect how the actual contacts are files in outlook and do not change how they appear in the address book. I know it was possible to change this in earlier versions of outlook, but for some reason I can not locate how to do this in 2003. The problem this creates in when searching for an e-mail address, one needs to know the fir...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

user can only do send as
I currently have a user running OfficeXP Standard SP1, Win2K SP3 and the server running Win2K Exchange 2000 SP3. The user has been given permission to send on behalf of, but not send as. When they send something trying to use the send on behalf of, the messages sends as if it were sent as send as (i.e. it appears to come directly from the user and doesn't have the additional message attachement sent of behalf of). Any idea of how to get the send on behalf of working properly? I have manually removed them and it still happens, as if it is stuck on somewhere. I allowed lots of time for re...

net folders #11
I am trying to use a shared calendar between two computers. I have set up everything with net folders based on all of the instructions I could find. The Outlook e-mail is set to Rich Text Format only on both PC's. The folder shares, all of the permissions are as entered, nothing is marked private. I can see the update messages being sent and being received, but nothing updates. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. ...

Dynamics GP version 11
Where can I find information about changes/new modules for GP version 11? I can't seem to find anything on Partner Source. Specifically, I'd like to know if they are going to offer "e-statements" for payroll direct deposits-instead of having to print them, can we e-mail them. Thanks. Tracey D We are still under NDA, so no new functionality can be disclosed beyond what you saw in Convergence 2009. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dyn...

Outlook 2002: most voting button responses on email not shown on 'Tracking'
We run Exchange 2003, and one woman (using Outlook 2002) sent an invitation with yes \ no buttons out to the whole company. Over 200 hundred responses were received and she has stored them all in a sub folder, however when she opens the original message and goes to the tracking tab, only around a quarter are listed there. She needs the replies in here, so they can be easily exported into a spreadsheet. Why could message tracking have missed so many of the responses? Cronos THe most likely cause is because she moved them. The responses needed to = stay in the Inbox long enough for Outlook...

Automated mail creation & sending
Hello everyone I create a report from a legacy system in csv format every day, and once it has been produced I need to attach it to an email and send this email out to one recipient (the same one every day). The subject line is also the same every day, and the report is saved down to my C drive. How can I automate the process? Not running the report, but picking it up from its specified location - preferably confirming first that the file date is today's date (the date is NOT incorporated within the file name) - and attaching it to an email to the recipient and with the standard header?...

Sending page by e-mail locks up computer
IE 6, Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 Professional. Each time I send a web page by e-mail to someone using Outlook, the e-mail goes through fine to my recipients, but my computer locks up. Eventually, I manage to close everything down via the task manager (and that too takes a while to get to), and then I have to reboot to regain access to Outlook. This, too, first has to be done in the safe mode so that the open mailbox can be closed up, and then I can get back to my normal operations by logging out and loggin back in. Can someone please help witth what settings I should look at either...

I want to send full contacts list to another user
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000, and My Contacts are set up in a Hierarchy. I want to send the whole group to another user. Is there any way of sending the contacts, and keeping the existing Hierarchy. Thanks, Gerry. ...

recurring appoints not sending reminders?
Hi - When I create an appointment in Outlook 2003 and set an appropriate reminder interval, I get a reminder right away. E.g. it's 1PM now, I create an appointment at 2PM, set the reminder for 4 hours, I get the first reminder right away. If I do the exact same thing, but set the appointment as recurring (any recurrence interval - let's say weekly), I do not get the initial reminder *at all*. (I'm not sure if I'll get any reminder next week though). Why should making an appointment recurring affect whether the first reminder gets triggered? That's the only difference bet...