Send and receive e-mail on Office Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express

Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be
okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook
Express.  How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003)
0
Stein (5)

Remove your email accounts from OE. Have you set them up in Outlook yet?

"Felix Stein" <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to
> be
> okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook
> Express.  How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003)

0
vince8328 (2733)
11/16/2005 10:29:33 PM
Felix Stein <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems
> to be okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to
> Outlook Express.  How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office
> Outlook 2003)

Don't run Outlook Express and it won't download you rmesages.
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Felix Stein" wrote:

> Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be
> okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook
> Express.  How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003)
0
Mary1 (682)
11/17/2005 12:05:02 AM

"Felix Stein" wrote:

> Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be
> okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook
> Express.  How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003)
0
James6891 (359)
4/21/2006 7:44:01 AM
So get this - not only do you have to not be running Outlook Express to get
your email in Outlook 2003, but the default setting my OL2003 came with was
set to not collect mail at all.  You need to go into email settings and tell
it to collect your email periodically.  Wow.

"Felix Stein" wrote:

> Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be
> okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook
> Express.  How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003)
0
Connor (8)
6/14/2006 1:42:01 PM
Toby O'Connor <Toby O'Connor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> So get this - not only do you have to not be running Outlook Express
> to get your email in Outlook 2003,

Not true.  Outlook and Outlook Express coexist quite nicely.  You can even
access the same mail servers with them.

> but the default setting my OL2003
> came with was set to not collect mail at all.  You need to go into
> email settings and tell it to collect your email periodically.  Wow.

That's true for most of the mail clients I can think of.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)