Selective Editing of Nickname list

Anyone know if there's anyway to selectively purge or add
to the *.nk2 file that is built by outlook to autocomplete
e-mail addresses?

I know how to start from scratch but it sure would be nice
to edit the list.

Thanks
John K
0
anonymous (74722)

To remove a single entry,

* start a new message
* type the partial name you want removed
* when outlook suggests a name, use the arrow keys to highlight the entry
and press the delete key

/neo

ps - steps above are for outlook 2002/2003.

"John K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if there's anyway to selectively purge or add
> to the *.nk2 file that is built by outlook to autocomplete
> e-mail addresses?
>
> I know how to start from scratch but it sure would be nice
> to edit the list.
>
> Thanks
> John K

0
neoheart (690)
6/18/2004 5:02:08 PM
John,

First, you may not know that you can type a name, then scroll down to it in
the suggest list and hit the delete key.  If you want more functionality
than that, we wrote a utility that can be purchased by going to
www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm.  Currently, we have the Non-Exchange user
program available, however, on  Monday, we will have both utilities
available for download.

Hope this helps.

Randy
"John K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if there's anyway to selectively purge or add
> to the *.nk2 file that is built by outlook to autocomplete
> e-mail addresses?
>
> I know how to start from scratch but it sure would be nice
> to edit the list.
>
> Thanks
> John K

validate data from list without picklist
Is it possible to set up validation so that it only accepts as valid the entries in a list somewhere (Job codes) but I don't want a pick list. I just want it to reject as invalid any code entered that is not in my list of job codes Hi Tara choose data / validation choose list set the source and UNTICK in cell drop down Cheers JulieD "Tara Keane" <TaraKeane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181134B2-D1AA-4573-8894-9F7AC442937F@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up validation so that it only accepts as valid the > entries in a list somewhere...

"Edit" feature in Issues Database for Access 2003
Under Search Issues tab when a individual conducts a search and returns the choices, there is an "edit" feature that allows the individual to click on "edit", then they are able to "edit" the entry. What I am trying to do is change that "edit" to just "open" the entry and view it. The only place the "edit" field appears is in the Browse Issues Table under forms, and it's a subform. Could someone please help. Thank you in advance. "Rosebud" <Rosebud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB0B...

vendor price list
where can i set up a vendor price list? So that when i am in purchasing I can set prices according to quantities? I found the customer price list with no problem, but i cant find a vendors price list. We use a third-party product for this called Vendor Price Management from Trinity. Works great and integrates with both the POP and PO Generator modules. Hope this helps. -Joe On Oct 11, 12:40 am, Mich...@nyresume.com <Michaelnyresume...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > where can i set up a vendor price list? So that when i am in purchasing I can > set prices according to q...

Drop Down List that has formatting of cell range Font ect.
What I am looking to do is create a drop down list that when it is clicked on the options reflect the formatting of the entries in the cell range not just the wording. For example if cell C5 is in Red font and cell C6 is in blue font then the drop down would be in red and blue font also. It would be even better to use the cell fill color of C5 and C6. I am setting up a form that I would like to be able to just glance at and see what task needs to be done next and color seemed to be the easiest way. Thanks Tom You could do some conditional formatting of the cell with the drop down ...

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Rebuilding the payee list?
Somewhere along the way Money 2007 rebuilt the payee list - that is all the payees that I had deleted from the payee list have returned. Since over the years I had spent a lot of time getting rid of old payees (especially after moving from the east coast to the west coast), I'm not too happy with having all this stuff reappear. I know the names are always there, but it seemed easier to match new transactions if all those old names were not being considered. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? I certainly don't want to spend time to do this again if its just going...

Packing List with Ship Method
Does anyone know how to modify the packing list to show the shipping method that was chosen? Or, does anyone have one they would like to share? Also, is there a way to add a column on the packing list next to the item column for initials. So our shipping guys can sign off each item as it is packed? Thanks for the help. Our first day of processing with RMS today! ...

Listing the links
How can I list all the Links in a workbook? Edit-Links shows the linked files but I need to know where the links are. Thanks! Robert Hi Robert, Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA add-in freely available at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm --- Regards, Norman "Robert Seynaeve" <r.seynaeve@virgilio.it> wrote in message news:eJiIsV4AFHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I list all the Links in a workbook? Edit-Links shows the linked > files > but I need to know where the links are. > > Thanks! > > Robert > > ...

Listing all Fields
OK here is the problem. I have a table that has Key Table: KeyID KeyDescription Key Location Personnel Table: KeyID LastName FirstName I am trying to create a report that lists all keys and under that any personnel that have the key. Now I tried to create a simple report but every time I try to list "all" the keys, it only list them if there is are personnel related to that key. I want all keys listed even if there are no personnel connected to that key. HELP! BTW, I am a newbie and using the wizards are my main way of creating things. I can drag and drop controls on to fo...

Convert Excel list
I have an Excel mailing list ... entries on on individual lines. Is it possible to convert this list to the following format? me@mydomain.com,you@yourdomain.com,them@theirdomain.com, on and on, comma separated but with no spaces? Many thanks, LinK If less than 256, Copy ,Paste Special, Transpose, Save as .CSV. LinK wrote: > I have an Excel mailing list ... entries on on individual lines. > > Is it possible to convert this list to the following format? > me@mydomain.com,you@yourdomain.com,them@theirdomain.com, on and on, > comma separated but with no spaces? > > M...

How do I edit label when cursor is placed on trendline in excel?
When you place a cursor on a trendline you get a data label with name and point position. How do i edit what is displayed here- either htrough excel or using VBA? Single-click on the label two or three times until the cursor appears in the label. Now it can be edited. You may find it useful to change the number format of the label before editing it. Select the label (one click), go to the Format menu, select the top entry, and on the Number tab, choose a format with more decimal places, using scientific notation if required. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and ...

Word wrap in drop down lists
I am using Excel from Office 97 in Windows XP. I am developing a spreadsheet with a number of drop down lists to enable the user to select pre-formatted text in a protected worksheet. This will eventually be used on line. The problem I have is that I cannot get the text to wrap within the display box of the drop down list. The box is not sufficiently wide to display it all but has plenty of height, so could do if the text would wrap. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks and regards. If these are data validation dropdowns, you could use a SelectionChange event to temporarily...

How to have same editable element in the same position on different drawings
Hi all, this is my first message on this newsgroup, i've looked around if you have already answered to this question but i was not able to find this. This is my problem: I'm using Visio to document the wireframes of the pages of a new website. As you know every page of a website usually has the same header, so to not draw it in each drawings i've used for it a specific background i use in all the pages. I need also to insert, for example, the breadcrumbs (you know that things that remember you where on the site you are like Home > Products > Motherboard) always in the same ...

Excel Data List
I have a large database in an Excel spreadsheet with subtotal formula below. When I used the Data - List function to sort through th database, a few things happened to the underlying subtotal data: 1. When I click out of the list, the cells in columns below the lis become blank. 2. The subtotals that are referenced by formulas in other sheets stil feed out as though the data were extant, though the cells appea blank. Why does the underlying data only show up when the active cell is i the defined list? How can I fix it? Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I fi...

outlook 2003 block sender list
ok i am looking for the file location for the block sender list in outlook 2003 i am told it is Stored in mailbox as a hidden message if this is right how do i unhide it. Or if it is not there do you know where it would be. Please note i do know how to import and export the blocked sender list by going to tool- option- junk email- block sender. But this how every is not what i what to know i need the file location for Outlook 2003 Blocked senders lists. Thank you I recall reading about this in PC Magainze a few months ago. You might try a search at their website if you don't get ...

Create a List From a Grid
I have a worksheet of rows of customers and columns of products. There are about 250 customers and about 100 products. Therefore, there are 25,000 cells of data. Each cell contains the dollar amount of that product sold to that customer. I would like to create a 3-column list of data that contains customer-name, product-name and dollars sold. The number of rows in that list would equal the number of cells that are non-zero. In other words, cells with zero dollars can be ignored. How can this be accomplished? :confused: -- Cecil --------------------------------------------------------------...

Auto Response for select exchange accounts
I am looking to configure several mailboxes that send emails to customers however if a person responds to it (which they are not supose to do) I want the account to auto reply with a message stating the message will not be responded to and informing them of the proper email to use. With this said i have tried using the Outlook server-side rules, however the one used to respond in this fashion needs an outlook client open which i can not do. My only other option i have found is the "Out of Office" which is not the propper format and is misleading to my customers. So here is ...

Still Getting Junk at "Safe List Only"
After setting the Junk List options to only receive email from my "Safe List Only" I still get one or two junk emails. I have checked the safe list and these addresses are not on the list. Thanks for the help. Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6 "ADKR" <ADKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:379F2506-5A59-4249-BCE2-E6C9C39A207A@microsoft.com... > After setting the Junk List options to only receive email from my "Safe > List > Only" I still get one or two junk emails. I have checked the safe list > and > the...

Ctrl Select and Copy Paste
I have a list of email addresses in Excel. I need to select non-adjacent email addresses and copy them into another program. I select them using the Ctrl key - but when I paste them into the other program it pastes all the addresses between the first one I select and the last one I select. I've tried pasting into Word - but I receive the same results. Does this copy/paste feature only work within Excel? Hi, I never noticed until your post. If you select as you do now with the Ctl key and paste into empty columns in Excel then copy THAT group, you'll get what you need. Qui...

User-Selectable Sales Process Leaves Remnant
SITUATION -------------------- (CRM Version 1.2) I've created a required picklist field in my Opportunity form that determines which "on create" sales process to use. There are three values: Normal, Bid/RFP, and No Sales Process. Thus, there are two Sales Processes created in Workflow Manager. The first looks to see if the Opportunity Type <> "Normal." If not, it exits, dropping the field comparison down to the next rule. The second rule looks to see if the Opportunity Type <> "Bid/RFP." If not, it exits. This logic seems to work, but...

Trying to select a specific range based on the time value of user form input
Here is the cmdOK_Click event of my user form. What I need it to do is based on the time input in the pckApptTime on my form to have it offset to a different range of cells (ie: if time is 7:15, then the active cell offset is range A1, looping for a blank cell. If the time is 8:30 am then the range begins at a10, 9:45 range a20, 1:15 range a30, 2:30 range a40, and 3:45 range a50) Where in the Sub do I put this information? and what do I put to have the OK_Click do this automatically? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Range("A1").Select ActiveWorkbook.Save (this is to update the ...

Randomly Select cell from filtered list
I need help with generating a random selection of 10 entires from a list. I want the random selection to be able to select cell from the list when it is filtered. As an example I have 100 subjects in 5 different states. I want to filter out one state reducing my list size (by 20). I want to randly select 10 subjects from the filtered list which now has 8o subjects listed. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice GOT INTERFACE? http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/35c59ac7-0594-4f40-8767-d64c223339e7/got-interface.aspx Excel 2007 PivotTable Select 10 subjects at rand...

Re: Stop next cell being selected on Enter
I don't know why Excel reacts this way, but when the worksheet is protected, make sure that the user is allowed to select both locked and unlocked cells. They still won't be able to make changes to the locked cells, but this will prevent the cursor from moving. "Ken G." <KenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:517AD5C2-AB5C-4BA5-A832-9DC74B4BEEB5@microsoft.com... > I have a sheet which has only 3 input cells, but only one input cell is > required for a user in a given state. I've disabled the "move selection after > enter" function ...

GridView
Hello, I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. I need to scroll up and down the grid view in order to see all the rows. The problem is, when I scroll down, and highlight a row, then click "submit", when the new page is rendered, the GridView shows the first row, not the row that I show highlighted (after scrolling down and clicking on submit). How can I fix this problem in both IE and Firefox? Thanks Jason On Dec 12, 12:54=A0pm, Jason <jason.wu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. =A0I need to sc...

address lists
How do I have a Group Name appear in the TO: box when I send an email to a group? Right now, I have the recipients initials in the Group, but when I send the email, each recipient's initials appear in the TO: box. Since Outlook does not use groups, you will need to explain what you mean by the term. If you mean Distribution List, you'll have to use the BCC field and a technique like the one described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266339 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Aliq62" <usacc@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1f38601c4...