Selecting which Inbox to show at start-up

I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general
inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school.  How
can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just
switch that to be the main inbox?

If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be
fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even
though that is the only mail account i have set up

What type of account and version of Outlook are we talking about here?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Kyle J." <Kyle J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general
> inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school.  How
> can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just
> switch that to be the main inbox?
>
> If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be
> fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even
> though that is the only mail account i have set up

0
Roady
6/20/2005 7:41:32 AM
It's outlook 2002 and a university IMAP/SMTP account

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> What type of account and version of Outlook are we talking about here?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
> -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
>
> -----
> "Kyle J." <Kyle J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general
> > inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school.  How
> > can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just
> > switch that to be the main inbox?
> >
> > If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be
> > fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even
> > though that is the only mail account i have set up

Kyle J. <Kyle J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the
> general inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my
> school.  How can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at
> start-up, or just switch that to be the main inbox?

An IMAP data store can never be the delivery location so there;s not way to
do what you're asking other than by moving or copying all the messages in
the IMAP store to the delivery location Inbox.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Show Images
How do you set up Windows Live Mail to open all your email with images shown? It would be much more convient that clicking it for each email. Click on what? Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Read All Messages In Plain Text. Not that? Tools | Safety Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images.......". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60FF9A37-63AE-4E39-BDDD-298DEF04D147@microsoft.com... > How do you set up Windows Live Mail to open ...

How to show customer payment?
Hi everybody. I just started using Money 2003 Deluxe for my business (services-based). I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow print a statement or receipt that would show Customer address info, when they paid, for what project, remaining balance, etc. I tried the statements but it doesn't provide all the info I need. I also tried the invoice designer with no luck. Does anyone here have any ideas or methods for getting around this? Would certainly appreciate any help with this. Jason ...

Internal Emails sent to CRM not showing up
Does anyone know if there is a solution for the following issue: - if an internal user sends an email message from their Outlook client to a CRM queue, it never shows up in CRM. -- Thanks, Christie Internal emails sent from Outlook in the same Exchange Organization will not be routed to CRM, as it does not routed via SMTP, which is the traffic that the CRM Exchange Email Router monitors. If you have a CRM SFO client, you can promote the email as a CRM Activity and then assign it to a user or queue. -wg "Christie" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a solution for th...

Starting up Outlook 2003 in Calendar Page.
I have a simple question: How do I get my Outlook 2003 to start up on the Calendar page instead of the Mail page? Thank you. Hi appreciative one It's a simple but well hidden setting: Tools | Options | Otehr tab | Advanced Options | startup in this folder... browse to the Calendar. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "Appreciative!" <Appreciative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD43BEB-4A36-47B...

Outlook Express could not be started...
Hello, Never had that issue in W2k or other XP SP2 machines but now i have. When i try to launch Outlook Express from start menu or from its own folder, i get "Outlook express could not be started, you computer may be out of memory....like that. Then second message : Because msoe.dll could not be initilazed. Why? I've tried searching dbx files with no result. Which walkthrough should i apply? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in this newsgroup: ne...

Get previous selection in List Control
Hi All, I have a list control (CListCtrl containing port names) in my dialog box. I want to select a port in the list and corresponding configuration in the dialog box. When the selection is changed (i.e. user selects another port in the list), the configuration for previous port is strored in a data structure (or file). But when I change the selection (NM_CLICK event) the current selection index is changed to new selection (index of newly selected port), and I can not save the configuration for previously selected port. Is there any way to get the previous selection in the list control? Pl...

Meeting Requests Don't Show Up
We are having an issue with certain users not being able to receive Microsoft Outlook Meeting Requests. We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and our users are using Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I first heard about the problem a few days ago (I am not sure if this is a new problem or just has been noticed). One of our VP's sent out an Outlook Meeting Request to 5 or 6 people. 3 of those people did not get the meeting request. These 3 people also happen to be VP's who have secretaries who have mailbox access and sit and monitor the VP's email. So in essence, it is possible for...

How do I select an Option button using code?
I have an option group with two option button. I am trying to select one of them using code. I tried: Me.OptProject.Enabled=True and Me.OptProject.SetFocus Neither worked. Any ideas? Thanks Ayo Set the Value of the option group to the OptionValue of the option button. This kind of thing: Me.Frame0 = Me.OptProject.OptionValue -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263D3BA4-7...

show full menu setting not sticking
OL07, ' tools>customize>always show full menus' has been checked repeatedly. when i restart outlook it has reverted back to unexpanded, reduced menus, and the box is no longer checked. is there a way to get this to work from one start to another? jeffrey find and delete the outcmd.dat file and restart outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook...

Starting Outlook XP opens OE Identy Login
Every time I open Outlook XP, the "Identity Login" from Outlook Express opens. I can't seem to find the setting that ties Outlook to OE. How do I stop OE's Identity Login from popping up? Thanks, Grant ------------------------------------------------------------- I use this to search for the post on google: oxp.oe.idli ...

Selective auto text inputting
I am building a workbook to track vendor transactions. I have several vendors that are "regulars" and want to track their transactions separately, but still record them on the "master" sheet. My workbook has the master sheet and a worsheet for each of the major vendors. I put a column for each of the major vendors The idea being if the next transaction is from Vendor A, I can put an x in their column and the data from that transaction will be copied to Vendor A's separate worksheet in the next available line. If none of the "designator" colums have an x t...

Select last data in column for a graph
Hello, Is there an excel function that I can use to select the last cell that contains data to display in a chart? Do I have to write a macro for this? Thanks Dan No macro, just formulas in dynamic defined names: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/14/dynamic-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "ASTDan" <ASTDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ABB9526-574C-4589-B6D4-6A9EDBB75C9D@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there an excel function that I ca...

Problem creating form that selects tables and fields
Hello I’ve been working on this problem for a long time and, so far, each solution runs into a roadblock that stops everything. I would appreciate any suggestions. I’m trying to build a form that allows the user to pick a table (in this mdb file) , and within that table, select several fields. It could look something like those Microsoft wizards where there is a list box on the left, and the user uses pointer controls identified with “>” and “<” to move variables from the box on the left to the box on the right. It could also be something very different. In my latest effo...

What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email.
What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email. On 9 Aug 2003 17:21:33 -0700, Sparky <Sparky_member@newsguy.com> wrote: >What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it >from a Drive Image to recover email. Search your backup for a *.pst file. That file contains all of your mail, Contacts, and all other data from Outlook. Be aware that it is a hidden file, so you need to have the capability of viewing hidden files in order to find it. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email C...

auto-hyperlinking worksheet but also showing a cell value beside it
i got it to automatically hyperlink 100's of worksheets. thanks to the book 100 excel hacks. worth every penny. but now i'm trying to auto-hyperlink a cell value in each woksheet. for example worksheet hyperlink will be on column A and a cell value for each worksheet hyperlink in column B. thanks in advance. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** You're gonna have to explain that one slowly, with examples and in English. g "excel ent" <twistedseoul@ya...

no devices showing
When I click on "media sharing" under the library tab in wmp11 and select the "share my media to" box, there are no devices listed. I have a dlna compliant blu ray player that will allow me to stream audio and video to it from my XP Pro SP3 computer, but it's not showing up. The blu ray player is an OPPO BDP-83 if this helps. I have it connected to my home wireless network via a wireless bridge which is working fine...that is to say that I have internet access for BD live services, etc. Also, on the other end, when I search "my network" on...

Show full text of variable in vba editor
When debugging, the vba editor only shows a portion of the string's value, if it's a long string. Is there some trick to show the full value, other than using debug.print? Thanks, Lars I open the debug window and enter: ? strSQL Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote in message news:hkmuv9$17ht$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl... > When debugging, the vba editor only shows a portion of the string's value, > if it's a long string. Is there some trick to show the full value, other > than using debug.print? &...

Help me identify the symbols in "Icon" field of my Inbox in Outloo
How does one manage such a query in the simplistic "Help" offered by these people? Where can I find the answer to my question? "Icon" in the search and help facility treat it only as icon the symbol in Windows, not as a specific header in my Inbox in Outlook 2003, the Email program of Microsoft Office. How does one manage a post in which the user failed even to post a question? You force us to guess what it is. That wastes our time and yours. My guess as to what your question is would have this answer: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine [...

Change lookups so that by default they don't show inactive record.
When doing any lookup in Great Plains it defaults with all master records. Would like by default only active records to show up. Hi Catherine, SmartFill from Rockton Software can do this. Thanks, Therese "Catherine McDade" wrote: > When doing any lookup in Great Plains it defaults with all master records. > Would like by default only active records to show up. ...

Re: Start a macro inside an IF-function
Pressed the key too early As I was saying ... You can run a VBA function within a worksheet form ulna, as long as it simply returns a value to the calling cell. What you want may best be achieved by use of worksheet events. Here is an example of the calculate and change events which would do the test you show, and just throws up a message. Substitute your code in it Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo ws_x_exit If Range("A1") < Range("A2") Then myCode End If ws_x_exit: Application.EnableEve...

Unable to Start Outlook
I have just installed sp2 for xp and now i cannot start outlook getting the following message. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any Suggestions Thanks ...

Monitoring inbox activity
I've setup the all inbound mail to a certain account on our exchanger server is also copied to an alternate user on the system. A particular user on our system we wish to monnitor is also receiving inbound email from pop3 accounts and then moving them to his personal folders (local on his laptop). I'm unable to run a keyboard buffer due to anti-spyware on our machines. Is there a way to 1) get copies of all inbound email (even from pop3 and exchange accounts) from this user, 2) a way to get a copy of all out bound or sent email through the server. Any suggestions is great...

Customer Selection
Just curious, if I set up a customer, then wanted to find them the quick and easy way, wouldn't I be able to set up a card with there customer#, then at the pos click f7 / alt f and with account number already ticked scan the card, click enter and be on my way? -- Thank You Vince :) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04F5_01C6A4FC.F3A66500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Vince, Are you talking about a plastic credit card style card? If so, all you really need to is leave the Custome...

How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered
How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered. Example:A1 = 01/02/2005, A2 should Show Monday or MON. I have Excel 2000. Try this: Select the cell(s) that are impacted Format>Cells>Number tab Category: Custom Type: ddd Returns: Mon, Tue, etc Type: dddd Returns: Monday, Tuesday, etc Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Captain" wrote: > How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered. > Example:A1 = 01/02/2005, A2 should Show Monday or MON. > I have Excel 2000. Captain Wrote: > How do I get a ...

Configuring OWA web forms for Inboxes ?
I have been digging around over the last day or two to try and find out how to register custom web forms for use in the Outlook Web Access interface - either through Exchange Explorer or programatically. After a bit of a struggle I managed to get the Microsoft example to work from the Exchange SDK (registering a custom form to the open event of a public folder in Exchange), but have not managed to do the same for a user's inbox. Here's some of the code I have tried... the Outlook Web Access client it taking absolutely no notice of it... any ideas? install MsgBox "Done" ...