Select Name Sort sequence

I am trying to figure out how to get the list of names
when going to the "To.." or "CC.." button to show up in
last name sequence.  Does anyone know how to get this to
show this way?  All my names have been entered in
the "Lastname,First Middle" format and it sorts properly
on the "contacts" section but not when selecting names for
mailing.  Thanks for your answers.

Tom Youngquist
Tom_Y@ix.netcom.com
0
Tom_Y (1)

Please post your Outlook version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Tom Youngquist" <Tom_Y@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to figure out how to get the list of names
> when going to the "To.." or "CC.." button to show up in
> last name sequence.  Does anyone know how to get this to
> show this way?  All my names have been entered in
> the "Lastname,First Middle" format and it sorts properly
> on the "contacts" section but not when selecting names for
> mailing.  Thanks for your answers.
>
> Tom Youngquist
> Tom_Y@ix.netcom.com

0
russval (3097)

Any XML Naming Conventions?
Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming Conventions? -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG wrote: > Does the use of DTD, X...

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Splitting First and Last Names
I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? Hi use 'Data - Text to<columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jamie wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? "Jamie" <pastorjman310@hotmail.com> wrote >I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both >first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do &g...

Subform in Datasheet View
Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* show the "button-like" row that shows the field names? -- Thanks, tbl No there isn't. If you create a continuous style form, you can eliminate the headings. You can modify a continuous form so that it looks like a 'datasheet'. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message news:4gqs13dds31nhu1bsmbrm5tt86adbfea1m@4ax.com... > Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* > show the "button-like" row that shows the field n...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

selecting multiple choices from a drop down list
I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to selec multiple entries from that list. Does anyone know how I go this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If this is a data validation list, you could use code to compile a list of selected items. For example, if the data validation is in column C, the following code will store the selected items in the same row in column D: '============================= Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub On Error Resume N...

ComboBox passing values from selected
In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4 columns (Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column. However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns to other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible? Can someone provide a sample code? You can use the Column() attribute. Me.Itemcbx.Column(1) etc. Note that the index for combo box columns is zero-based so 0 is the first, 1 is the second and so on... Steve "Angel G" wrote: > In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displ...

List Box Point-to-Select (MouseMove)
I have a list box that shows files from my hard drive. I'd really like to have it select the item being pointed to as I move my mouse pointer over it. I have coded this and it works fine unless the list is scrolled. I need a way to offset my list index to account for how far down the list has been scrolled. I can't find a list box property that will allow me to determine where a scrolled list is positioned. Something giving me the list index of the first visible row would do the trick. I haven't been able to find anything so far. I've tried some VB code that uses the Send...

How do i sort rows randomly?
I want to choose 50 random rows from 10,000 lines of data and paste it into a new sheet. The only way I know is to use a random number generator to randomly select the records and then copy/paste the data out out, row by row, fifty times, which is time-consuming. Is there a way to randomize my entire data table by row so that I can take the first fifty rows all at once and know that they've been randomly selected? Thanks. Jeremy Jeremy wrote: > I want to choose 50 random rows from 10,000 lines of data and paste it into a > new sheet. The only way I know is to use a random numb...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

name badge labels
Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to create a sheet of name badge labels. Are you using mail merge? If you are, select the your label from the page setup. If you are manually typing your badge labels, measure your labels and setup your page with grid guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol in Texas" <CarolinTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626CC158-3AF1-4809-9BCE-C54E1FF42861@microsoft.com... > Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to...

appearance of the real name in "sent"
I posted a message yesterday but nobody answered. So I try to do it again. I cannot find the answer to this question in help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the names, the way I want them to appear, the email address etc... When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can be done, as I receive some to my name. anonymous@discussions.m...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

OWA using mix of machine name/FQDN, screwing things up with HTTPS
Hello, We have one particular customer whose SBS 2003 box is giving me some heartburn when it comes to setting up OWA. I've set it up for HTTPS only, and setup permissions the exact same as our other many working OWA systems. Here's what happens when I try and hit the "broken" one: When I go to: https://server.domain.com/exchange, I get prompted for a username and password, which works properly. After login, I get a warning that the page contains a mix of both secure and non secure items. If I don't display the non secure items, I see the two "panes"...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...