Select Catagories to CC to??

    Is it possible to make an Outlook default to choosing contacts from
Categories instead of the Address book when you CC something??
 In other words, you create an email, you click cc and can you select the
recepients based on contact catagories?? and not the address book??

0
spamsux (13)

Not really.
Clicking To: or CC: (or BCC:) will invoke the Outlook Address Book
exclusively. The closest you can get to this is:
You can use the "By Category" view of your Contacts Folder to send only to
one category of Contacts, but those addresses will be placed in the To:
field, not the CC: field.
You can also separate your Contacts into separate subfolders so that each
subfolder will appear separately when you invoke the Outlook Address Book.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mousetater" <spamsux@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>    Is it possible to make an Outlook default to choosing contacts from
> Categories instead of the Address book when you CC something??
> In other words, you create an email, you click cc and can you select the
> recepients based on contact catagories?? and not the address book??

0
russval1 (2100)
9/4/2005 9:42:31 PM
You can always display your contacts by category and drag the entire
category to the CC line.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head-scratching, Mousetater asked this group:

|    Is it possible to make an Outlook default to choosing contacts from
| Categories instead of the Address book when you CC something??
| In other words, you create an email, you click cc and can you select
| the recepients based on contact catagories?? and not the address
| book??

0
MillyS (3228)
> Not really.
> Clicking To: or CC: (or BCC:) will invoke the Outlook Address Book
> exclusively. The closest you can get to this is:
> You can use the "By Category" view of your Contacts Folder to send only to
> one category of Contacts, but those addresses will be placed in the To:
> field, not the CC: field.
> You can also separate your Contacts into separate subfolders so that each
> subfolder will appear separately when you invoke the Outlook Address Book.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mousetater" <spamsux@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >    Is it possible to make an Outlook default to choosing contacts from
> > Categories instead of the Address book when you CC something??
> > In other words, you create an email, you click cc and can you select the
> > recepients based on contact catagories?? and not the address book??

Thanks Russ, but there was a problem with that. I HAD them setup in
subfolders in Outlook. BUT, I bought a new PDA. ActiveSync will not sync the
subfolders. It will only sync the catagories. so..I moved em back to
contacts/catagories. This is frustrating.

0
spamsux (13)

I don't want any message selected...
I just started using Outlook 2003. One thing I can't figure out how to do is to set it up so it doesn't automatically open an email when going to my Inbox (or any other folder). With OExpress6, I can open my Inbox without the program selecting an email automatically. The preview pane at the bottom would remain blank until I select a message/email. I can't seem to make Outlook 2003 behave this way. It always selects an email. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Marvin Turn off the preview pane. Outlook is a different program with different audiences so items that wo...

Please help with SELECT sequel statement.
Given LoanNum as a input parameter and need to return all the same addresses. I know this table is a mess but I have been asked to do not to clean up the data. Any helps would greatly appreciated. Please see the desired result below. -- TRUNCATE TABLE T INSERT INTO dbo.t([LoanNum],[Address1],[PropertyCity],[PropertyState],[PropertyZip])VALUES ('100882', '1146 EAST 32ND STREET', 'LOS ANGELES', 'CA', '90011') INSERT INTO dbo.t([LoanNum],[Address1],[PropertyCity],[PropertyState],[PropertyZip])VALUES ('103385', '1146 EAST 32ND...

To, CC dropdown
Hi, I have a small problem with outlook 2003. when a user types the name in the To: box it shows all the ones that mach what he has entered so far. I guess it look for a match with the email address that have been entered in the past. The thing is that some are wrong, have changed, etc, but the user still sees them. Is there a way to delete some of the entries? or flush them all? Thanks... Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting y...

Selecting / UnSelecting sheets
Hi, I have used this forum before to get help on my excel issues. Now I have come up with a situation that I cant get around (due to my limited knowledge). I will appreciate your help if someone can point out a way to select/unselect multiple sheets from a workbook using a macro.. a generic one that i can use from a custom toolbar.. thanx in advance. Cheers !!! Shuvro -- shuvro_basu How would that generic macro know which sheets to select (and which to skip)? Worksheets.select or sheets.select would get all of the worksheets (or all of the sheets), though. shuvro_basu wrote: > ...

Selecting cell with mouse
Hi, Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked with the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse. I'd thought that the range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this isn't the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select the unlocked cells with the mouse. If I unprotect the worksheet, then all works as expected. I'm at a loss! Any pointed most welcome. Rob I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but not the mouse. My first thought w...

ScrollIntoView Non-Selected Cell ..?
How do i.. Without selecting it.. ScrollIntoView a Cell.. Say... R120C140 ...? ActiveWindow.ScrollintoView .. but how to find the Document Coords in Pixels of that Cell ..? when Rows/Columns are uneven sized ..? Any Feedback would be Appreciated.. Andrew ;-) sub dk() ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 120 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 140 End Sub This would put row 120, column 140 in the upper left corner of the screen. "Andrew" <NoToSpam@ReadItYourSelf.com> wrote in message news:BeydnRXlerMJfhLWnZ2dnUVZ8gOdnZ2d@bt.com... > How do i.. >...

1 step to balance cc acct and schedule pymt
Money 2004 Deluxe Is it possible to balance my credit card account and schedule the payment in Bills & Deposits all in 1 step? Currently it is a two step operations for me: first, balance the account and select payment in later date; second, schedule payment in Bills & Deposits. Thanks, Dave When your acct balances it gives you the option of paying on the acct now or later. By choosing the Now button you can enter any date you wish to make the payment on. Otherwise, why not set up a recurring payment in the Bills and Deposits area? Each month its only a few clicks and it ...

MDI
Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow bypass the built in "document type" selection dialog that opens up when you execute CWinApp::OnFileNew in a MDI with several different document types? I'd like to add the "shortcuts" to create a specific documents type into the main menu instead of just having one "File New" menu item. Is that possible? :) Thanks for the help in advance, Amadej. >I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow bypass the built in >"document type" selection dialog that opens up when you execute >...

Macro to select only cells within the range that contain data
Thanks to this board, I now can sort my text+numerical values the way I would like, with Excel Ignoring all characters but the numbers. Now, this data is in a column that contains 43 entries. In the future there may be more entries, but my current macro will only select the 43 entries (I made the macro using the macro builder) and selected only the cells with data. If I select the additional cells, the sort puts the blanks at the top of the form and this is not acceptable. (We have no one else at work that will be able to change the macro, if I'm not there and our list increases) I ne...

Selecting or deleting data
Hi all Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether to select o delete data. Eg; A1 = xxx A2 = yyy A3 = zzz & C1 = (Nothing) C2 = (Nothing) C3 = zzz The results in E1,2 & 3 should have data in A1 and A2 but not A3 or C because Column C is for cancelled items and if it data in this colum matches then they should cancel each other out. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try in E1: =IF(A1=C1,"",A1) and copy this down >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether...

Allow user to select tray for print job
Hi, I have a problem regarding the printing when it come to printer that have many tray. For example, I have an application that will print job on the selected printer default tray When i was print a job form the default tray - Tray 1(which is a blank A4 paper) it was fine. When i wanted to print another job on a Tray 2(which is an A4 paper with layout), it will print to the default tray. I tried to set the the Tray 2 to be the default Tray, but it sometime does work and sometimes doesn't. In the end, i created two printer setting that point to the same printer but different tray, whi...

Select and Insert one sheet from a multisheet excel template
Selecting and inserting a single sheet from a multi sheet template in excel would be of great benefit to me. I am using Office 2000 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b51733e7-1134-45d1-8f24-...

Report/Query not selecting specific records
I have a database for tracking miles traveled and fuel purchased in each state. I have a report based on a query to total miles and gallons for each state in a quarter. Last quarter, the report worked perfectly. This quarter, for some reason, it's bringing in all records that have ever been entered instead of just the previous quarter's records. The only difference is that I changed the way the report opens. It used to required entering the beginning and ending dates multiple time. So, I created a form from which to pull the starting and ending date. I have opened the que...

How to select No Button in AfxMessageBox
Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No button and not the YES button? Thanks, Christian <chhenning@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149620473.144818.209610@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using > AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No > button and not the YES button? > Maybe use MB_DEFBUTTON2. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Thanks, that was it!! ...

Disappearing/Changing Combo Box Selections
First post, so be gentle. Here goes... In Access 2003, I have a subform (headerdeductcodes), with the recordsource being a table, connected to the main form by a ParentID. Within the subform, I have two combo boxes: Deduction_Type (SELECT DeductTypes.TABLE_ID, DeductTypes.SYSCODES_FIELD1 FROM DeductTypes) [a table], and Deduction_Description, which is populated based on the option selected from Deduction_Type. The After Update code for Deduction_Type reads: Private Sub Deduction_Type_AfterUpdate() Me.Deduction_Description = Null Me.Deduction_Description.RowSource = "SELECT Deduc...

Select/Append Query Malfunction
I have an append query that takes a parameter and two combo box selections from frmEmpSetHours. One of the combo box selections is Shift (1, 2, or 3). The resultant dynaset is appended to tblEmployeeProduction. Shift 1 and 2 have Shift.ShiftHours of "8". Shift 3 has Shift.ShiftHours of "7.5". The problem is that the dynaset returned/appended after inputting selections for 3rd shift return a Shift.ShiftHours value of 8 instead of 7.5. I have tried building the sql from scratch one line at a time and have been successful returning the appropriate Shift.ShiftHours until I ...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

Great Plains should let you select the PO From Service Call Manage
Great Plains should let you select the PO to add to when creating a PO from the Inventory Requirements Window in Service Call Management ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Select text (in order to copy) from another app ?
Hello, I'm working with .NET, I use p/invoke system to access Win32 API. I find here I could use WM_COPY to copy some text into clipboard from another app. This is working if I manually select the text before. So to resolve this : I should send a "select text" message the the target window before. I found I could use EM_SETSEL, but it doesn't appear to work with invokes in .NET. The target window is a modified richtext. Selecting text seems to be a basic operation but I don't find how to do with .NET. Does anyone have an idea, or advice ? (please don't tell me not...

Setting Value Of One Cell Equal To Value Of Selected Cell
Without using VBA - If cell A1=red, A2=white and A3=blue, can I set C1 to be the value of the selected cell so that if A1 is selected, C1 will equal red, if A2 is selected, C1 will equal white, etc.? Thanks, Sheldon Potolsky Sheldon, In a word, no. No worksheet thing comes to mind that works as a function of the active cell. You might want to use some radio buttons or a list box (Forms Toobar or Control Toolbox) instead of cell selection. They'll let you click to make such choices, and you can use formulas that will change a cell value as you wish. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, ...

Selective Printing in SOP Reports
Well our 'Partners' haven't been too helpful on this one so I will just throw it out there in the hope someone is more clever with Report Writer than us or them. Our issue is the printing of 'Kits' on the SOP reports. We would like to be able to selectively print Kit component items. Using a User-defined field on the item card we would set it as 'print' or 'no print'. Based then on the value of that field, or any other 'flag' one might use, when a sub-item (i believe that is the correct term for a Kit component) is encountered it would be p...

Max issue with an Insert Into Select
Hello, i am hoping someone maybe able to help me with a problem i am having with an Insert Into Select statement. I am getting the Parameter dialog coming up when i try to execute the following query. The query uses a lot of predefined values but the problem is with the Max statement i think Thanks for any help given John INSERT INTO GH_STREET_REFERENCES (GSR_PK,GL3A_PK,GL4A_PK,GF_PK,LANGUAGE_CODE, CHANGE_TYPE, END_X, END_Y, USRN, DESCRIPTOR, NAMING_AUTHORITY_CODE, PROCESSED_FLAG,START_X, START_Y, TOLERANCE, TYPE, VERSION_NUMBER) SELECT Max(gh_street_references.gsr_pk) + 1 as gsr_p...

Displaying the label of the selected Option Button
Hi, in Word 2003, how can I display elesewhere in the doc the label associated with the radio/option button that the user has selected? Has this something to do with Fields? I can't seem to work out how to do it. Any thoughts please? Can I suggest that you don't use activex controls in a document. They are primarily intended for web page creation. Use instead check boxes - which can emulate the action of radio buttons with the aid of macros. - http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm However to answer the question asked, radio buttons work in group...

Using "Save As" with a file name selected by cell
I am trying to save a worksheet where the Save As dialog box appears so the user can choose the location. I need the file name to be predefined from a cell entry. The following works by saving the file as "Data - (A1).xls" where A1 is a variable but it saves in the current folder only. How can I use the Save As dialog box so that the new file name appears by default and the user can then select the location? Sub SaveWithVariableFromCell() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Dim SaveName As String SaveName = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Text ActiveWork...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...