seek better program to replace Outlook

We operate a small California business and email is essential to our
communication to customers, clients, and suppliers.

We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a better
pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why?

Thank you very much.

I may have answered this before, but I think you have to
ask yourself what you want from an email client, then do
your searches...
All in all, Outlook 2003 is very good...

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook Closing Spontaneously
Since yesterday afternoon, Outlook has been starting up correctly, but then a message comes on screen saying that a problem is preventing Outlook from operating and Outlook will be closed. No specific problem is ever disclosed and no subsequent "solution" is ever found. The program just closes. All other programs seem to operate normally. Could this be related to the last MS "update" on the 14th? It did work until the 15th. We tried exciting, to no avail. I tried also starting it as Program Administrator, to no avail. We made no changes to the PC, or Outlook...

Outlook 2003 Crashes #2
Help please!! Event ID 1000. Source Office 11. This computer crashes while in Outlook. Suddenly closes the application and the opens the application again and you may continue working on it. I would like to know what is causing this to crash. This computer was upgraded from 98 to XP in order to install Office Professional Edition 2003. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Denise ...

Outlook 98 error #3
I am having a problem opening up an e-mail that has been forwarded from another user, it comes in as an attachment as if I was attaching an item. If I receive an e-mail with an attachment e.g. word document it will open no problem. The exact error I get is could not open one or more attachments I have turned off all anti virus software and have lowered the attachment security setting and nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Thanks Gavin... ...

German Dictionary in Outlook 2000
I notice that the German dictionary does not find obvious mistakes, for example if I use the VERB "wuensche" it will only give me the NOUN "Wuensche" and that is false. It is similar for other words, it then always want to correct it to the Noun with Umlaut, not the verb. Any experience by writers who also use German with Outlook 2000? ...

Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard Problem
When I try to open the rules wizard I get the following message: The command is not available. Please see the documentation about how to use this extentsion. I looked within Outlook's Help and this is nothing there about it. How do I install the Rules Wizard? Oh and I looked on the Office XP CD and did not find it listed within the Outlook files. ...

HOWTO Export e-mail accounts from Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to move my Outlook 2003 installation to another machine. I can take my pst file across but I cannot export the e-mail accounts (I am not using Exchange, just Internet Mail). Does any know how to transfer the e-mail accounts across without manually re-entering them? Thanks. RoveR "Rover" <LmOneTwoEight@Post Office.no-spam.com> wrote in message news:uyGu%23TP4DHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have to move my Outlook 2003 installation to another machine. I can take > my pst file across but I cannot export the e-mail accounts (I am not using...

How do I set up an existing e-mail address in a new Outlook?
I just got Microsoft Outlook on my home computer. I have been using Outlook at work with an e-mail account through my company server. At home, my ISP is AOL, so I have an AOL e-mail account I would like to set up Outlook at home, but I can't (or I don't know how to) use my work e-mail address Is there any way I can set up my Outlook with either my aol e-mail account, or a new e-mail account without adding or changing my current ISP? I have letters sitting in my Outlook outbox waiting to be "sent", but I don't think they will be sent until I configure Outlook with an ...

Outlook folders...EVERYWHERE!
Hi all, Using Outlook 2007 on a new machine and didn't have this on my past desktop. Windows XP. It seems like in every folder there pops up a "outlook contact" and "outlook calendar" folder. When I delete them, they come back. It may be happening in folders where I pull things in to attach to emails. Any info as to what these are and if should and/or how to get rid of them? Thanks! Andy Anyone? On May 24, 10:09 pm, HopyMSU <andy.scheu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Using Outlook 2007 on a new machine and didn't have this on my past > d...

Can't archive or delete emails in Outlook
Hi Folks, I'm running into a problem that is driving me batty. I have a pst file that I use to archive my email. The size of the file is 1.3Gb. It has been compacted, and I believe this was originally created with Outlook97. I'm currently using Outlook 2002. I'm trying to take this archive file and break it up into smaller files. I've created an archive file for each year (eg. archive2000.pst, archive2001.pst). When I try to archive the main file to one of these other files I receive an error. When I try to manually move or copy the email to one of these files I get th...

Outlook 2003 doesn't ask me for my profile password everytime??
I just recently upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003. When I fire up outlook now, it doesn't always ask me for my profile password. So now if someone goes into outlook, they can view all my contacts, emails, calendar. This was working fine in outlook 2002. If I reboot my pc, and go into outlook, it will ask me for my password. But if I have my pc up for a while, sometimes I am just able to click on outlook and go right into my personal profile without having to enter a password. I greatly appreciate any help you can give me!! Thanks very much! Get knockout (http://www.sunflowerhead.c...

red flags & marking messages for follow up in Outlook 2002 & 2003
I have Outlook 2002 on one PC and Outlook 2003 on another. I am using Exchange 2000. If I flag a message for follow-up on Outlook 2002 a red flag is shown on both Outlook 2002 & 2003. However, it does not show in the "for follow up" default search on Outlook 2003 until I right-click on the flag and select "red flag". The red flag displayed then has a red background instead of a white one. Are Outlook 2002's red flags not quite red enough or do I have a local problem? Steve. Outlook 2002 doesn't support quick flags which are found in the search folder. Y...

Outlook 2002 #58
I cannot find Switch Identity in Outlook 2002. I have this feature in Outlook Express on my old computer. This feature allows me to use one Internet provider but have two e-mail address, by switching e-mail address. Please help me soon. Thank you. See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:015501c3aae2$737ae2f0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Susan Griseta wrote: > I cannot find Switch Identity in Outlook 2002. I have > t...

synchronizing outlook on 2 computers
What's the best way to synchronize outlook on 2 computers? Until now, I've been copying the pst file between my desktop and my notebook using a promgam called Beyond Compare to make certain both have the same information. I read somewhere in this group that this is not a good way to do this, since it can lead to a corrupted profile. I recently ran into a corrupted profile problem that took me weeks to recover from, and I don't want it to happen again. Surely there are a lot of people who want to do exactly what I'm trying to do. Thanks in advance, Pic There's some inf...

Outlook
I previously used Outlook Express and was able to view HTML messages without any problem. Now that I am using Outlook (it's 97 v8.02) I cannot view any incoming HTML messages. They are plain text. Can anyone advise a solution? Thank you, Jane You are correct. HTML support was introduced in Outlook 98. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Normand" <IT@jpi-plastics.com> wrote in message news:0bbd01c347cd$b6b0be50$a601280a@p...

Weird Outlook Behavior
Outlook contact form would not accept lowercase s or c but would accept uppercase S and C. What's up with that?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com What happens when you try? Is your shift key clean? How about your caps lock key? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jacque asked: | Outlook contact form would not accept lowercase s or c but would | accept uppercase S and...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Synchronisation Error
I have a PC using the Outlook client which is consistently throwing an error when synchronising with CRM. The error reports "an error has occurred", helpfully. Event log shows error 6410 - "One or more MS CRM Address Book Cache files are missing". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client on this machine - still get the same error. Have seen postings elsewhere about this error with CRM 3.0 due to user not having security role with "Work Offline" - but this user has this permission. Any suggestions? Have you tried this already Close outlook...

Transferring outlook express from one computer to another
I have a new computer and want to transfer all my old emails and contacts. Any idea how I would do this? I have zip drive. thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;news...

Deleting identities in Outlook Express 6
I have an identity created in OE6, but I do not know the password. My daughter forgot it. How can I delete or change the identity without the password? Do I have to re- install Win XP? Thanks. Steve This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public...

MS Outlook contacts
I had MS outlook on another computer and it crashed. I got a new one and installed outlook and all of my contacts are not there along with my address book. How do I get them back You installed Outlook on a new computer and expected all your Outlook data would just magically appear? Did you do nothing to backup and transfer your Outlook data? Surely you've left some details out in your post or you wouldn't even be asking this question. You would know your Outlook data is gone. -- Russ Valentine "Starvyun Shepherd" <Starvyun Shepherd@discussions.microsoft.com...

how do I set up my email to view in outlook?
Ok, I've tried unsucessfully a million times to link outlook to my email account. I've tried with my hotmail account and now I am trying with my cox address and I obviously don't know what I'm doing. can someone please put me out of my misery?! Struggling wrote: > Ok, I've tried unsucessfully a million times to link outlook to my email > account. I've tried with my hotmail account and now I am trying with my cox > address and I obviously don't know what I'm doing. can someone please put me > out of my misery?! Call tech support at Cox. You&...

yahoo e-mail on Outlook
How do I get yahoo e-mail to come up in Outlook 2003? In news:F6930977-496A-4337-ACCC-DC59174740CD@microsoft.com, mavrick <mavrick@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > How do I get yahoo e-mail to come up in Outlook 2003? You need to pay Yahoo for POP access to their servers - the info you'd need to do this is on the Yahoo mail help pages. 1. You must use a paid Yahoo! Mail account. 2. Ask Yahoo - they have the help files, not Microsoft. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my perso...

Log users off Outlook
I need to set up a policy that will log my users out of Outlook by a certain time each evening. Open mailboxes are not allowing my backup to finish. I have set the backup to backup without a lock, but it still doesn't finish in the allocated time. open mailboxes have no effect on performing an online backup, which is what you should be doing, and what MS recommends... "jcpierce" <jcpierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F764EA08-E6DF-4BFE-84FD-A0E71F5A7159@microsoft.com... > I need to set up a policy that will log my users out of Outlook by a cert...

'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' checked when created from a blackberry
outlook 2000 exchange 5.5 blackberry 4.1 if I create a contact using the outlook 2000 client by default, the email property 'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' is 'unchecked' if I create the contact on the blackberry and sync it with outlook, when the contact is added to outlook, the email property 'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' is 'checked' so that when 1) I tried to use the contact to send mail, I get "the operation failed" when hitting the send button 2) I open t...

Outlook 2003 #148
Can anyone please tell me how to export my email accounts in Outlook 2003 it all seemed very simple in 2000. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, Paul. Paul <bazz40uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Can anyone please tell me how to export my email accounts > in Outlook 2003 it all seemed very simple in 2000. Export them to what? -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't open files received in Microsoft Outlook e-mail
When I get an attached Excel file and double click on the icon, I get the option box to either open or save. If I try to open the file, Excel opens up but the file will not. The message I get is that the system "can't find the file". If I save it to the hard drive, I can then go open it. HELP! I would much rather open the file to see whether it is worth saving. Thanks if you can help me on this. Marshall In Excel, go to Tools Options General and uncheck Ignore other applications "Marshall" <mlounsb@clemson.edu> wrote in message news:990101c4972e$c...