Security

when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message
that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments,
if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message
back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS
OFF>.....    if I send the link to my aol account rather
then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no
porblem, HELP.....  phil
0
anonymous (74722)

Can't really be turned off, but it can be customized to need.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message
> that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments,
> if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message
> back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS
> OFF>.....    if I send the link to my aol account rather
> then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no
> porblem, HELP.....  phil

0
neo
1/1/2004 6:28:05 PM
Attachments with the Outlook E-mail Security Update
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message
that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments,
if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message
back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS
OFF>.....    if I send the link to my aol account rather
then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no
porblem, HELP.....  phil

0
Skippy9697 (148)

Dynamcis Security Console Error
Hi All, I installed Dynamics Web services for GP 10. I am able to browse web services,security admin pages successfully. But i am not able to assign the windows user to entity using Entity ID Assignment node in the Dynamics Security Console. Eror : Could not open the Select User or Group dialog. Unable to load DLL ' ObjectPickerInterop.dll': This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstall the application may fix this problem. ( Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1) please give me your suggestion to resolve this issue. Note :I...

Security Audit
Hi all, We are currently deploying exchange 2003 in our organization. I'm just wondering if there is free security audit/report tool available out there... My goal is I would be able to generate a detail security report if HR want to know who has access to other's mailbox or at least trying to or who grants access to who... Right now i'm using mailbox information tool. Thanks. ...

security for domain network
Hi all , I am reviewing some of the setting for securing our netowrk computers and also servers,... Is there a best practice source I can review to make sure I am doing the latest desktop lockdowns etc.. I have tried to do some searching and can't find any step by step best practices..... I am seeing some things that were maybe missed such as the local machine administrator password is blank....There is a user on the local machine that has a blank password..etc... Thanks again for your inight as always.... Bob On 31/07/10 19:36, hct wrote: > Hi all , > > I am re...

Major Security Flaw
Some of you may already have found this but I'll post it anyway. While looking thru a items movement report, and I found that double clicking the user that had sold a item , RMS bypassed all security and let a user with reports access , full control of administrator cashiers accounts . Could change admins passwords, security settings, security levels etc. Dennis What version of RMS are you running? Rob "MHPNW STAFF" <info@mobilehomepartsnw.com> wrote in message news:%23Ue$Rs7kGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Some of you may already have found this but I...

Access2000: Securing databases
Hi Somehow MS Access Help about subject is vague - I feel half the needed information is left out. I'll have several Access applications (two at moment), which will be a related databases system, i.e. some of tables in one application will serve as source data for another one. Later I'll split all projects to front- and back-end, and probably there will be several variants of front-ends. At moment I'm looking for a way to secure both applications (or have I to split them before?). The result of securing must: 1. ... allow multi-user access to both (at moment) applications ...

can't delete security from portolio
no matter how many times I do it, I can't seem to delete a security from the portfolio. Every time I go back into the portfolio, the security in question is still there? any suggestions? -- Cheers, Tom G. In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote: >no matter how many times I do it, I can't seem to delete a security from the >portfolio. Every time I go back into the portfolio, the security in question >is still there? > >any suggestions? Delete any transactions for that security. To find the transactions easily, right-click in Money 2005 and choose SeeInvestment...

Data file security
After viewing my MONEY (*.mny) with a hex viewer it appears to be encrypted (as expected). Does anyone know the details of this encryption? How secure is it, especially from being compromised via the internet? The data itself it encrypted, however if a 3rd party were to get the file, it could be compromised fairly simply through the use of a password cracker. The question would be how would someone get access to your file; by the internet or otherwise -- I'd say the odds would be slim. -- "Jerry" <gkaluzny@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:_Os_a.107348$6a3.3173941@tw...

Apply this security patch
--mqfxwgupdjsxt Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pktadkuznsk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pktadkuznsk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yvvkjucxbgh" --yvvkjucxbgh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities...

Securing mail from the administrator
My supervisors want a way to secure their mailbox from the admins, they want admins to NOT be able to read their mail. Not that an admin would. The admin still needs to have the power to backup, restore, delete, move, create and troubleshoot mailbox's, the exchange system and AD in general. How does one go about this? Thank you, John by default, Admins do not have the capability of logging onto/accessing anyone else's email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "John Newton" <JohnNewton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45495026-825B-454B-8976-E56CE2FF775...

Secure Password Authentication IMAP?
I currently have IMAP users using SSL on an Exchange2003 server. My Boss now doesn't want to encrypt the entire message and only wants to encrypt the username/password. Do you know how to encrypt the username/password so its not sent in the clear? I think its called secure password authentication. Ed On your IMAP Virtual Server properties, go to the Access Tab, then Authentication. Make sure that Basic with Requires TLS/SSL is selected. You can also select SASL, but that may not work through a firewall. Now that you have done this, go to the Communication section and make sure ...

Security certificate on server is invalid
I'm attempting to sync my Dash phone wirelessly through activesync. I'm using Form based authentication and SSL on my exchange server. I exported my certificate from my OWA site and installed it on my device - but even after doing that I'm still getting an error telling me that my certificate is invalid. This cert was created on the server. It is not from anywhere like verisign. Can anyone explain why the dash still thinks the cert is invalid even though its installed? ...

Outlook Attachments
When a user receives an email with a .url attachment the user can not click on it and visit the website. Originally they were being deleted by Outlook until I found the registry fix. There are two options "save to disk" and cancel. If they try to save it to disk first they get the error below. ********************************************** * Outlook cannot save this url to a file. Cannot find this file. * * Make sure the path and file name are correct. * ********************************************** ...

Multiple GAL security
I am running E2k3 and trying to setup multply Global address lists based on Group Membership. I have be referecing article 321723 which states to build a filder using user-Group Memebership Is eactly then the distinguished name. WHen I select field, user, there is no group memebership field to select from. Can anyone give me an example of how they have done this. Also, when setting up filters, can you use bolean logic with the filters??? IE.. user email ends with abc.com and user email ends with def.com? Thank you, Steve Click User -> Member Of ---------------------------...

Dynamics Security Console #2
Hi, I am trying to install BP for GP10. I have Sharepoint Server 2007 install on one machine and SQL2005 on another. I am at the step of installing Web Services, i have done all the required part and was successfull in the installation and I am able to pull the webpage with all the services available. But in the "web Service Installation manual " p.27. when I am trying to get the Dynamics Security Service to select the applications , I get an error message: I select SecurityService and then a pop up comes up with the following information: " could not access the Securit...

User Security setup in GP 10
Dear All, My customer would like to setup User Security for the company's users. Does anyone have a matrix or spreadsheet that will help in mapping out users permissions before doing the actual setup in GP? Thanks in advance. Regards Saras Hi Saras Take a look at Jivtesh's Blog page where you can down load a spreed sheet that may help. http://www.jivtesh.com/2007/11/gp-10-security-excel-sheet-which-has.html Cheers -- Fliehigh "Saras" wrote: > Dear All, > > My customer would like to setup User Security for the company's users. Does > anyone have...

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page
Hello. When i open a certain email in Outlook 2003, i get the attached message. I followed the instructions in article id: 816702 and it still gives the same message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tony --------------------------- Microsoft Internet Explorer --------------------------- Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- "Tony Girgenti" <tonylakeside@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u9Z9faRGGHA.64...

Entourage/MacMail Problem after Office SP2/Security Update 2005-008
I am using an iMac G5 running OS 10.3.9 set for four users. After installing the Office 2004 for Mac SP2 and the Apple Security Update 2005-008, in that order, one of the users is getting the spinning color wheel when attempting to open Entourage. New mail is accessible via MacMail, but when attempting to access Mail Preferences, the spinning wheel returns. One of the other users also uses Entourgae, and her account was never effected by the updates. I have searched and am aware there is a conflict of some sort between SP2/SU 2005-008. There is apparently a newer version of SP2 available, but...

Macro security question
Greetings, I just moved from W98 to XP Pro. I brought along my spreadsheets with macros I wrote. When I open the workbooks in Microsoft Office Excel 2003 running under XP Pro, I get a message that the macros are disabled and some guidance on how to lower the security from Very high to High and then ..... Well I followed the guidanc and found that my security was already set at High and then the rest of the guidance didn'ty work. I tried help but couldn't find anything that makes sense. Can some one tell me how to tell the software that my macros are ok? TIA Ray, lower it to medium...

Security Access Documentation
I want to create a list that shows user access on GP. I know there is a report I can run to get this ifnormation, but it is showing those things the user has access and those things the user don't have any access (more than 300 pages). I have been looking for documentation on this issue, but the information is very limited. Is there a way or some place I can learn more about this? Thanks in advance! The current security implementation in Great Plains is a deny based system. This means that there are records stored for any resource that a user is denied access to or has access gran...

Security for Lists under View
Under the View menu option, there are Financial, Sales, Purchasing and Inventory lists. Is there any way to restrict access to these lists? I have been looking in Advance Security, and so far, nothing is clear cut. Let me know when you can, thanks in advance. Rick Rick - GP will figure-out what lists to display based on a user's security access to the information that would be shown in the lists. So, if you remove access to financials windows, they will not have access to financials lists. Brenner www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "Rick Patey" wrote: > Under the View me...

Microsoft Office has identifed a potential security concern
Hello, I created an hyperlink between a Project Std 2007 task and a Word document, but when I click on it to open the document, I get the warning: ______________________________ Microsoft Office Project Security Notice Microsoft Office has identifed a potential security concern. This location may be unsafe. Specifications.docx Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to continue? _______________________________ How can I get rid of the warning? Thanks for your help Try posti...

Check these security pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--ckhltblgak Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nfxvsxzjaneavkg"; type="multipart/alternative" --nfxvsxzjaneavkg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vnurlkugyrxlm" --vnurlkugyrxlm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2025, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Mailbox security #5
Turns out on exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 gives any user the option to view any other users info. When logged into their outlook, they can go to file>open other users folder, and choose inbox/calendar etc, and the fodler opens, even though there have not be setup to access the folder in permissions. How do we stop this? That shouldn't happen - by default administrators (including Exchange Full Administrators) do not have access to users' mailbox content. Here are the minimum permissions required on Stores: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328229 -- Bha...

Reset Level 1 Security
Security settings on Outlook 2002 make it impossible to send or recieve dot-url files. dot-url is included in the list of Level 1 security. How can I change that. so I can send and recieve URLs? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using Tools | Options | Sec...

Error when assigning a Custom Entity to a Security Role
I'm trying out a Titan VPC. I created a custom entity. When I try to assign it to a role, I get an error message (Error, contact your System Administrator). Anyone has an idea of why this happens? It sounds like a bug... Hi Piri, I tried my VPC [Running 4.0.7219.10] and I could not reproduce any error. I crated a custom entity, added a few attributes, saved and published it. I then created a new security role, then set the perms on the custom entity for that role. (Assuming this is what you meant by assigning it to a role.) I assigned several users to this custom role, and did ...