Search Folders Not Searching Deleted Folder

I created a search folder and it is only including mail items that ar
*not* in the Deleted Items folder. I have verified that the Delete
Items Folder is selected for the "search in" properties.

Is there a way to force Deleted Items to be included in Searc
Folders?

Thanks!
Jerr

--
jerrylanejohn
jerrylanejohns's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m84

I don't think search folder search in the Deleted Items or Junk E-mail
folders. It's probably based on the assertion that those folders shouldn't
contain items of concern.

"jerrylanejohns" <jerrylanejohns.1w4ilz@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au>
wrote in message

> I created a search folder and it is only including mail items that are
> *not* in the Deleted Items folder. I have verified that the Deleted
> Items Folder is selected for the "search in" properties.
>
> Is there a way to force Deleted Items to be included in Search
> Folders?

0
vince8328 (2733)

Delete email without opening?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How do I delete an email without opening the message. I have received emails that I want to delete without opening but if I click on them to delete, they open. <br><br>Thank you in advance. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343745054_1473713 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Click on the massage with right ...

Why put 'junk' mail in Junk E-mail, when it goes into 'Deleted Items' anyway?
OS 10.4.11 Ibook g4 Entourage 11.4.0 Hi, Does putting junk mail into the the junk email icon (pink envelope) first have any more effect on minimizing future junk mail than just deleting it (trash can) the first time around. I put junk into the 'Junk' envelope. Then, when I select/delete it from there, it goes into the 'Deleted Items', where it would have gone right away if I'd just clicked the trash can in the first place. Is there a reason for taking two steps in getting rid of junk mail, instead of one�deleting it? Thanks, Rafael Rafael Mont...

Re: Find last cell in a column, Delete its contents and make it ac
Sub uselastcellinL() Application.Goto Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp) ActiveCell.ClearContents End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Sub deletelastcellinL() > Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Delete shift:=xlUp > End Sub > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett@gmail.com > "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:D...

How to filter which batches to delete?
Hello: I've been having some issues with batches getting deleted by a "ghost", according to my users, when in fact it must some user who's doing it on purpose. The thing is that now i want to filter out no matter which module or batch type, the users, all of them, can only delete empty batches, those who say "available" and "There are no transactions". I've tried doing it with the option "Field Security level", but i did not work, or i didn't do it correctly, either way, is there other procedure, or do i have to do it in coding. ...

Public Folder Referral Reports?
With a large Exchange 2000 environment, we have relied on our end users to tell us when a Public Folder needs to be replicated to a remote server. Is there a tool to tell us what PF Referrals are occuring to our primary PF server? We would like to proactively create replicas of frequently used PFs on these remote servers so our end users can have the best performance possible I've been unable to find any information about tracking down PF Referrals Thanks in advance for your replies. ...

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

Create link in publisher to folder stored on same web site
I created my web page in Publisher and succesfully published it. I draged and dropped a folder on my ftp site. I tried, without success, to place a hyperlink from my web page to open the folder. Please advise if it is possible to create the link and of so how it can be done. Thanks. Bob. On your webpage use a name or image, i.e., The cars folder is available here. Using the mouse highlite the word here and select Insert, Hyperlink. The hyperlink would read /cars Note the cars folder and the link to it are case sensitive. That's it. don Vancouver, USA "Bob W" <Bo...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Searching in Outlook
Hi, Can someone tell me how can I do an "AND" search in Outlook? For example, I would like to search for emails that have the words "Perk" and "Plan" within Outlook. Thank you! -- Sherry Vinturella Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007 does an AND search by default and so does Advanced Find when specifying both words in the same field on the Advanced tab. Another method would be to use the Query Builder. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/276 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook ...

Public Folders #55
I joined a new server and moved everything over about a year ago. I was checking the Public Information Store and noticed 3 folder are still pointing to the old Exchange. I have that server unplugged. Will anything bad happen if I redirect those Public Folders to the new server? Also, in the MTA queues the old server is listed with 692 messages and growing. Can I remove them with MTA check? I also have the old server still listed in the new Exchange server. The old server has been down for about a year now but I never uninstalled the Exchange software. Can I just delete the old server from...

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

Exchange public folder replication
I have a situation where i'm going to be taking out our first exchange server in the organization(i already have another exchange server that's been running for the organization for some time). Have already replicated public folders to the other server and rehomed the address book and rehome the schedule + free busy folder, have moved all the mailboxes and rehome the recipient update service. When i go to turn off replication and check the replication status under public folders, replication, details. I notice that some of the folders have a status of local modified, on the f...

Search Code Problem
I have a search that I would like to have run from three tables. 'strSQL = "SELECT tblHouses.RollNumber, tblHouses.PID, tblHouses.FirstOfHouseAddress, tblAccounts.AccountNo, tblListNos.MainListNo1, tblListNos.MStatus, tblListNos.ProjectID, tblHouses.Strata, tblHouses.Inactive, tblHouses.FirstOfPostalCode, tblHouses.FirstOfHouseNumber, tblHouses.FirstOfRoadName, tblHouses.LotNo, tblHouses.Telephone1, tblHouses.Telephone2, tblListNos.MPriority, tblListNos.MaintenanceComments, tblListNos.MainIssuedDate " _ '& "FROM (tblHouses LEFT JOIN tblListNos ON tblHouses.R...

search telephone numbers in outlook 2007
I have posted this question before but no one seems to know the answer. I cant believe nobody has a solution. Previous post = I cant seem to search for telephone numbers which have been typed into an appointment. Particularly once they have been altered into a hyperlink ie when you type tel:0111122223 followed by either a space or return in an appointment the number turns blue and underlined and gets altered to a hyperlink. But the numbers become invisible in search - even using the advanced search criteria? Can telephone numbers / hyperlinks be searched? you could search for tel ...

Old bills will not delete in budget
In my budget, I have bills showing up automatically that I have previously deleted from the bill payment schedule. When I try to edit these transations, nothing shows up. I am not given the option to delete them. How do I remove them from showing up in my budget catagories? I was able to do this by viewing the "bill calendar" and deleting the bills from there. They did not show up in the Bills and Deposits list but they did in the calendar. Hope that helps. "roxcorner" wrote: > In my budget, I have bills showing up automatically that I have previously >...

Deleting XML Record from Dataset removing table?
Hi All, When I delete the last record from my dataset and then WriteXML() to the file; the Table itself, in the xml file, is removed. I need to prevent the table structure from being deleted if there are no more records to be written to the XML file from the Dataset. Any ideas here, John. "John" <jrugo@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:eEDs6IW4FHA.400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When I delete the last record from my dataset and then WriteXML() to the file; the Table itself, in the xml file, is removed. I > need to prevent the table structure from being deleted ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to delete all the cr*p. Is there an Outlook option or a rule that someone can suggest to set up, in a step-by-step fashion, that will combine these three into one? Thanks, Feedscrn By default Outlook only has 1 deleted items folder. What are the other 2? Are they in 2 other personal folders? "feedscrn" <feedscrn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1193150667.085940.208790@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to > de...

user access public folders with no restrictions
i have an exchange server 2003, we want to use shared public folders. I have a public folder call sales and a couple of calender under it, i set the permission on the folder in exc manager. we can access it inside and out. BUT the problem i found is that when i just goto servername/public, on my brouser inside the network .... i have full access - no restrictions You'd be wise to check what the Default and Anonymous permissions are set to on the public folder. Also, if you created the Public Folder, you will by default be an owner, with no restrictions. Also, keep in mind ...

Sync Issues Folder #2
I have installed MS Office 2003 and I am using it with Excahnge server. For some reason, the "Sync Issues" folder under my mailbox folder has been renamed to "Sync Issues1". I'd like to get the name changed back to the original "Sync Issues". I can't use the usual folder rename as this is a special outlook folder related to the server sync. features in Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook in cached mode. How can I get ths folder back to its orginal name? ...

personal folder files
I was given a disk that contains pst.files. I saved the information onto my C drive. I clicked on Outlook, went to open and selected my personal folder files. Once there I selected the location and the file and went to open it. An error message popped up stating the "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". Then it tells me I don't have permission to open this file. I'm not sure what this warning means. Any suggestions would help me greatly. Also the person who created this disk stated it should be able to open in Outlook 2000, thoug...

how to move public folder store
How do you move the public folder store that gets created in the first storage group (FSG) to another storage group? Apparently everyone in the world is happy as clams leaving everything as default because there's absolutely NO information anywhere that mentions this. I just want my Public Folders to be in their own storage group. I'm running Exchange 2003 Enterprise, SP1. Any guidance would be appreciated. J. I don't believe it can be moved...if you want it in its own SG, I believe you have to just not create any mailbox stores in the default 1st Storage Group... "Jame...

Problem in opening Publid Folder
Hi, We have recently migrated Outlook 2000/Server Exchange 5.5 to Outlook 2003/Server Exchange 2003. Since then, it takes as long as several minutes for some users to open Public Folders. Does someone has any idea about why it takes so long and how to fix it ? Thanks, KK ...

cannot add search provider in IE8
I am trying to add a search provider in IE8 but am unable to. I click on find more providers and then go to a page that has a bunch of search providers (http://www.ieaddons.com/en/searchproviders) but when I click the "Add to Internet Explorer" button beside a search option nothing happens. I know a box is supposed to pop up asking me if I want to add the search provider and make it my default but no such box pops up. Why would that be? Hi, 1. You don't mention an error message, but see: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/79/1/Error-Internet-Explorer-could-not...

recovering deleted exchange
This may sound dumb but I couldn't find an article on the Net on how to do this; the problem is that the name of the exchange server under the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager has been deleted (by simply, right click on the server name and click delete). The problem is that I couldn't seem to find a way to put back that server on the System Manager. Is there a way to manually put back the exchange server on the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager? Thanks, --r "Rodney C. Jao" <rodney@e-jao.com> wrote: >This may sound dumb but I co...

Deletion of Fields
Haven't seen this asked in a while... any chance of field deletion in the future? We have about 20 extra fields we do not use/need. Kristina ps We have a test environment, I would be happy to give things a try if anyone has done this already... Kristina, There is a way to do this. First, make sure the field isn't being used in any forms, views or maps. This needs to be done manually. Though there are tables you can query to determine some of this information. Then, use the sp_ReplDropColumn command to remove the field. This will ensure that replication "sees" the ...