Search by category across all items

I'd like to assign the same category (for example "green") to multiple
kinds of items (message, task, note, etc).  Then I'd like to search
for the "green" category across all of those items. It seems Outlook
will let me search for only green emails, or by green tasks, etc. How
can I search for anything green?  Thanks
0
Marty

You can do this via Advanced Find; CTRL+SHIFT+F

Make sure you set "Look for:" to "Any type of Outlook item" and select the
correct folders to search in.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Marty McDonald" <bladethinker@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to assign the same category (for example "green") to multiple
> kinds of items (message, task, note, etc).  Then I'd like to search
> for the "green" category across all of those items. It seems Outlook
> will let me search for only green emails, or by green tasks, etc. How
> can I search for anything green?  Thanks

0
Roady

Inventory Item Reconcile #2
We recently began using our inventory module more in-depth than ever before, due to a new business acquisition. I entered beginning counts for our items by an adjustment. I then entered outstanding orders, which should show in the qty allocated field. I have also invoiced (using SOP) some orders. I expected the system to keep an accurate on hand count, but the qty allocated is not updating properly, and I have to run the item reconcile every time I have any kind of inventory transactions to get an accurate on hand and qty allocated. Some of the items are correct, others are not, an...

MER
I have a 2 field table: ID and item this table is a "child" table. . . therefore the ID field can have the same value multiple times. Additionally, there is a limit of 4 itmes per customer. ID item 3401 82320 3401 79321 3401 86732 3402 52350 3402 49325 3402 76512 3402 91517 I want to have the result of a query list each ID uniquely once, and all the items associated with it in that same output record: ID item_1 item_2 item_3 item_4 3401 82320 79321 86732 3402 52350 49325 76512 91517 There...

List view with no item selection
How could i do that Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGING notification. Before return assign value 1 to *pResult. "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > How could i do that > > > ...

change encoding for multiple items/folders
I would like to know if there is a way to set different encoding to multiple items (messages) I receive? for example - i 'm receiving messages from some users in hebrew, but default encoding is cyrilic(windows). i've created a rule and messages from those senders are moved to specific folder now, i would like to set encoding for all messages in this folder. Thank You.. gebroi@gmail.com <gebroi@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to set different encoding to > multiple items (messages) I receive? > for example - i 'm receiving messages from ...

Help! How can I send email to ALL email addresses in a category?
Here is the procedure I follow...(I use Outlook 2003) 1. Create multiple users. 2. Each user has multiple email addresses (i.e. Email1, Email2, etc.) 3. Each user belongs to certain categories. I want to send out a single message to all users in a particular group. Like for example this... 1. Change the view to Categories (by clicking View/Arrange By/Categories. 2. Highlight the CATEGORY Name. 3. Click on the "New Message to Contact" button (the icon looks like a little envelope and a piece of paper - keep in mind that I'm not referring to the "New Message" butto...

Excel 2007 line chart automatic category axis text rotation
Is there any way in Excel 2007 of re-enabling the automatic (best fit) rotation feature on category values text axes after you have entered a custom angle (the simple checkbox that existed in previous versions is no longer there and the program will not allow you to remove a custom angle completely once one has been set - only to change it)? Many thanks, Boris. You apparently cannot do this through the user interface, but this line of VBA does it: ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).TickLabels.Orientation = xlTickLabelOrientationAutomatic Select the chart. Open the VB Editor (Alt+...

category (X) axis gridlines
Why would category (X) axis gridlines be useful in a chart Why would value (Y) axis gridlines be useful? It's true that often gridlines are unnecessary, and the default formatting in Excel is so bold that the gridlines detract from the data. However, in an XY chart, the X axis is used just like the Y axis, to plot numerical values proportionally to their values. And in a date scale axis, a major gridline every week helps to make the data easier to interpret. For gridlines, I like to use light gray; in my custom palette, I modify the default light gray to two shades lighter. - Jon ...

Item Count
Is there a limit on the number Item Numbers you can have in Headquarters or Store Operations? hi NMC, Well there is not really, but it depends on the data type used for the field like in HQ the item table used ID field as Int which is 4 bytes and the characteristic for the field are as below: Integer (whole number) data from -2^31 (-2,147,483,648) through 2^31 - 1 (2,147,483,647). Storage size is 4 bytes. So it means you can create the Item up to the limit in positve the same type also used in SO. Akber Alwani "NMC" wrote: > Is there a limit on the number Item Numbers y...

description from dimension fields needed in purchase order/item li
We originally did not attach sub descriptions on our matrix/part number because of the way the price tags would read on our merchandise. It is alot cleaner looking to have a simple description and then in the fields below to show size and color. So, it really should not be necessary to attach the dimensions to the part number. As you know with the character limitations this does not give good information anyway. So, what we really need is for the dimension fields to show in seperate colums both when we look at items and when we create purchase orders. Not having the ability to do this i...

Group change category for contacts
I am trying to change the category for a group of contacts. I have tried Edit Category (select new category) and using the right mouse button. But both options end with "The operation failed" Any ideas ...

Can you reformat order of items in Pivot Tables after refresh?
When I set up pivot tables for time reporting entries at work, there are often new projects that come in weekly, and every time that I refresh the report, the new items do not show up in alphabetical order in the drop down list (in the Page Field). Do any of you know if it's possible to reformat the order of these items without having to rebuild the report? I'm dealing with about 200 projects, and it becomes very difficult to sort when new projects are added at the bottom while the rest are listed alphabetically. I'd GREATLY appreciate any ideas! : ) Drag the page fi...

Delete all items from discussion board but not the actual board
Hi All Just wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way of deleting all the items from a discussion board on SharePoint without deleting the actual board? The list I have is extensive as it was used for testing purposes, but it is now due to go live and i want to use the board just delete all contents in one go. Please let me know if this is possible, as i ideally don't want to go through each item in turn to delete! Thanks Jo Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Outlook Form Programming : Search the free/busy status of users and get the...

right click search problems
Hello, today i turned on my laptop and when to right click on a folder and search and found this fun error. this file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action. create an association in the folder options control panel. stats xp pro sp3 "Don" <donald7.44@gmail.com> said this in news item news:#J6JJAClKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, today i turned on my laptop and when to right click on a folder and > search and found this fun error. > > this file does not have a program associated with it for preforming th...

Question on mapping item table fields when loading items from a fi
I am trying to load an item file from a distributor into RMS. I am confused about where to put the UPC code and the item number. IF I put this Distributors item code, for example ESTT1434 for a certain moodel rocket starter set, in the Item Lookip Code field, where do I put the UPC code? I read on some threads here where Some people said put the UPC code in the ILC field, but then where does the item code go? Mark, Most enter the UPC into the Alias database. Some use the UPC as their ILC, then it becomes the "item code". Disty's code for the item goes into the Supplie...

Assign a category by email account
I have a single laptop that I use for work and home. In Outlook 2007, I have four email accounts. I would like for the mail from any single account to be coded with the same category color flag. So xxx@gmail.com would be blue, yyyy@gmail.com would be green, etc. Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007? Ed Ed wrote: > I have a single laptop that I use for work and home. In Outlook 2007, > I have four email accounts. I would like for the mail from any single > account to be coded with the same category color flag. So > xxx@gmail.com would be blue, yyyy@gmail.com would be green,...

Search engine
I am looking for an explanation on how the quick find is set and if it is possible to make modifications on the search. Here is my issue: In contacts entity, when I use the quick find, I can search for parts of the name. So if I am looking for John Smith, I can search for "smi" and my contact will show up in the list. If I do the same in accounts, my accounts do not show. So if John Smith is in my accounts, in order for him to show, I have to search for "*smi" instead of "smi" Why the difference? Can I adjust CRM in order to have the same search functi...

Self loading Search Engine "Pain"
My Home Page on MS Explorer is set to come up with "my.msm.com" page and lately it comes up with a search page. Something is changing it to *"http://www.cool-search.net/"* or same search engine loads as *"http://www.superbookmark.com/"* I keep setting it back to My.msm.com page but something keeps switching it. I run SpyHunter Software and nothing shows up. I need Help or some Idea on who to contact. Thanks Vic. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http:...

Search all worksheets in a workbook...
Hello All, I am trying to figure out how to search a certain cell range (AA4), on each of upto 30 worksheets in the same workbook. Then if it finds that range to be empty (ie: the page has not been used) delete it when exiting. My workbook autosaves a file on exit using the same cell range on the first worksheet as it's filename. Regards Peter Hi Peter, Try: Sub sTester() Dim sh As Worksheet Const sTestCellAddress As String = "AA4" On Error GoTo XIT Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets With sh I...

Category axis scale
Does anyone know how to change the category axis to logarithmic You need to use an XY (Scatter) chart, not a line chart. Assuming your X values are numeric, you can double click on x axis values to get the x axis menu. Select Scale. Logarithmic scale is one of the options - lower part of window. "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:533FD6AE-5C18-429A-8368-95CFAA4190E3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to change the category axis to logarithmic ...

Item Class Filter on Stock Status report
Currently the Historical Stock Status report has a filter for Item Class. The Stock Status report does not have this filter. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Calendar continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder
Hi, I have a user who reports her Calendar (Outlook 2000) continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder. Server is Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Any thoughts? Do they get added to the calendar before they are deleted? Does this person have the Resource Scheduling option under Tools->Options->Caledar set to automatically accept? Also, does the person have the option set to delete blank and voting options turned on? One last thing to check, does the user have any rules defined that affect appointment items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

search for certain words
What I am looking to do is rather basic (I would hope). One colum contains a list of names. I need to search through each cell in thi column. Then, if �dc� or �sir� appear anywhere in the cell that entir row/record gets copied to a new sheet. I have a macro written to copy the records to another sheet. I can� seem to find out how to search the cell for certain words. bmille -- bmille ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bmiller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1485 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Correlating transaction across accounts
My advance apologies if this is a faq...I'm a newbie & I'm trying to do something pretty basic without much luck. Any info will be much appreciated. I pay my credit-card with a check (from my checking account). So, when this check gets cleared & I download information into MS Money from both my credit-card company & my bank -- I have 2 transactions (a withdrawal in my bank account register & a corresponding deposit into my credit-card register). This is all correct so far. Now, how do I correlate these 2 transactions & tell MS- Moeny that both these transac...

Excel search function #3
Hi All, Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in cell. Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero digit in the string of A1. Thanks, Thyag. Thyag wrote: > Hi All, > Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in > cell. > > Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero > digit in the string of A1. There are 5 non-zero digits in your example. Using your example, what would be the result? -- Jordon No need to post in more than one ...

ability to select more than 1 item on a sales transaction entry wi
is anyone aware of a tool or product that would allow us to select more than 1 sales item at a time when entering a document in the sales transaction entry window? we are finding it very cumbersome to enter transactions via the GP sales transaction entry window - enter 1 sales item... tab to next line... enter 2nd sales item...tab to next line , etc. We are looking to have the item window appear and be able to select more than 1 item. kernl, No I haven't heard of anything like this although I seem to recall talking about writing one years ago for a customer. But it never happen...