Search #3

Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook. (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted soliciters).
0
anonymous (74722)

This does not happen on any of my installations.

Please be more specific with when and how this happens - detail the steps to
reproduce the situation as I am unable to do so based on your post.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Phil asked:

| Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about
| five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e.,
| Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above
| the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook.
| (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted
| soliciters).

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/3/2004 8:10:49 PM
1.	Opened, and the Personal Folders – Outlook Today – displaye
2.	No problem in this folde
3.	Clicked on Contacts – Contacts Folder is displayed, after about seconds, an untitled window in the display area is shown with a
a.	 pop-up at the top, an “enter keyword here” field and a GO button is displaye
b.	Next line is “Search results for “outlook: Contacts�
c.	Next line – “1. Duplicate Contacts Eliminator…�
d.	Last Line is a field and “New Search” Butto
4.	Click on Tasks – Tasks Folder is displayed, after about seconds, an untitled window in the display area is shown with a
a.	 pop-up at the top, an “enter keyword here” field and a GO button is displaye
b.	Next line is “Search results for “outlook: Tasks�
c.	Next line – “Control Your Task List…�
d.	Last Line is a field and “New Search” Butto

When I want to look at a folder that is what I want to do. I have no control at all, every selection forces Outlook into this untitled search window. I thought that it might be a macro problem but I have the protection set to the most extreme level. ??

0
anonymous (74722)
4/3/2004 8:46:02 PM
Do you have any add-ins installed?  Especially Duplicate Contacts
Eliminator?  Go to Tools->Options->Other->Advanced->Add-in Manager and COM
Add-ins and uncheck any add-ins.  Close and restart Outlook.  Does this
still happen?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Phil asked:

| 1. Opened, and the Personal Folders – Outlook Today – displayed
| 2. No problem in this folder
| 3. Clicked on Contacts – Contacts Folder is displayed, after about
| seconds, an untitled window in the display area is shown with a:
| a. pop-up at the top, an “enter keyword here” field and a GO
| button is displayed
| b. Next line is “Search results for “outlook: Contacts”
| c. Next line – “1. Duplicate Contacts Eliminator…”
| d. Last Line is a field and “New Search” Button
| 4. Click on Tasks – Tasks Folder is displayed, after about seconds,
| an untitled window in the display area is shown with a:
| a. pop-up at the top, an “enter keyword here” field and a GO
| button is displayed
| b. Next line is “Search results for “outlook: Tasks”
| c. Next line – “Control Your Task List…”
| d. Last Line is a field and “New Search” Button
|
| When I want to look at a folder that is what I want to do. I have no
| control at all, every selection forces Outlook into this untitled
| search window. I thought that it might be a macro problem but I have
| the protection set to the most extreme level. ???

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/4/2004 5:36:07 PM
Yes

I unchecked Act! Extensions & Exchange Extensions Property Pages and it did the same thing

I checked and installed unpates for Windows XP and Office 2003 on my tabletop and Portable. Office update is newly installed (I have not been using Outlook for my contact management). I have Act! installed and am not happy with it, I also am currently using GoldRush which is better, but it looks like Outlook might finally have the best to offer if I can get it to work on the disktop. It does not have the same problem with the portable computer, it is stable. I suspect that there might be a macro bug causing the problem, that is why I did the updates

Everything is the same, which ever selection is made Outlook does a search.
0
anonymous (74722)
4/5/2004 12:41:03 AM
Any idea to what is causing this?
0
anonymous (74722)

additional sample reports crm 3.0
Are there any sources (MSDN, Blogs, Usenet...) for additional sample reports for CRM 3.0 in SRS? TIA Stefan check out the download section on at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com.crm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Stefan Rauchegger" <s.rauchegger@gmx.at> wrote in message news:1147079674.918193.213660@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Are there any sources (MSDN, Blogs, Usenet...) for additional sample > reports for CRM 3.0 > in SRS? > > TIA > > Stefan > ...

emailing invoices #3
My customer has a requirement to email invoices. It would be great if a whole batch could be emailed at the same time in a pdf format. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

Forward email #3
I'm trying to forward email that is sent to a email address by going into delivery options in active directory users & computers. I select to forward to a certain address and mark the box to delivery to mailbox and forwarding address. My question I neeed to forwars emails to more than one person how can I accomplish this? I'm not able to select more than one forwarding address? The only solution that comes to mind is to create a distribution list? Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Yes you'll need to setup a DL. Andrew --- "George Schneider" <geo...

Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard #3
Whenever I click on "Tools" then "Rules wizard" I get the following error message "Command is not available. See the program documentstion about how to use this extension" I have re-installed MS Office 2002 and all of the latest service pack and the web update and I still have this problem. The OS is Windows 2000 with all of the latest patches and updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Change Smartlist Phone 3 format
the customer would like to have the ability to change the phone 3 format in the Smartlist reports ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9e1a2c4-95ae-458c-98cf-...

3 values on Y axes
I have 3 widely varying values that I'm trying to plot. I have 2 Y axes (which take care of 2 values). The third value is well outside the ranges of the other 2 and its fluctuations are too difficult to decipher. Is there a solution for this? It's as if I'm trying to create a 3rd Y axis! BTW, I'm using a line graph; the X axis is a date range. -- Thanks, Joe Joe - You have (at least) three options: * Make three different charts * Make one chart with primary, secondary, and tertiary axes. Excel doesn't come with tertiary axes, but that's never stopped me: ...

Report Design Requirements for CRM 3.0
Hi everybody, I'm trying to figure out what's needed to design reports in CRM 3.0. There was a time when you absolutely needed Visual Studio 2003 and could download the Report Designer component. But I can't find that report design anywhere and have heard that you can now use Visual Studio 2005. Is that correct? Is the Report Design component now included in 2005? Do you need anything else?? THanks SRS report designer 2005 comes with sql 2005, not VS 2005 Thanks Do you mean that It's on the SQL 2005 CD? "Nate G" wrote: > SRS report designer 2005 comes...

What is the latest patch update for 1.3 ? 1.3R?
Hi guys, Can you help me with this queries ? :) 1) what is the latest patch update for 1.3 ?what feature's it has? 2)what is the latest patch update for 1.3R ?what feature's it has? 3)would there be difference if I used different version for my store's? we have 29 store , 27 is in 1.3.0203 and 2 in 1.3R (forget the version) ? And my Hq is running in 1.3.0203? 4)Is it necessarry to install SQL server in shops whenever i have 2 POS machine installed? 5)where can I get Q)1-2 ? Is there nice people around to share this files?Because if i wait for my resseller, it takes them awhi...

Unable to search on KB Articles while offline
While offline in outlook, I am able to do a KB Article search on the title of an article or by browsing articles by subject. However, the full text search does not work. Is there a way to make this work? ...

BP 3.0 Install
Installing BP 3.0, receving the following error: Microsoft.BusinessPortal.Install.DocumentLibraryCreator.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging ser.... Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Process id = 0xa78 (2680), thread id = 0xe08(3592) Has anyone ever seen this...install will continue, but am unable to connect to GP data through BP. ...

POP 3 Virtual Server does not start
Dear Friends, I have instaled my Exchange Server 2003 over a Dell Power Edge 700 / Windows Server 2003 and after the instalations, I have 2 basic problems. 1) The server shuts down too slow. It takes more than 10 minutes to restart 2) The Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service starts at the Service Folders but in the system Manager the Pop3 virtual Server does not start. Only after manually starting this service, I can recieve e-mails. Can anybody help me? Is there any fix or patch to handle with this problem? Best Regards, Eduardo. ...

Starting Excel #3
I am new to Excel and have no clue what I am doing. I have an Excel Workbook and it tells me to open the Student files,EE1_0101...I can't locate that file. Can anyone offer me any help? PLEASE! -- Mary Ward mary_ryan@charter.net What tells you to open it? Where and when is this message happening? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "MaryWard" <MaryWard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39953788-3E6B-4892-B914-F3AA9BA781D1@microsoft.com... > I am new to Excel and have no clue what I am doing. I have an Exce...

Clicking Links in OL2K+3
In OL2K if you clicked a hyperlink in Email #1 you got a browser window. If you clicked a link in Email#2, then it opened the site in the original browser window. Just upgraded to OL2K+3 and noticed that each email link will open a new browser window. Where is the controls for these settings. I am sure it's easy, just overlooking the obvious. TIA. Because of complaints about reusing windows, Outlook 2003 opens the pages in new browser windows. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickS...

Moving Information Store #3
Hi All, I had a problem about moving Information Store. I had installed two new harddisk in our Exchange Server because the server isn't enough space before. The Information Store was stored in C Drive before, so that I want to move the Information Store to new harddisk. The priv1.edb size is around 8GB and the priv1.stm size is around 7GB. Could you tell me that the difference of these two file? I only need to change the path in Exchange System Manager? What's preparation I have to do first? Thanks a lot. Ken No preparation requires as such - just make sure the new volume i...

Clear out Search results, start again?
Our search is turning up some articles that are located in an old backup of the original application which runs on a different port. I'm not sure why that is happening but I suspect something got messed up before the system went live. Since permissions have changed, folks get an error trying to get the document. Under Shared Services, I see that we've been doing an incremental crawl every 30 minutes for five start addresses- one is live, one is the backup site that we're incorrectly returning a few searches for, and the other three are small test sites. There has appar...

RMS HQ 1.3 Upgrade System Requirements
I understand that RMS SO 1.3 will require me to upgrade my Windows 2000 machines to XP-Pro. Will I need to upgrade my server from 2000 Server to use RMS HQ 1.3? Can I run HQ 1.3 with SO 1.2 while I plan the OS upgrade? Thanks, Dan Dan, XP Home or Pro (recommended) for workstations. Yes, but you will need to upgrade your server too. Windows Server 2003 or SBS 2003 only. It appears to work OK. We never recommend upgrading an OS. Do a fresh install. -- = "Dan Rishworth" <DanRishworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B2A26F-9E9B-4FDE-BBF9-36F38E78...

Index/match help #3
Hi all, going by the example for looking up in a range that isn' sorted in excel help, I get the following examle =INDEX(A2:B5,MATCH("Pears",A2:A5,0),2) It's says that the match statement returns the row id. Is it possibl to replace the column id in the above example so that I can use a matc statement to return a column id as well. I have a table that has severa possible values in different columns. Cheers Sha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

is "Update Rollup 2 " the latest update for CRM 3.0?
Hi All, I am about to update our CRM 3.0.5300.0 with Update Rollup 2. But, is the Update Rollup 2 the latest update for CRM? Anything else I should download and install, now when I have the service window reserved? Thanx in advance, regards, Zoran On Nov 13, 9:30 am, "Zoran" <MSn...@pantic.dk> wrote: > Hi All, > > I am about to update our CRM 3.0.5300.0 with Update Rollup 2. > > But, is the Update Rollup 2 the latest update for CRM? Anything else I > should download and install, now when I have the service window reserved? > > Thanx in a...

hiding rows #3
Hello, I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding rows that contains no data ? Thanks K You can hide blank rows using Autofilter but that would not be "automatic". Automatic usually means VBA. Do you want to go that route? On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:48:43 +0100, "dido22" <nospam@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding >rows that contains no data ? > >Thanks > >K Too fast on the trigger<g> Give us an idea of what you wa...

Hiding rows #3
Hello, Is there any way you can hide and unhide rows by using +/- on the lef hand side of the screen? Thanks - cj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think you are referring to Grouping. Select the rows you want to hide and then go to the Tools Menu > Group and Outline > Group. This will show the grouping toolbar on the left of your screen with the +- buttons to hide and unhide the selected rows Regard Rowan I'm using excel 2002 and can't find that option available to me. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Check out on the men...

Force 3 digit number
How can I force a number to be 3 digits? If someone enters a 1 can I have Access store 001. -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: > How can I force a number to be 3 digits? If someone enters a 1 can I > have Access store 001. You can use a text field. Remember that 001 is not a number the number is 1, You can display it as 001 or you can call it text and save it as 001 but then you can't add 001 + 001 and get 002 you would bet 001001 . :-) -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

copy #3
How can i copy difference cells from one worksheet to the next worksheet the date is in cell a1. i have about ten worksheet that the infomation coming from it must place in order in the next worksheet by date in order of date If your data is in rows, then copy each row to the destination sheet without regard to the date. Once the copying is complete, sort by column A to put the rows in order. -- Gary''s Student "lloyd_scotland2005@yahoo.com" wrote: > How can i copy difference cells from one worksheet to the next > worksheet the date is in cell a1. i have about t...

Outlook Express 6 #3
I can't reply to an e-mail. It comes up with a message 'recipient was rejected by the server - error 550'. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks Daniel ...

How do I restrict my search only to this forum ?
Apology. This question is not related to MS project. ====================================== How do I restrict my search only to this forum ? As stated below, although I restrict my search only to this forum, still the search is extended beyond this forum. Could you help ? Search For: <key word> In: <Microsoft Project General Questions > [go] Thanks KS Hi KS, Try a google groups search: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.project/topics I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/...

RMS 3.0 #2
i upgraded my service plan last year same time becuase they said rms 3.0 is releasing soon. Should i pay the fee becuase it didn't get me anything. any suggestions? Also rms 2.0 didn't do much except some button in po's and created more problems. i dont think they will be releasing 3.0 anytime soon anyway. Tough call I have heard from a partner that the 3.0 wont be out until endo 2009 but most likely 1st qtr 2010... Dynamics pos is the next release then RMS 3.0...thats on the rumor mill.. take it with a grain of salt. "manoj" wrote: > i upgraded my...