Scheduling Meeting Rooms...

I have heard that there is a way to schedule meeting
rooms using Outlook. Can anyone point to a Knowledgebase
article or some other example of how to do this?

Do you use the Exchange Server at work? If so, what
version?
What version of Outlook does EVERYONE use? Is
it a mix or is everyone on the same version?

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Mike Curtis" <michael.curtis@zf-group.com> wrote in message
I have heard that there is a way to schedule meeting
rooms using Outlook. Can anyone point to a Knowledgebase
article or some other example of how to do this?

Moving Room Resources in Exchange 2007
We were doing tests moving mailboxes and resources from one storage group to another and it seems like everything went well until we created a meeting and tried to invite a room. The rooms were no loger viewable. The rooms only show up as users not rooms anymore. The icon even changes to a user icon not a room icon after the move. There does not seem to be a way to change it back to a room resouce so this will be a scary thing once we go to production. No matter how many time we reproduce scenario the outcome is always the same. Thanks It seems like I remember a "convert' type...

Public Folders
User is reporting problem when reserving the conference room via Outlook has a Problem. The problem user is reporting is she can see conference rooms that are open and they let her go through the process or reserving one but then user gets an email back in a few minutes saying user was declined and could not reserve the room. I feel there is a problem with the conference rooms not showing correct scheduling. How can I fix this scheduling problem? ...

Meeting tracking info shows "none".
Environment: All Windows 2003 (server), Exchange 2003, XP, and Office 2003 (latest service packs and updates for all). We have a user that isn't seeing any response information under the tracking tab of a meeting they've created. It just says "none" and never updates, even though several users had already accepted. The problem still happens on other PC's where i create his profile. If i create my own profile on any of these same PC's, it works fine. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. Is your client OPENING the responses that he receives? Does your client ha...

vacation schedule
I have about 60 people who can take vacation days based on their starting dates. Consequently, each one is different. I'd like to see days available, starting what date, days taken, days remaining. Preferably a bar chart. Anyone already done this? Thanks, v.fryfogle v fryfogle, I am looking into your problem, I could use some help. Like what is the most vacation available. Four weeks of 40 hours, five weeks of 40 hours.... This would be equal to twenty single days or twenty-five single days. Thanx FloMM2 "v fryfogle" wrote: > I have about 60 people who can t...

Rule for meeting appointments / invitations?
Here's a new one on me. I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my first at a managerial level. So, moving on up. The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent to my boss, a DG. And they're turning out to be quite a few. Since they're just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set up a rule so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder. Also, would like my own meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet another folder. But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule ...

meeting resources with Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000
Hi- I'm curious how you set up resources with outlook 2000 and exchange 5.5 for things like meeting requests. We have some conference rooms and training rooms and need to have them show up in the calendar with the Free/Busy when they are added or removed from a request. What is the best way to set this up? Thanks! DH There's a KB somewhere on it, but I'll be durned if I can find it when I need it. Here's the $025 solution (from memory <shudder>). Set up a profile in Outlook for the MB, open the MB. Go to Tools, Options, Calendar options, resource schedulin...

Is there a way to change the meeting organizer in Outlook
Hi, I wanted to know if there is any way I could change the owner of a recurring meeting to other user. The issue arised when the project team organizer changed roles with other team member. I am trying to finding a way out instead of deleting all those meetings and recreating it again. Thanks all in advance. IK ...

Warning on busy conference rooms
We are running Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. We have a public folder set up with a calendar for our conference room. People can reserve the conference room and see if others have reserved it. This is working fine except for one problem: if someone checks "all day event", their name shows up at the top of the list, and it's easy for others to miss it. Furthermore, if someone else puts in a reservation for a part of the day, they get no warning that the conference room was already reserved all day. This occurs even if both entries list the conference room a...

Windows 2008 Schedules task problem
Everyone, I am using excel macro to extract the data from web query. To automate this, I have created one vb.net windows application to execute the macro. And I have created in a schedules task to execute in hourly basis. This is working fine in windows 2003 with Excel 2003. After upgrading to Windows 2008 Enterprise SP2 with Excel 2010, I have some problems. 1) The scheduled task is started and not fired the excel macro when I choose the option 'Run whether the user is logged on or not' 2) The user has the Administrator privileges 3) The excel macro, VB.Net EXE has the...

if meet critertia then countif(a1:a10, between dates)
I hv a table of info Col A = location Col B = Due Dates if meet location, then count the number of due dates that fall in Oct or nov etc.... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="location"),--(COUNTIF(b1:b10,DATEDIF("2005/10/1","2005/10/31","yd")))) Col A Col B Location Due Dates USA 10/10/05 Canada 5/1/06 UK 31/12/05 Canada 2/1/06 S. America 30/10/05 Result: oct 05 nov 05 dec 05 jan 06 canada 0 0 ...

Differences between Tasks and Reminder/Meetings
Hi, from the moment I started using Outlook I have used the Calendar to store my personal activities (i.e. "backup", a reminder which repeats monthly). However, I read that tasks are more suitable for personal activities. What's the difference between tasks and reminders/meetings? How do you use them? Thanks which version do you have? -- Here are some tips about how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are various articles about using Outlook here: www.judygleeson.com/articles.aspx Ca...

Re: Meeting Request Responses
From Microsoft Office Online: IMI Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. From Outlook, there no direct way to print the response status... This is reason we to produce this unique tools. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information for meeting items from any Appointment folder in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x or/and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 b.. Obtain information for Meting Request items from any Outlook Appointm...

Scheduled Active Directory Synchronization doesn't work
We have some troubles with scheduled AD synchronization with MOPS 2007. This error was appeared without visible reason. We have the following error in Application log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Office SharePoint Server Event Category: Project Server Active Directory Synchronization Event ID: 7715 Date: 22.01.2010 Time: 7:15:01 User: N/A Computer: SHHARA Description: Standard Information: PSI Entry Point: Project User: DOMAIN\runsql1service Correlation Id: d5ddd59b-b0d7-40a5-bb1c-7839c26608ea PWA Site URL: https://sh1.xxx.com/PWA SSP Name: SharedServices1 PSError...

Weekly schedule
Is there any way to change the weekly schedule from Sunday - Saturday to Monday - Sunday. I wish! It would be great if my week could be set to Friday-Thursday. Unfortunately this cannot be done. Craig "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170106CE-B48A-40DC-827D-34590E703CF3@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the weekly schedule from Sunday - Saturday to > Monday - Sunday. Are you talking about the Crystal TimeCard report? Ed "randy" wrote: > Is there any way to change the weekly schedule from Sunday - Saturday...

OWA, access meeting types
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris ...

Rooms vs. People when creating meetings
In Outlook 2007, we've discovered that when scheduling a meeting using the Scheduling Assistant, if you add a conference room as a resource (or through "Add Rooms..."), the Suggested Times column does not include the room. In other words, i create a meeting request from my own calendar in Outlook. If i click on the Scheduling Assistant and look at the Suggested Times column, it says "1 of 1 free". That 1 would be me. If i add a room, it still says "1 of 1 free". If i add people to the meeting request, they DO show up in the Suggested Times column. ...

Inconsistent Meeting Request handling

Outlook Meeting Response going to someone else (KB 253557)
Hi there, I have been receiving a few calls regarding this issue and have followed MS Article ID: 253557 which sorts the proplem out for the individual user, or those concerned who get the meeting request in error. Here is the big question 1: How do I search all mailboxes on the exchange server (over 500) or even reduce it to a search per .EDB? This would be a great if a tool exists with the back office team @ MS!! If the tool does exist, it would it have a "Show all maiboxes that have an message entitled "Shedule + EMSInterface" with a highlight and delete feature! Que...

Master Schedule
Great Plains lacks true master schedule functionality in the manufacturing series. An items needs to have the ability to be flagged as a Master Scheduled item that will cause it to only drive demand through the Master Schedule - and not through SOP. The lack of this feature is very difficult to work around for those who forecast at a product family level and sell at detailed family member level. Ex. widget X can be blue, red, green or black. I forecast for X and sell X-Blue, X-Red, X-Green and X-Black and those do not consume the forecast for X. This can be further compounded by no...

Scheduled Bills and deposits #2
Is there a way in either MOney 2004 or Money 2006 to export and reimport the Scheduled Bills and Deposits I have set up? I think my file is corrupted beyond recovery and I may have to start over.... No. You'll have to do that by hand. -- "Don Awalt" <donawalt@removethisgmail.com> wrote in message news:O084DxynFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in either MOney 2004 or Money 2006 to export and reimport > the Scheduled Bills and Deposits I have set up? I think my file is > corrupted beyond recovery and I may have to start over.... > >...

can accepting a meeting for one participant delete another
can accepting a meeting for one participant delete another ...

Scheduling engine error
A customer of ours resently encountered a strange problem with the scheduling engine. She changed and added a time off period to an employe, which resulted in a complete breakdown of the scheduling engine for a specifik week (the one with the conflict). The only resolution for the problem was deleting the actual records from the SQL database.... Does anyone have similar experiences ?? -- Per Baggesen NextUs A/S hi Per I have similar issues , could you please advice me what you did to fix it. I get scheduling engine failed error when trying to schedule a new service activity. my email...

Is it possible to schedule a publish to web in Publisher?
I want to insert a date field in my website. The date does not update unless I open the .pub files and publish to web everyday. Is is possible to schedule an automatic publish to web? Don, Do a google search for javascript and dates. However, almost every computer in the world (at least those running Windows) has the date on their computer. Why clutter up a web site with unneeded info? Mike Don wrote: > I want to insert a date field in my website. The date does not update unless > I open the .pub files and publish to web everyday. Is is possible to schedule > an automatic p...

Empty Public Folder on Schedule
Is there a way to schedule all items in a public folder be deleted once (or twice) a day? Thank you On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:08:09 -0800, "Todd" <todd@nospamit.net> wrote: >Is there a way to schedule all items in a public folder be deleted once (or >twice) a day? >Thank you > > Any reason why it wants to be done twice a day? Simply setting 1 day on the age limit will purge out on a daily basis. I'd have to dig out an answer to do this more regularly. ...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...