Saving user account settings to a network folder

I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network
folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail
account set up in it. However, the customized signature
and other program settings are not saved in this file
(outlook.pst).

Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the
newtork as well (another file)?????

jeidson (1)

Hi Jonathan

I recently had to upgrade from Ex5.5 to Ex2k and the only way I could do
this was to export all the user data to a pst file and import it in to Ex2K.
The only draw back was that all the things such as rules, sigs etc are lost
in the process.  I would suggest that you look at the article (316886) on
the Microsoft web site about upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to 2K as this
explains this in more detail.

Chris

"Jonathan" <jeidson@portageville.k12.mo.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network
> folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail
> account set up in it. However, the customized signature
> and other program settings are not saved in this file
> (outlook.pst).
>
> Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the
> newtork as well (another file)?????
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hello Jonathan,

informations like signature, categories are local settings in Outlook. Also
the emailaccounts.

Where does Outlook store his information?:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook pst file with several users: Public OutLook

0
ovukovics (53)

Outlook 2003 -- miscellaneous issues, mainly with Offline Folders
Outlook 2003 seems to really dislike Offline folder synchronization if a user receives any virus infected emails (ie. if something has NetSky in it) -- is there a way to prevent the synchs from erroring? They use NAV for Exchange and it should be protecting them so I don't think that's a concern. ...

Urgent, Default setting for tab Outlook Synchronization in CRM ser
Hi, Anyone can help me? I forgot the default setting in Outlook Synchronization tab, one parameter is Check for promoted e-mail every ? minutes; another is minimum time (in minutes). I changed it and caused bad performance and I need to restore back. Thanks ...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

Sync of folders between WLM and Hotmail
I have folders in WLM that do not appear in Hotmail. Does it make a difference where I created them (WLM or Hotmail)? An e-mail in a WLM folder appears in my Inbox folder in Hotmail. How do I synchronize my folders? Is your Hotmail account(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) set up as an = http or pop3 account (Right click account in the left hand pane/Properties/Server tab) If Pop3, folders created in WLM are present only in WLM and folders = created in Hotmail web UI are only present in the web UI If http, folders created in one place are present in both after = synchroniza...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

Document not saved #5
I am trying to save a spreadsheet. Everythgin seems fine excpet for the message "Document not saved" Why is it telling me this and how can I save my work? I have tried saving it to different places and I still get the same message. Hi John, SYMPTOMS When you attempt to save a workbook, you may receive the following error message: Document Not Saved CAUSE This problem may occur when the following conditions are true: The workbook was created from a template that contained an embedded object. -and- You have inserted a worksheet into your workbook from...

Sub Folders
Hi Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, also to loop until no sub folder is found. C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. Create Post array Post(0) = Sundays Post Post(1) = Mondays Post Post(2) = Tuesdays Post something like this, can you help? regards Ron On 24/11/2009 09:52, LondonLad wrote: > Hi > Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, > also to loop until no sub folder is found. > > C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. > ...

Saving a calculated field
First, yes I have read the threads on storing a calculated field and that it is bad mojo to do that. However, I have pay data that I calculate and input to a database and it must be able to be reconciled with our ADP data. So I need the ability to change and fix the data so it does not change as a result of recalculations. I have a form with a field that calculates the pay based on hours and pay rate. I have another field (the "copy" field) next to that one that has the control source set to the database field. I have set the default value of that field to be equal to the...

Cannot set menu in MFC ActiveX control
I am dynamically creating a CMenu object and trying to assign it to my ActiveX control. Windows balks and gives me a 1436 error, something to effect that a child window cannot have a menu. It is not a child window, it is the instance of COleControl, the top level window. (I verified this by inspecting m_parentHwnd.) I am trying to assign the menu within the OnCreate event at which time the control has a valid handle, and have tried it before and after the call to the parent OnCreate. Does anyone know the magic words to make this work? Thanks On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:02 -0500, Duane A. C...

Login user from Service
Hi, I am trying to get the Login User ID from the service. I used GetUserName, which gives me "System" as user name. Please let me know if there is any other way to get the correct login user ID. Regards, Subhash "Subhash Badri" <subhash.badri@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:c4ugpt$hjs$1@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to get the Login User ID from the service. > I used GetUserName, which gives me "System" as user name. > Please let me know if there is any other way to get the correct login user > ID. > > R...

Outlook options not showing up for user
I am in the process of training and testing with our CRM 3.0. I have installed either the laptop client or the desktop client on the user's machines. For training purposes I have also installed CRM on our training room pc's. I set the user's Outlook for that particular pc and then installed CRM with the user logged on, but I ran the installation under run as. The installation seemed to go fine, yet the user's cannot see and folders or menu when they launch their Outlook. The can get to it in the web environment though. Any ideas on why this has happened and what I can d...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

can i have more sender in outlook setting ?
i using win server 2003 , exchange 2003 , i using exchange client in outlook to send & receive , but my boss have more than one mail address , can i use another AD mail address for send out mail , i have try to add a pop3 , the sender also is computer user thank your ...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

"Move to folder" icons unlabeled
Using the "Move to Folder" command, the icons displayed are missing their names/labels. I've used this feature for years, but I just purchased a new copy/license of Outlook and installed it on a new PC with Windows 7.0, and it is giving this problem. Nothing happens if I right-click the icons displayed, and I've searched in vain for help in the MS support forums as well as the Microsoft site. Thanks in advance for your solution(s)!! ...

Forcing Input as Uppercase on User Form
Hi can any one advise me how to amend the following code to ensure :- (a) only two letters are input (b) they are converted to upper case (c) how do you centre the text in a message box header as I have use spaces to achieve this Code used inputVal = TextBox1 Do Until ActiveCell = inputVal ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select If ActiveCell = "" Then MsgBox ("Sorry Not Found - Please Input the first two letter only e.g. RG ") ", vbInformation, " Warning !! " Unload UserForm1 UserForm1.Show End Else End If Loop Excel v...

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

selectively download folders from isp
I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I have mulitple folders on that account. I was wondering if there was a way to only download what is in my yahoo inbox and not in my yahoo bulk folder. Hi Moose I you take a look at your preferences in yahoo mail - http://mail.yahoo.com you have the option to send bulk mail to your pop3 client. As easy as that. Chris "MOOSE" <MOOSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA4254F-0DB3-47BD-AC3F-D34AFD4ADEC5@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I hav...

Networking Oddity
Put simply, I have an overly-elaborate home network. Devices are Beauty (i7-920,win 7 ultimate), Beast (i7-920, win xp), File Server (celeron, win xp), HTPC (q6600, win xp mce), 2 Iomega 1gB media drives, 2 networked printers, and occasionally a notebook (win vista home). All are connected through an 8-port Gigabit switch and from there to the internet through a netgear router and then an AT&T U-verse gateway. Since internet access in and out work fine on all computers we can probably safely forget about the router portions. All computers are using Windows Firewall. All of th...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Deleting Folders
Hi, I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how? Appreciate any help. This info. is very important. In case of Exchange; Tools-> Recover Deleted Items... In case of a pst; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...