Saving News Groups

Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case
computer crashes
Thanks

"n." wrote:

> Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case
> computer crashes

Outlook is not a newsreader nor a backup application. I'm not sure exactly
what you want to save, but for starters, how about the backup software
bundled with your OS?

Follow-ups narrowed.

Thor

--
http://www.anta.net/
0

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"n." <williams.67@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case
> computer crashes
> Thanks

0
dianenws (1904)
8/9/2004 1:16:07 AM
n. <williams.67@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in
> case computer crashes

Newsgroups are not stored on your computer, they're kept on NNTP servers in
various places on the Internet.  If you lose a connection to a particular
newsgroup because of a computer crash, you just have to connect to the NNTP
server again.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Saving Graphics in Outlook 2000
I belong to a graphics group and from time to time would like to save graphics that come in email. When I right click>save picture as> I get a ..bmp option to save and would prefer to save as either a jpg or a gif. If I manually type in .gif, I loose the animation. Is it possible to save a graphic in the format that it was inserted in the email? Thanks for the help. I have exactly the same problem with Outlook. AND deleting the "ofline content" does not work at all. Can anyone help on this one. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from htt...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Saving
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? Thanks, John Which version? On 9/05/08 4:41 AM, in article ee9ae38.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Full_Bloom@officeformac.com" <Full_Bloom@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole > powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? > Thanks, > John -- ...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Which files to save to save the whole OS design?
Hi, I am not sure which files I need to save to be able to rebuild the whole OS design later or on another PC. I read that I don't need to save everything in my OS design folder. But is the solution file and the *.pbxml enough? Thank you for any help Martin Yes.Only .sln and .pbxml files are enough to rebuild your OSDesign folder in another PC. If you have any subprojects created on it then you need to backup the whole subproject folder. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "Martin M" <MartinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formula...
how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without allowing user changes Do you mean you want to be able to reference these cells in lookup formulas contained in other cells? If so, leaving these cells locked (Format | Cells | Protection), and then Protecting the Sheet (from teh Tools Menu) should be enough. You may want to make sure you have Select Locked and Select Unlocked Cells Checked, if a list of Protection Options pops up (Excel 2002 and later). tj "quander" wrote: > how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without > allo...

2008 group MIA?
I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a message I posted to it asking for confirmation has not appeared... (I.e. message headers, when opened, result in entirely unrelated messages appearing.) No other problems with other groups in the same client and mailstore. I just made a new test post to see if shows up.. In the mean time are you having an SBS problem or just wanting raise the alert of possible problems with sbs2008? Bill Sanderson wrote: > I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a > message I posted ...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

save to sub folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel As previous PC user my documents are organized in several layers of folder (folder - sub folder - sub sub folder, etc) When I tried to save email atachement I can only get into the main folder (can not get into sub folder or sub sub folder). Same problem occur when I create a new file (excel, word or PW) when I do 'save as' I can not chose the specific folder that I want to. Any advice? Many thanks Paulina Welcome to the Mac! This is actually an Apple thing, not an Office thing, so remember it--you might run ...

Recovery Storage Group: Invalid DN Syntax Error on names with comm
I have sucessfully created and mounted an RSG on my Exchange 2003 SP1 server. My problem is when i right click any mailbox in the RSG from the ESM that's name contains a comma (Kleinpeter, Rob) i get error: An Invalid dn syntax has been specified. Facility: LDAP Providor ID no: 80072032 Exchange System Manager This does not happen in the live database or in the RGS with names that do not contain commas. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. RK "Rob Kleinpeter" <RobKleinpeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<BD474C10-309D-423A-8736-1759...

Saving data to Jpeg or gif
I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. I have tried copying the data and pasting into "Paint" and then saving as an image. This works...but some data disappears in the strangest way. Very strange. All of the data gets copied but some is missing when you look at the image. Does anybody know a simple way to save Excel data as an image ? Thanks, Grinch Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images: http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm Grinch wrote: > I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. ...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...