Saving email attachments

Receive the following error message when selecting File,
Save Attachments on an email with several files attached:

File name is not valid
0
anonymous (74722)

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Signature will not save in Outlook
Please help! Signature will not save when I close Outlook and return. Any help would be great! Thanks ...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

HTML emails
Hello, I want to send some HTML emails from Outlook 2003. I created an HTML page, with very clean HTML code and CSS in the <head> to control the formatting. The company logo is held on the website and I have an absolute link to it. Ideally I would like this page to become some stationary, so in the Stationary Picker I selected this HTML file to use as a template. However Outlook overrides my styles with <font> tags and adds other bits of HTML to what was a nice clean piece of code. Is there anyway to stop Outlook doing this? Thanks Vix Vix <user@example.net> wrote:...

Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template
I am using excel 2003. Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - xlt. To create a document I just do new -> blank document. How can i fix this? thanks Tools>Options>Transition. Save Excel Files As. Change to MS Excel Workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:54:26 -0600, "Greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote: >I am using excel 2003. >Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - >xlt. >To create a document I just do new -> blank document. > >How...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

Help
The deal: On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. S...

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...

Can't view jpg attachments
All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook 2000. I have reinstalled Outlook, but with no change. If you can solve this problem, I'll dance at your wedding. Harlan HH <hhhague@comcast.net> wrote: > All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook > 2000. What happens when you try? Use Windows Explorer's Tools>Folder Options menu to reestablish the association between JPEG files and whatever application you want to use to open them. -- Brian Tillman I have just discovered that I can look at attachment in a rou...

How to save the value in the CEdit control to a text file?
Im generating a random number to the CEdit control and now i want t save all of this value to a text file. I dont know to code it in the way of MFC. I hope whose know it can send me the soding cause im running out the time to do my project thanks You can use GetWindowText to get its contents and then use CStdioFile class to write the text. MSDN has enough documentation on this. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "TLee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F730B5D6-85F7-45D9-80D9-C43598FA47B6@microsoft.com... | Im generating a random numbe...

Is a mail having an attachment
I want to create a report based on the log file located at \Excsrver\Tracking.log in MS Exchange Server 5.5. Using the log file, how will I know that a mail was having an attachment or not ? ...