Saving e-mails on server

I am having a problem with my e-mails being saved on the
server of my internet provider.  When that file is full,
I do not receive any e-mails.

I have gone onto providers website and deleted the 152 or
so messages.  One would think that would fix the problem,
but no soap.  I am told that my Outlook is set up to save
these messages to the server?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
0
dogfan99 (1)

Or if you really do want them on the server because you check your email from multiple PCs, just
leave the box checked but then check one of the other boxes for Delete after XX days or Delete when
you delete the message locally...

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:14:24 GMT, "Carl B." <carlbane@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Dennis,
>
>In Outlook, go under Tools/Services and look at the Properties of your POP
>email account.  Check under the Advanced tab and see if "leave message on
>server" is checked.  If so, unselect it and the messages will be deleted
>from the server once they are delivered.
>
>Carl
>
>"Dennis" <dogfan99@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I am having a problem with my e-mails being saved on the
>> server of my internet provider.  When that file is full,
>> I do not receive any e-mails.
>>
>> I have gone onto providers website and deleted the 152 or
>> so messages.  One would think that would fix the problem,
>> but no soap.  I am told that my Outlook is set up to save
>> these messages to the server?
>>
>> Any thoughts or suggestions?

0
ladeeda (77)

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

Exchange Server 5.5 #6
I have an old exchange server 5.5 that I need to start up to retrieve some old emails. How can I start this server up without interfearing with my new email server? I tried starting the processes up with the server disconnected from the network but they will not start up. Any suggestion on how I can get back into this old email server. Thanks! Will was the server removed from your site/org? if so, it should be OK to bring it up... "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb401c4ac74$529ea910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an old exchan...

How to enable auto mail for AD password expiration
Hi All, Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto mail to that perticular user that your password will expiring in 5 days or so. Anyone can help me please. Thanking you. Yours truly, Vicky On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:52:52 +0530, "Vikram Samnt" <vicky_samant@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user >password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto >mail to that perticular us...

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

Looking for a consultant Expert on Exchange server
We are looking for a consultant who has extensive knowledge on Exchange 2003 and DNS Server configuratin can visit our loaction in here in DC. thanks Sunu On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:26:02 -0700, Sunu <Sunu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are looking for a consultant who has extensive knowledge on Exchange 2003 >and DNS Server configuratin can visit our loaction in here in DC. > >thanks >Sunu You pay my air fare from London and put me up in the Hilton and I'm there, otherwise you would probably want to contact somewhere slightly more local! DC area, hit me offl...

Hotsyncing Entourage X with Palm Tungsten E
Does anyone know whether it's possible to hotsync Entourage X for Mac OS X.2 with the Palm Tungsten E, which runs Palm Desktop software OS 4.1? I'm currently using an older Palm handheld, which hotsyncs fine with Entourage X. The Microsoft website description of the MS Handheld Synchronization Software says that it works only with 4.0. I'm not sure whether Microsoft considers 4.1 the same version or an entirely different one. (Since all new Palms run either OS 4.1 or 5.0, I'm hoping that I'm OK.) Thanks! I'm eager to buy the Tungsten E to replace my old Palm, but I...

can i recover documents not recently saved after a crash?
computer just restarted itselt in the middle of doing a visio drawing. after restart it's not recovered anything! is it possible to get back? ...

After resetting router, I cannot receive e-mail from the outside.
I have a situation that requires some knowledge that I do not have. I had a router that I could not get into because the password was lost. I had some exchange server issues (SMTP) and went to look at the router, but could not get in. So ... I just restarted the router and my problem went away. But I felt that I should reset the router, at some point, so that I could get into the router in the future. I waited a couple of weeks for the dust to settle and proceeded to reset the router. Everything looked okay, but now I cannot receive outside e-mail. Do I need to open a port up in t...

Retrieving deleted e-mails
Hello, A former employee deleted their e-mails before they left. Is there any way to retrieve these e-mails? Thanks for your time! Debbie In the future just a suggestion put all users PST files on the network drive and back them up nightly. The only thing to do is look in the deleted folder if its not there it is likely gone. If its really important you can try your system admin that runs the email server to see if they have anything cached. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >A former employee deleted their e-mails before they >left. Is there any way to retrieve...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold)
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

junk e-mail not detected
Do I need to do something special to turn on the junk mail option. I have it set to "high" and have added several domains to the block sender section. None of the e-mails I receive from these domains are block. What's your mail setup? Exchange? Cached Exchange? IMAP? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006b01c3bf4d$b81d49a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Do I need to do something special to tu...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

Need a "save & close" button directly on spreadsheet
I need a button which, when clicked, will do a "Save" and close the file, exactly as if you'd clicked "Save" in the File menu. The thing is, this needs to be a button directly on the spreadsheet, next to some other buttons I have on there that run macros, NOT a button on a toolbar. Is there a macro that will do this that I can connect to a button? Thanks, Ron M. Here you go: Sub SaveAndClose() ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End Sub ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ron M." <rmorgan7@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:113...

outlook e-mail #3
messages in my inbox disappear after i read them. where can i retrieve them Check your view. View, Current view, and make sure it's not set to unread messages. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c3e44e$8edc7360$a301280a@phx.gbl... > messages in my inbox disappear after i read them. where > can i retrieve them <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

online price server
When Upgrading my portfolio prices I have started to receive the message <yellow!> your last call encountered an error 01/02/2004 10.29 <Red!> Money was unable to connect to online prices server. Please check your internet connection and tery the operation again. I have changed nothing for months. And as i have a BB connection I am confused as to how I can work out what is wrong. I am running Money 2004. Many thanks, Phil In microsoft.public.money, Phil E wrote: >When Upgrading my portfolio prices I have started to receive the message > ><yellow!> your last ...

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient
I have a user who occassionally get the following when she tries to send an email: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients The following recipient(s) could not be reached: LastName, FirstName on 5/3/2010 11:02 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. There were three users in the To field and she got this for all three; the From field was empty. I checked TechNet and found some information, but none of it seems to apply to her: all three recipients are in the same domain as the sender and on the same Exchange mail...

auto track outlook mails in crm 4.0
Hi all, In order to auto track outlook emails in crm 4.0, I have done followings but it does not working, can anyone help me pls?. Thanks. CRM-> Settings -> Adminstration -> Users Select the specific user and under the general tab (which whould be the default tab shown) there is a section called E-Mail Access Configuration. Select the incoming to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. If you would like CRM to send email outgoing, you can do so under the outgoing property but for my setup, we leave it at None. Now, go into the dropdown option in Outlook Outlook -> CRM -> Opt...

How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise
How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise Edition? Thanks, TNA in the application event log, each time the IS starts up, there will be an event generated - 1216 denotes Standard Edition...1217 denotes Enterprise Edition... "TNA" <TNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0359A466-C4BA-4FAF-AAA2-24C1F9ACA899@microsoft.com... > How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise Edition? > > Thanks, > TNA ...

cannot send e-mails using windows mail
I cannot send e-mails using my Windows e-mail. I think I have probably set it up incorrectly. How can I reset it so that I can use it? Thanks Glenn What happens when you try? Any error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "glenn" <glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0CE029-59E6-48E0-AF1F-6847C8D8B83A@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e-mai...

you cant save a dying terminally ill dog
I say lets put vista to sleep to end its suffering On May 1, 12:01=A0pm, "Mr Baracuda" <barac...@slim.ws> wrote: > I say lets put vista to sleep to end its suffering ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------------- Go ahead and start without me. I'm perfectly happy with Vista. Bill >I'm perfectly happy with Vista. bill is your last name gates? "vista bill" <billsrrempire@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d8069c6a-8cb1-430f-ae91-ff132edb327c@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... >...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

junk mail list of sender
I saw MS updating office2003 outlook with a better junk filter and was wandering if if they are doing the same to office 2000 or XP. Office 2003 has a feature to export or import email addresses of junk mail senders and was wandering if office 2000 has the same feature or if anybody know the name of the file that Microsoft designated when you add junk mail sender in office 2000. JM Jose Matus <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I saw MS updating office2003 outlook with a better junk > filter and was wandering if if they are doing the same to > office 2000 or...

Outlook E-Mail #4
When logging into either Outlook, or Outlook Express I get the following message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'xxxxxx', Server: 'pop.xxxxx.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" What is the cause & cure? ...