I'm upgrading from NT4 to XP Home and the only data I need
to keep are the emails & attachments. I have to format the
hard drive to eliminate the partitions. This machine is on
a network and I can save to the other machune.
0
mike5341 (1)

Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of
Outlook data:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Mike" <mike@hosemart.com.au> wrote in message
> I'm upgrading from NT4 to XP Home and the only data I need
> to keep are the emails & attachments. I have to format the
> hard drive to eliminate the partitions. This machine is on
> a network and I can save to the other machune.

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

junk mail #6
I'd like to copy the "junk mail folder" e-mail addresses to another folder outside of outlook. Is there a way to export all the e-mail addresses in the "junk mail folder", or Are these addresses kept in a folder in some Microsoft Office directory that can be accessed. ...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

when i upgraded my files disapeared
i was using the beta for office 2003 and it expired on november30. i went out and bought 2003pro and tried to install it. the beta said that it needed to be uninstalled before i could install the full version. the beta didnt let me back up any information and when i uninstalled it it took all of its info and settings with it. i lost all contacts emails and settings. is there any i can get those back? >the beta said that it needed to be >uninstalled before i could install the full version. the >beta didnt let me back up any information and when i >uninstalled it it took all ...

Unwanted automatic attachment
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2002. Lately, whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook automatically attaches copies of the .gif bullet points included in my stationary ("Modular"). The bullet points don't show up in the "Attachments" line of the message before its sent, so I can't delete them. They only show up if I send the message to myself, or if someone replies to my message. I've deleted the bullet points from the Word clipart files, but they still show up. I've also changed my signature, after seeing posted advice concerning the automatic attachme...

Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into OL2007. Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. I spent 4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are messages that aren't coming to OL2007. The send/receive is just hanging up. Any help is appreciated. You should not change any windows files on the advice of att. Startup files have nothing to do with Outlook. You must have an error in your account or c...

OL03 and Exch 03 with Mail Marshal
Does anyone know if Mail Marshal (or other filtering s/ware) can add the SCL Rating or another marker to emails so that Outlook 03 can automatically put them into the junk mail folder? If so, can the Junk mail settings in Outlook be set by Group Policy or do they need to be pre-done when we upgrade the PC's? cheers Martin ...

Attachment Workflow
Hi, Is it possible to setup a workflow in CRM that can notify when a file attachment name is changed (anywhere in CRM) or an attachment file is removed or re-uploaded? Please advise. Shikhar Workflows wont work but you can try a plugin. Annotation has the normal create/update/delete and two special removbinarydata and uploadfrombase64data messages which are used for these action. Asfar as I can tell you can attach plugin steps to these messages. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/T...

Another unclear e-learning question
Hi! The question is: "If you were creating a culture of your own using the CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder class, which value would you set for the CultureAndRegionModifiers parameter ?" 1. None 2. Neutral. 3. Replacement In this question it's not quite clear if the question mean if a new culture from scratch should be created or if an existing culture should be changed. If the question mean that a competely new culture from scratch than alternative 1 or 2 should be used. Alternative 1 for a neutral culture and 2 for a specific culture. If the question mean...

Incoming mails from another external domain are lost
Hi, I have a Exchange Front-End & Back-End combination. Front-End Server also has SMTP Relay server and Intelligent Message Filtering. Front-end server is in a DMZ Zone. I have a pix firewall. I got a peculiar problem. One user has complained me saying he has not received a email sent from another company (external domain say xyz.com). I have checked the server logs and the filtered spam emails. I could not see any email from xyz.com in the server logs. Also the sender from xyz.com did not receive any NDR for this mail also. Can anybody help me on this? Regards Ganapathy Is the...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

Question on Attachment
I want Attachment field below Subject field When i attach any file or folder the attachment should shown below subject as a seprate field like subject or Bcc Which version of OL are you using? This works in OL2000. Try changing the message format from "Rich Text" to "HTML" or "Plain text." This works for me but not every one likes receiving HTML emails. I use strictly plain text. To get at this setting go to Tools, Options then click "Mail Format" tab. >-----Original Message----- >I want Attachment field below Subject field > >When ...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

OE6 Upgrade
Hello: I am using Microsoft's Windows XP (SP3) platform and Outlook Express 6 (OE6) is my main email application. Recently I installed Internet Explorer 8 and so I am wondering if OE6 has a corresponding upgrade to say OE7 or OE8. * Can Outlook Express 6 (OE6) be upgraded to say Outlook Express 7 or 8 ? * If this upgrade is possible; I am interested in how to do it ? * Can Microsoft Outlook client work as a stand alone application or do I need the Server also ? I like OE6 but I need to be able to add audio alarms (using message rules) when certain emails arriv...

mail merger in excel
Hi everyone, Can anyone help me in creating mail merger type of application in Excel... its important. I want to select one record (may be by drop down form) and values associated with that record should automatically be transferred to the fields. Example. if i have engine then i will select the engine name and all parameters will get enter in the forms. Prompt reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance gautam duplicate post ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "gautam" <gautam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3887B867-A614-478F-BA...

Mail Merge in browser
Hi, In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts, but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email. Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put both features in the browser as in the SFO-client? Greetz, MattijsW Hi! There is no possibility to directly make a MailMerge out of the browse. The...

Mail merge problem #3
Running Publisher 2003, Word 2003 I have a Word document -- with an Avery label format -- containing my mailing list. When trying to mail merge with the wizard, it errors out saying; "Some of the field names in this data source are blank or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets, or exclamation points. Change these field names before you import data from this data source." I've cleared out all the punctuation, etc. marks that are there and cleared out any blank "Labels". I'm still getting this error. What's up? Will I be able to make...

Can I Save My Relationship
What if you could recapture your ex lovers mind, heart and soul?...Wipe the slate clean? Turn back time? Even if you feel right now that your situation is too far gone=85too screwed up =85or just plain too darn complicated? You already know how hard it is to just even wake up and roll out of bed in the morning. You leave your radio off on your way to work because every song is a painful reminder of him. You can't even bear to eat at the same restaurants you took her to. And if that isn't bad enough, you have to cope with the loss of friends and family that are on their side. Did you...

How do I remove attachments for CC and BCC recipients?
I would like to know how to send emails containing attachments where the TO recipients get the attachments and the CC and BCC recipients do not. Thanks for any information. Vicky Sandvig You can't. You'll have to send separately to the people who need the attachments and the people who don't. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:13ec01c39ca6$ea555170$3101280a@phx.gbl, Vicky Sandvig wrote: > I would like to know how to send...

Web Links in HTHL Mails
Hi all, Trying to sort a problem on one of our users PCs. Outlook 2000 running on XP. I can send him web links and they open fine. But when the link is contained in an HTML type mail it just ignores the click. Web browsing otherwise works fine and I can manually open the page that the link is pointing to on his machine. I'm sure it must be a security setting somewhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Many thanks Graeme ...

displaying attachment as an icon
Hi there When I send an email, I would like the attachment that is being sent to be displayed as an icon. At the moment, it is being displayed in the attachment field. It used to do this and for some reason doesn't do it anymore. Can anyone help? Ivan I'm just guessing here, but have you changed or could it be the mail format that you are now using for sending mail? (HTML, Rich Text or Plain) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Eestore the In Box of Outlook e-mail page to the original formatti
I was experimenting with the "Views" settings of my In Box email page. Now I would like to restore everything back to the original settings. How can I do that? Select Customize Current View and select Reset Current View by right clicking on the From,Subject,Received line in Outlook -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Balticbeau" <Balticbeau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E78A45-1188-48D7-98A2-BAC4B90EF5A5@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Excel 2003 crashing on saving
One of the PCs in the office has a problem where it excel crashes upon saving large spreadsheets (anything above about 50mb) , however size shouldn't be an issue as that PC has 1gb of RAM. The same spreadsheet works fine on other PCs , and it happens on the problem machine no matter who's using it. Re-installing office makes no difference and smaller spreadsheets work fine. It puts an error in the event log , (ID 1000) Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.5612.0, stamp 3f39ff9d, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.5612.0, stamp 3f39ff9d, debug? 0, fault address 0x0007e7ae....

please tell me your E-mail i need your help huangzhug@21cn.com
i need your help! how to find the documents if i had deleted it? my e-mail is huangzhug@21cn.com please in chinese thankyou Not possible if you don't have a backup or can't find it in the recycle bin -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "huangzhug" <huangzhug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDCFBEAF-5647-4336-8805-ED77954D13B2@microsoft.com... >i need your help! > how to find the documents if i had deleted it? > > my e-mail is huan...