Saving copy of e-mail on server

How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my
server.  It's gettoing jammed. Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

0
david2372 (1)
5/6/2004 9:43:51 PM
What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OneNote Tips: 1note-tips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my
> server.  It's gettoing jammed. Thanks!

0
info2937 (567)

E-mail Formats and Send Address
Thank-you to whoever answered my last question, as a result of which I've gone back to the "Internet" e-mail option. I've also elected not to use RTF as my e-mail format, reverting to plain old Text. However, I would like to use Word as my e-mail editor but.... I would also like to be able to click on the down arrow by the send button to select the e-mail's from address, and..... ....the down arrow only appears when Word is turned off! I've tried the HTML option too, and the same applies. I could've sworn this worked the day before yesterday. Is there any w...

Multiple email accounts from exchange server in Outlook.
Hello, Is it possible to configure more than one email account from an exchange server? Thanks I think you can do that in OL2003 and possibly earlier. "Joao" <jotanovo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OwolqK8QGHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Is it possible to configure more than one email account from an exchange > server? To clarify what Vince said, yes with multiple mail profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be ...

Microsoft CRM Server 3.0 Deletes messages from inbox
I just upgraded from Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 Actually, the product hadn't been used, so I did an uninstall and then installed 3.0 from scratch. Now a user is complaining that all of their messages are automatically being deleted from their inbox. Sure enough whether using Outlook 2003 or OWA, as soon as a message is received, it is permanently deleted, by that I mean it isn't just moved to the deleted items folder, it can only be recoverd using the Recover Items option it Outlook 2003. I know there is an Exchange email router as part of the CRM server, but i'm not famil...

Microsoft mail #3
Somebody can help me I'm use MS Windows XP and Office XP in my computer, but i cannot find Microsoft Mail service in the Microsoft Outlook Profile. Please help me what set that i miss, so i can't find that service. Because in MS Win 98 and Office 2000 is easy to find the Microsoft Mail Service. Thanks Microsoft Mail is old, unsupported and not Y2K compliant. However, if you want to use that dinasaur, then see if this page helps: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN...

Saved Profiles for importing data multiple times
When first populating the CRM with leads, accounts, etc you have to do it multiple times to either get the right field mapping or to bring in different identifiers ( Leads, or Accounts ). It is a pain to have to redo the mappings of every field every time you run an import. This will also apply to loading campaigns and new lists once the product is operational. About the only thing good with goldmine is that is has this feature. Is it possible to add some kind of profile you can save with the fields you require already mapped ? Also, when you import with Account record type, it does no...

Loosing contact with Exchange Server.
Hi. I have a user that is loosing the connection to our exchange server while he is connected to the local network. He is running Outlook2003 with rpc over https as connection methode to our Exchange2003 server. The internet connection is ok and no other network problems. Any idea what the problem is? Dag N ...

outlook 2003 prompts me to save normal template everytime i exit outlook
hi i have just installed office 2003. i did on my second use change some views (fonts) for columns to get more info in each column. however, now every time i exit outlook,even if no changes were made to view, a prompt comes up asking if i want to save the changes i made to the normal template. any thoughts on how to stop that prompt? mark did you install anything else that adds an addin to word? like adobe acrobat... having acrobat installed causes the same annoying message all the time too. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook...

I noticed a problem during including DLL library witch was written in LabVIEW7 from DLL INPROC COM SERVER (written in Visual C++ 7.0). I use a standard routine to include library which is LoadLibrary(....) and afterward GetProcAddress(.....) to get a pointer to specified function from DLL. Handle that i got from LoadLibrary is not NULL as well as ptr to function from included DLL. But when i call this function via ptr program freezes at this line. As I have mentioned this program is DLL InPROC COM Server I have the same server in EXE LOCAL COM Server simultaneusly and this way of DLL implem...

Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator program in windows 2003
Does anyone know how I go about installing Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator program on Windows 2003? Articles talk about using this and I think I may need to use this to remove the last 5.5 server in my org as the server is now defunct (in fact melted) I cannot get any version of 5.5 to install on the 2003 server ???? I am runnign setup.exe on the Exchange 5.5 CD?? jON On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:15:12 +0100, "Jon Rowlan" <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how I go about installing Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator >program on Windows 2003? > >Art...

MS Money Not Saving Recent Transaction
Need help! I have MS Money on my computer. I usually have a CD in my computer for back up. When I take the CD out for a few days, and reload the MS Money program without the CD all transaction are lost! How is this possible? Doesn't Money save transactions? PLEASE HELP. I have lost 11 months worth of business transactions. How do i restore recent downloaded transactions, bills, any everything I have put into it? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, cjkube wrote: >Need help! I have MS Money on my computer. I usually have a CD in my computer >for back up. When I take t...

Unable to copy contacts from PST to Public folder
I recently upgraded my exchange server from 5.5 to 2003. We manually copied out all of the public folders into PST files and imported them in on the new server. I'm getting feedback from some users that there are missing contacts in their public folder contact lists. If I log into the old server, they are there and I can copy them to a PST file. When I change to the new server and try to copy them back to the public folders, I get a very vague error message "Can't move the items". I've open the contact in question in the PST and made a small change, saved and close...

Account from 2nd Exchange server not receiving email
I had exchange server mail1.domain.org. Everything has been working fine. I just installed a 2nd exchange server mail2.domain.org. What do I need to do so that accounts created on mail2 as user2@domain.org can receive emails from everywhere just like users from mail1 created as user1@domain.org have been receiving? Thanks. JKM <JKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had exchange server mail1.domain.org. Everything has been working fine. I >just installed a 2nd exchange server mail2.domain.org. What do I need to do >so that accounts created on mail2 as user2@domain.org ...

Convert mailing list from columns to rows
I have been handed a list that I need to convert and I am stumped. The worksheet contains three columns of addresses. The addresses are generally in one of three formats: Company Contact Street number and name City State Zip or Name Street number and name City State Zip or The repeat of the above with two lines for street information. As far as I can tell so far, these four are the only different formats. Some of the addresses have a comma between the city and state. One final complication, some addresses use the 5 digit zip, some use the zip+4 with a dash. Is the...

Mail check without Outlook fully open?
I want to check POP and IMAP mailboxes every 5 minutes for new mail. Outlook currently does this and puts an envelope icon in my systray when there is new mail. But, if I keep Outlook open all the time, it takes up a lot of ram (winword is left open too since it is integrated somehow into outlook) and the network backup can't ever backup the .PST file since it is always locked. Is there a way to get the exact same functionality of checking mailboxes and putting an envelope icon in the systray when there is new mail, but not having to leave outlook fully locked and open all the tim...

When I load the CRM in I.E. v6.0 my browser simply closes, with no error or warning, the window just "goes away" This happens for multiple people at our office Anyone have a solution? Disable your popup blocker/google toolbar. Search the newsgroup, and you should find many answers/solutions. Mike "Jeremy A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8572F542-70DC-4471-AFFB-2895BB12711C@microsoft.com... > When I load the CRM in I.E. v6.0 my browser simply closes, with no error or warning, the window just "goes away". > > This ...

copy value from the cell above to the cell below in a column
I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above to the cell below, all the way down the column at once. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the data into the blank cells. Ctrl-D or edit-fill-fill down, works one at a time. But there is a way of copying each employee's name to the blank cell below all at once, without doing it individually. can anyon help? thanks See answers to yo...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Deliver mails from diffrent account into diffrent folders
Hi, How can I configure Outlook ( Express or 2003) to deliver mails from diffrent POP3 account into diffrent accounts instead of [Local Folders\Inbox] ?? Thanks On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:07:18 +0330, hamid baghi wrote: > Hi, > How can I configure Outlook ( Express or 2003) to deliver mails from > diffrent POP3 account into diffrent accounts instead of [Local > Folders\Inbox] ?? > > Thanks In Outlook, at least, you can create a rule (Tools -> Rules and Alerts...) to move mail received through an account to a folder. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This post...

Administering E-mail Rules for Microsoft Exchange 5.5
I am looking for a way to control the usage of Rules by my users. Is there any way I can customize the Rules Wizard to only show certain options to the user. Specifically, I wish to disallow auto-forwarding of mail (internally and externally). The only rules I believe are required are; Moving mail to another folder Deleting mail Running scripts on mail There seems to be no way under Exchange5.5 to configure this using GPOs or indeed any other method. I can't believe I'm the only person who'd like to do this. Any ideas? Cheers Dave ...

can't save due to sharing violation
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. ...

Outlook 2003 Can't Read Hotmail
This is a strange one. I've looked in this newsgroup and did a Google search, and tried everything suggested, and it still doesn't work. As suggested, I created a profile just for Hotmail. I told it to prompt for my password. After I start Outlook and specify my password, it shows me the correct number of unread messages. When I click on the "Inbox in Hotmail" folder, it shows me all the headers. But when I select the latest e-mail, the reading pane says "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents." When I double-click the...

Server Specs
We are looking at a possible move from SAP to GP ERP. We would have a total of 125 concurrent users with no need for the business portal. Now not knowing a ton about GP, what kind of server specs should I be considering? We are going to have redundant SQL Servers attached to a SAN. Now this is what someone recommended to us. 2 Dual Core 2.2GHz or better/8GB RAM/2x73GB RAID1 for OS running Server 2003 and SQL Server 2005. SQL Server disk config RAID 1 for SQL db logfiles 2 disks Raid 10 for SQL data files 8 disks Raid 1 for temdb 2 disks Raid 0 for SQL backups full and log 2 disks That&#...

Outlook Client with NT Computer(NT 4.0 and 2000 Pro) Can't connect to server.
I have problem with Client to connect to Exchange 2000 Server. Clients with Window 98 and 2000 pro work within the same subnet, and a few with NT and 2000 Pro don't work with the different subnets, even though Outlook Web Access is working fine and network access is working properly. I figured that this is not network problem because by using UNC, Client computer can see Server computer and access to it. It is not the Account problem either. I also used an admin account. I still can't connect. It is too unprofessional to blame microsoft for this, but Microsoft didn't have ...

Multiple Domain Names on Outlook using the Exchange Server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail if either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk is used? Thanks. ...

e-mail styorage space
how do you check for storage space one has on the mail server from Microsoft Outlook on the clients end. User cannot send any e-mail User recieving error: unable to send any e-mail >-----Original Message----- >how do you check for storage space one has on the >mail server from Microsoft Outlook on the clients end. >User cannot send any e-mail >User recieving error: unable to send any e-mail > >. you had it the first part - check on server - but what type of OS on server - you need to put this information in your question, otherwise no one can give the EXACT solutio...