Saving attachments...

I have setup excel and word to open and save files to a
network drive:\my documents.  But everytime I open a word
or excel attachment from outlook and try to save it it
goes to the temporary internet folder.  I am using Office
2003.  When I open a document in word or excel and do a
save as it will automatically go to network drive:\my
documents.
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook uses the securetemp folder for attachments opened directly from
email. either save it before opening and open the saved copy or use the
place bar to select another location.

http://www.outlooktips.net/archives/20030828.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OneNote Tips: 1note-tips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have setup excel and word to open and save files to a
> network drive:\my documents.  But everytime I open a word
> or excel attachment from outlook and try to save it it
> goes to the temporary internet folder.  I am using Office
> 2003.  When I open a document in word or excel and do a
> save as it will automatically go to network drive:\my
> documents.

0
info2937 (567)
5/5/2004 1:23:00 AM
"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have setup excel and word to open and save files to a
> network drive:\my documents.  But everytime I open a word
> or excel attachment from outlook and try to save it

Use File-Save As

0
me6 (309)

Can's see any attachments at all, even though they're there
Hi, If I send an MMS from my mobile phone to my email address it should come through with one .TXT and one .JPG attachment, as I have sent this to other users and this is what they receive, which is the normal and correct format. The email I receive though in Outlook (2002 with latest updates and running XP Pro) is a blank email. There is no paper clip showing and no attachments. However what is strange is this . if I click on 'forward', then the two attachments become visible and are able to be opened. I forwarded the email to myself. Again on receipt, the email is blank w...

Saved files by accident to D recovery drive; how can I
Medion Windows home vista; saved photos/files to D drive (recovery) by accident. Medion support said too complicated to do over phone, ask someone who knows about comps. I need to retrieve only my saved files, and not interfere with recovery files on D drive. Can anyone please help? I cannot clean up or retrieve data on D drive. -- Thankyou - Lindy. On 05/08/2010 07:29 AM, Lindy dummy wrote: > Medion Windows home vista; saved photos/files to D drive (recovery) by > accident. Medion support said too complicated to do over phone, ask someone > who knows about com...

Outlook still won't save password
I've got the Outlook password problem too. I've tried all the solutions I've found so far, plus an in-place reinstall of Windows XP and Office. Nothing has worked. Regarding this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;290684 I've tried this solution and am still having this problem on two machines. Have tried everything I can think of short of a full reformat and NOT installing the Office service packs when I reload everything. The systems are running XP Pro and Office XP (Outlook 2002)on one and Office 2003 on the other. Both are trying...

Blank email sent and/or latest changes to email not saved
We are using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP machines and occasionally have a problem when users create an email and may either print and/or save it as a draft. When they go back to the email to send, sometimes the changes are not retained in the email or basically everything including content AND attachments get wiped out and it ends up going as a blank email. The only consistency that I see is the fact that they are saved as drafts or printed before sending. Anyone else have this problem??? Or can help me with a solution??? Frustrated. ...

Item Price Maintenance
GP version 8.00g7. If you play around in the Item Price Maintenance window they try to exit, a popup asks if you'd like to save changes. Only 2 choices: Yes & Cancel. Cancel brings you back to the Item Price Maintenance window again, where you are trying to exit without saving changes. Only choice is to say yes. WTF? G Have you tried the red x in the upper right corner of the window? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "GiJ...

outlook no cache mode sync with additional mailbox attached
Hi All, SBS2008, Exchange2007 SP1 and outlook2007 SP2 issue with cache mode. We use Outlook in cache mode and all works well. However, when users load and additional (general) mailbox in their Outlook profile, Outlook stops sync with exchange. Also for the primary mailbox. Items get stuck in the outbox and users receive no new mail in their inbox. In OWA the inbox works fine but sent items are still in the outbox. However they actually do get sent. No reports in event log on workstation or server. When we turn cache mode off (online mode) all works well again. Also...

One user Can't open attachements....?
I have one user that when he tries to open an attachment stored in a Note,,,he get's an error that says the file can't be found. He can "save" and then open ....other users can open no problem right from the link (vs having to save to desktop). This happens with pdfs, word docs, excel, etc..... I've seen this before and I can't remember the deal....I'm thinking it is an IE setting/issue....anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated. anyone have any thoughts on this???? Appreicate any ideas. Thanks Skip12 wrote: > I have one user that when he tries to o...

make a duplicate table in access and save changes
I have a table that gives the rates of Dearness Allowance.These rates are given for different periods in percentages. ex: 01-01-2009 to 30-06-2009 37% 01-07-2009 to 30-11-2009 45% etc.. This is the default table and is applicable to almost 95% to 97% of employees. I want to make a duplicate of this table and display it in an unbound subform ( which is a continuous form). If the user makes any changes in it, it is then clear that Default rates are not applicable to him. Then, i want to store the data in a new table tblDeviations where i will store the EmployeeId also ...

Saving report as document
Hi How can I save output of a report to disk as a word document via code? Many Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eGYJfb26HHA.4252@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > How can I save output of a report to disk as a word document via code? > Use the OutputTo action (in a macro) or method (in VBA code.) Choose Rich Text as the format. It saves in RTF format, which Word can open. Note that RTF loses graphical elements (e.g. logo, lines, check boxes.) You can get lines by using the underscore character in a label. You can get check ...

Outlook does not save the e-mail addresses entered
I am using Outlook 2000 SR1. When entering a new contact, it does not save the e-mail address along with the other information logged in. I have tried substituting the contact's name with the e-mail address to send e-mail, but I get an error message that it does not recognize the contact name. How can I fix this? ...

unable to open attachments #3
Hi, I am currently using microsoft outlook 2000 on the operating system windows 2000 professional. The problem is that i am unable to open attachments and it says that there is no association with the file. Hope somebody can help. It is not with just one particular type of file it seems to be just attachments in general. Thanks Rebecca Are these valid emails? It could be that they have double extensions and are virusses. In order to see them uncheck "Hide extensions for know File Types" in Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab View. If you now they are safe, save ...

How can I save a data file in Access?
I have to format and reinstall XP and other programs in my Aunt's computer and she has an address list saved in Access and I haven't worked with that program. How can I save that list and put it back where it was after I reinstall the OS? Tahnks...... JCW "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:eROEitBiHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have to format and reinstall XP and other programs in my Aunt's computer > and she has an address list saved in Access and I haven't worked with that > program. How can I save that list and put it back whe...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's successful, xl will re...

prompt to save..........
Hi, Using Excel 2003, whenever I use Windows explorer to select a file, right click and use the print function, Excel asks me if I want to Save the file before closing Excel. It does not do it with all files, only with the ones I create, tried looking in the Options, but cannot find anything for this function. Any ideas as to what I've missed or can do to stop this prompting? TIA, Colin. Are you using volatile functions like NOW or TODAY or still others? -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Sapper" wrote: > Hi, Using Excel 2003, wheneve...

Outlook 2003 saves all drafts in "Deleted Items" -- Can it change
I'm running Outlook 2003 (with all the updates current, having just days ago started and moved in all my mail from Eudora) on WinXP. Saving a draft message while I am editing it and then exiting the editor moves the message to Deleted Items. Is there a way to ask Outlook 2003 to save draft messages in the Drafts folder? Thanks if anyone can help. ...

Sending secure email and attachments?
If I want to send an email with attachment (usually in Word, Excel or Powerpoint) so that it is secure, and so that the attachment can only be opened by someone who knows the "password" that we agree upon, is there a way to do this? I wasn't familiar with an available option in Outlook, or any specific programs or coding that allow for this. Btw, can emails themselves be password protected so that the intended recipient has to enter an agreed upon password, just to read the content of the email (as well as access any attached files included)? If this is possib...

Save Error when protecting XL macros
If I try protecting macros using the standard function in the VBA editor, I get an error whenever I try to save the associated excel document. Usually this says "document saved, but cannot reopen due to low memory" (there is no memory problem though); at this point Excel often dies. If I take off the protection it works fine, which is bizarre. Anybody come across a similar problem / any suggestions? ...

Save in different folder
I want to save a workbook in a different folder. The folder already exists, and I want to use the same file name. What is correct code to do this? Try code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim NewPath As String NewPath = "D:\Temp\" & ThisWorkbook.Name ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewPath End Sub Change the "D:\Temp\" to the full folder path to which you want to save the file. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Sat, 22 May 2010 13:2...

Saving selected Worksheets
Is there a way I can protect some worksheets from being saved and some with the regular saving option, in the same workbook? When saving workbooks, all worksheets are saved. A workbook is a file. You cannot save part of a file unless you split into two or more pieces and make new files. You could copy the sheetsyou wish to save to a new worksheet and save as a new workbook leaving the original workbook unsaved. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 03:29:29 GMT, "exce-lent" <acb@cox.net> wrote: >Is there a way I can protect some worksheets from being sav...

Sending Attachments #10
I am having problems ... when I send messages to other people using Outlook 2000, for some reason my attachments are not being received. If I use my ISP mail program the attachments are usually received. Help!! And thanks in advance. Magoo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having problems ... when I send messages to other > people using Outlook 2000, for some reason my attachments > are not being received. If I use my ISP mail program the > attachments are usually received. Help!! And thanks in > advance. In what format are you sending the me...

Can't view photos attached to e-mail
Some photos and graphics in the body of messages and those attached to messages aren't viewable; The dreaded red X appears. Some are. Clicking on the X SOMETIMES produces this message: WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE. TO OPEN THIS FILE, WINDOWS NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM CREATED IT. WINDOWS CAN GO ON LINE TO LOOK IT UP AUTOMATICALLY, OR YOU CAN MANUALLY SELECT FROM A LIST OF PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER. I regularly work with 4 different computers, and only one has this problem, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any thoughts? ...

Office 2003 "Sent To As Attachment" issue
Hello all ;) One user is experiencing an issue when trying to send for instance an excel sheet using the menu option - "send to as attachment". When this options is selected a new mail windows opens -so far so good. But the user is not able to switch to another Outlook/Office application until this new windows is opened. If the user discards that email or clicks on SAVE and closes it (heh, the message will not be saved in drafts folder as many of us would expect, but in the INBOX!!! folder, huh), then the user is after that able to switch to another application. The i...

Saving Files
I am trying to write something that will open a series of files in a folder, identify a certain cell reference, and then resave the file in a different location with the cell reference as a file name. Ex: It opens fileA from the source folder, sees that the reference cell is 001, then saves it in the destination folder as 001.xls. It then opens fileB, sees the reference of AA3, and saves it as AA3.xls. Here is what I have written so far. I have 0 experience with VBA but I am trying to learn by looking at examples online. Something is wrong here: Sub SaveFiles() Dim mybook As Workbo...

Saving within email
Is there a way to get back a saved excel documents from an attachment? One of my users did not realize that they could not save the document working on the document open from email attachment. They open the email messages that content the attachment open the excel attachment and starting working on it for 5 hours - saving it many times but when they close the file all the data was gone. I did explain to them to save the document to the desktop before making changes. Thank you in advance for your help. Kathy You might check the temp folder for a copy. Start Excel, press Alt+F11 to o...

Error Message
I've started getting the following message each time I sign on to money. Due to Changes in your Money file, the saved version of the "Portfolio Value by Investment Account" report is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset the report, but you should reset it manually to avoid unreliable information. I've tried to reset the report manually but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas / solutions ? In microsoft.public.money, greggoz wrote: >I've started getting the following message each time I >sign on to money. > > Due to Changes in your Money fil...