Saving Attachments Default Setting

Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express
it always defaults to My Documents File.  This is very
tiresome as this is not the file I want to use.
Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the
correct file.  I am sure it used to remember the file you
last used and default to that but since I installed an
update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My
Documents.  Help!

How do I set up a reverse mortgage?
When both home owners are 62 they can setup a reverse mortgage which will let you take out some money each month. Like a regular mortgage the amount is fixed each month but the money is income. There are large fees in the beginning. The equity in the house is reduced as the payments are made. Seems like a good feature for MS Money. Any ideas on how to handle? It varies by state, but I'm pretty sure in no state are the payments treated as income. A reverse mortgage is just a Home Equity Line/Second Mortgage with deferred payments. I've not done either in Money, but both have ent...

Assigning Default Posting Accounts
I am setting up Dynamics GP 9 using the Setup Checklist. I have come to the section for posting accounts. When you open up the Posting Accounts Setup window, you are confronted with a long list of accounts for which you should assign default posting accounts. Some of the account descriptions are very unclear and ambiguous as to what they are for. Is there a list somewhere of what accounts are used for which kinds of transactions? I looked through Dynamics help and manuals and looked in the CustomerSource Knowledge Base. Nothing! Please help! Thank you! Unfortuantely, the list i...

Copy settings of database
We have an Access 2007 database in which we are happy with all of the settings, etc. Is there a way to create a new database with these same settings? There is a lot of data in the database. In other words, we want everything just as it is but without the data. -- shel You could make a copy of your database and then use a function such as http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000002#wipeAllTbls to wipe all your tables clean and then perform a compact and repair. Make sure you make a backup copy of your db before doing anything like this!!! -- Hope this ...

Set Focus 02-15-08
On my data entry form using AC2003. I have the following as the OnChange event for a drop down combobox... Private Sub Type_Change() If IsNull(Me.Type) Then MsgBox "Type is required.", vbCritical, "Data Entry Error" Me.Type.SetFocus End If End Sub When I tab thru the Type field, I get the msgbox with the error message but the focus goes to the next field in the tab order and does not go back to the combobox....why? Thanks in advance for your help! by the way, it's a continuous form "PeterM" wrote: > On my data entry fo...

Get First date from a set of record 06-16-07
Please help me create a function to 1. returns a value of 1 if the expression ("date") is the first date from a specified set of records. 2. returns a value of 2 if the "date" is the second date from a specified set of records that meets the following criteria: On Jun 16, 7:59 pm, msu...@gmail.com wrote: Please help me create a function to 1. returns a value of 1 in a query if the expression ("RecDate") is the first date from a specified set of records. 2. returns a value of 2 in a query if the "RecDate" is the second date from a specified set of...

How do I make outlook express stop deleting attachments?
Whenever I get an attachment to an e-mail, in the subject line I receive this message: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachents in your mail. I know some are NOT unsafe... how do I get them? hit forward, then save the attachment :) It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Out...

Journal doesn't retain settings to record Office Apps.
I have renamed the cache files (extend.dat, outcmd.dat, frmcache.dat, & views.dat). I also created a second profile to test it, but it keeps happening. I open Outlook and go to my Journal options only to discover that the check boxes for Word, Access, Excel, and Powerpoint are not checked. I can open up regedt32 and see where the settings are in the registry, they are set to record but the options box does not reflect that setting. If i check the boxes they will record fine as long as I don't close Outlook, as soon as I restart Outlook I have to go back into the Journal options and che...

Opening Attachments 03-30-10
When I try to open some attachments, sometimes they say they can't open with power point because the attachment wasn't sent with power point. I have other programs such as Works and Word. How can I get these attachments to open with the program they were sent with? -- FreddyB Are they PPS attachments? If you don't have PowerPoint on your machine, then get this. PowerPoint Viewer 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=048DC840-14E1-467D-8DCA-19D2A8FD7485&displaylang=en Then, you will likely need to do this. Unable to open .PPS atta...

CFileDialog Thumbnails by default
I am interested in displaying a CFileDialog where the default view is Thumbnails view. A method to set the default method to "detail" has been suggested at:- http://www.codeguru.com/dialog/detailvwdlg.html This appears to work however I am interested in Thumbnail view by default. The key to this appears to be in identifying the ID of the view control drop down box. Any comments would be appreciated. Bernie ...

Problems sending email with an attachment larger then 2mb, Entourage 2009 WSE / Exchange 2007

When setting up I created folder outside default, funtions don't w
When I first set up Outlook 2003 my email folder was created outside (just below) the default folder. I only have my IMAP root name and within that an Inbox folder where all of my email goes. Because there is only that one folder, some functions don't work, such as as deleted files going into a deleted items folder (they are just lined out and I have to manually purge the deleted messages) or junk emails going into the Junk email folder. I want to set it up so that there is just one main folder, organized into subfolders, with all of the functionality of the current default pers...

Bullets Disappear After Saving/Reopening
I am working with Word 2007 on Windows Vista Ultimate. I have run across this issue multiple times in multiple documents. I have my documents set up with styles, including bulleted lists (and styles for bullet levels 1, 2, and 3). I keep running into an issue where the document will be fine for any length of time. But then, randomly, when I open it, all of the bulleted styles are messed up. To be more specific, the styles are still applied correctly, but it has removed the actual bullet (the "dot") itself from the style. This recently happened to me with a docum...

can't open attachments #8
I already posted a query about how to get rid of popnav. I also cannot open any attachments in my outlook. Whenever someone sends me something that appears as an envelope and I click it it says "that item is corrupt or no longer available". I can't even open attachments I create myself. For example, I attached some photos to an email I was sending and before I sent it I tried to view the photos again and they were corrupt! Thank you for your help. ...

Passwords won't stay saved
I'm always getting a prompt to enter my email password, although the password is saved. In Outlook 2002 for Office XP, I have saved my email password thru Tools > Email accounts > Email/View or change accounts > Change. The password is entered and "Remember Password" is checked. My Send/Receive settings for this account are: When Outlook is Online: Account is included in Send/Receive is on; Auto send/receive is scheduled every 5 minutes. When Outlook is Offline: Account is included in send/receive. Why does it continually ask me for my password? Every time it d...

Query mailbox limit settings
Hi, Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou? - the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not - the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not fo...

Setting
Hi I cant set my hotmail account to work on entourage.. It says HTTP error.. Someone can help? This newsgroup is dedicated to users of the database creation program, MS Access, not to "access" in the general sense. You need to find a more appropriate newsgroup/forum. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201005/1 ...

in this version I can not attach a Macro to a Button
Can someone tell me how to attach a Macro to a Button from the design tool bar ? Take a look at this article by the esteemed Anne Troy ... http://www.officearticles.com/misc/methods_to_run_a_macro_in_microsoft_offic e_applications.htm Rgds, ScottO "Hussam Bachat" <Hussam Bachat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76E951F9-8B58-468D-B594-E1A4B0FEEC83@microsoft.com... | Can someone tell me how to attach a Macro to a Button from the design tool | bar ? Sorry, the link got chopped for some reason ... http://www.officearticles.com/misc/methods_to_run_a_macro_in...

Printing set up
Is there a way I can do a "print set up" in Word so I can just use my black cartridge or print in greyscale? Thanks, JA That probably depends on your printer. Look in "Printer Properties" in the Print dialog. On Mar 31, 5:14=A0pm, DAJA <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way I can do a "print set up" =A0in Word so I can just use my = black > cartridge or print in greyscale? > > Thanks, > > JA ...

I received an attachment in an earlier version of publisher that .
I received an attachment in an earlier version of publisher and I cannot open the attchment with Publisher 2000; HELP! MR. "B"" <MR. "B wrote: > I received an attachment in an earlier version of publisher and I > cannot open the attchment with Publisher 2000; HELP! 1) How do you know it was created in an earlier version? 2000 will open files from all preceding versions. 2) Have you disabled script blocking and/or the Office plugin in NAV (which you'd have known to do had you read awhile)? -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did h...

Help, Default Global Address Book disappeared
I was messing with the permission to hide the Default GAL on Exchange 2003 and was never able to hide it to users. I somehow got it to disappear from the system manager. I tried reseting the permissons on the All global address lists but it does not come back. Any ideas on how to get it back. Help! Thank you. Hi, go via Active Directory Sites and Services....Show the Services node, go Exchange, and there you will see your GAL as an unknown object (or something like that, don't have it in front of me), but if you go to the properties of that object you will see a security tab, and...

Save as html
Hello, I have hopefully simple question. I save files out to html for reports. File Save As Web Page then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows This works fine. My only problem is that the files comes up with Project Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top of the report. My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from appearing at the top of the report. I know I can manually delete and resave. But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being automatically inserted as I don't nee...

Auto save overwriting original copy
Thanks to Jim Rech for solving my problem a couple of days ago. Another problem I have now is automatically overwiting a file without Excel asking if i want to overwite the original file Range("R8").Select If ActiveCell = 0 Then Workbooks("CTS Master").Close False Exit Sub Else Rountine1 ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "p:\Test Folder\Amanda_ Dunnell\CTS Master.xls" Workbooks("CTS Master").Close False When cell R8 has a value of 0 this will work and close without saving or any prompts, but if R8 does not have a value of 0 then the macro ...

Setting POS Template Variables?
In the customization guide under POS Template Variables, There are user variables listed as Session.Variable1 to Session.Variable10. How does one set these? How long is a Session? That is, Does one need to reset them if we want them to apply to each transaction? Newbie Developer to RMS Hi Jewelsmith, Nice question, I also would like to know the usage of session variable.. CP.Dinesh cpdinesh@gmail.com "Jewelsmith" wrote: > In the customization guide under POS Template Variables, There are user > variables listed as Session.Variable1 to Session.Variable10. > ...

how do I set up a fast comparison table?
I wish to create a worksheet in which I can make fast comparisions. I enter a number in a column (orginal number), this number will then be compared to about 20 other numbers(reference numbers) in the same row. When one of the reference numbers is greater than the original number, it gets highlighted and then (if possible, reports to another sheet). The use of this for me is that i can enter in a physical parameter, such as arsenic concentration or Dissolved Oxygen, and instantly compares it to a list of know criteria and published guidelines. Will save me lots and lots of time in m...

changing the default for line connectors
I'm using the Flowcharting template and cannot figure out how to change the default line color to black and the connector type to straight connector. I can change individual lines once they've been made first by right clicking and changing to straight, and then to format/line/color, but once I create a new line, it automatically goes back to the square connector and blue line. I've even tried the format/line/color before putting in lines, and it still defaults back to blue. Please help! ...