saving attachments #3

I have Outlook Express and I am unable to save
attachments from e-mail messages. They show up but they
are greyed out and I can not open them or save them

Thanks
0
lundmich (1)

Look here for help and more info on this subject:

http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Michael" <lundmich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook Express and I am unable to save
> attachments from e-mail messages. They show up but they
> are greyed out and I can not open them or save them
>
> Thanks

Jocelyn, Do you also have an answer to the original question by Marc about
the automatic saving of attachments in OL2000?

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:utLV9S$TDHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Look here for help and more info on this subject:
>
> http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
> please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Michael" <lundmich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have Outlook Express and I am unable to save
> > attachments from e-mail messages. They show up but they
> > are greyed out and I can not open them or save them
> >
> > Thanks

0
gh1 (11)

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

DREMEL 1/32 Engraving Cutter (3/32 Shank), Part No. 111
Price:$2.66 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000WE5NV0 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000WE5NV0 The Dremel rotary tool is lightweight, compact and versatile, which makes it very "friendly". This tool works differently from any other tool you've ever owned. With more than 150 available accessories, you can use it to cut, sand, shape, drill, buff, g ...

Time Save msg box
Hi all, Is it possible to have a message box pop up every hour to remind people to save the workbook, as we use a sheet for a period of 24 hrs and often it is closed without saving, i did use the auto save on workbook close event, but this is still not perfect. Ideally it would remind the users to save the workbook, and instead of closing the message it would save upon clicking the Ok button, then close. Steve xl2k and below came with an autosave addin. But that addin wasn't included in xl2002+. I don't remember the settings for autosave (I'm not sure if there's a prom...

Navigation Bar #3
I am having problem with the navigation bar on the bottom of my web page. The links seem to be properly set up and work while working inside publisher. Once I preview as a web page or publish, the links no longer work. Any thoughts? Thank you! You did not specify what version of Publisher you are using or which browser, but it sounds like you are previewing the site in FireFox. The bottom navbar is converted to an image in both Pub 2003 and 2007 webs for the version of the web pages that are rendered by FireFox. The html coding engine produces a different version for IE. The fix for this...

What do you do if you have auto save set, but it is not working?
I have auto save in Excel set to every 5 minutes, but it is not auto saving the data. What should I do to fix it? Jennifer What version of Excel? XP (2002) & 2003 _do not_ have an AutoSave feature. If you are referring to AutoRecover (Tools>Options--Save), that is something totally different. It doesn't save your working file, but stores the data separately in a temporary file for recovery purposes in the event that XL or the system crashes while the file is open. HTH |:>) "Jennifer" wrote: > I have auto save in...

Save as text file, but with full headers
I want to save quite a few messages as text file, but I want to save them with full headers. Is this possible? ...

Cannot Send Attachments over 1mb
I cannot send attachements over 1mb. I constantly receive a message that the server has timed out. I have increased the server timeout to 10 minutes, but that hasn't made any difference. Any ideas? "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6bd601c42ee5$6aed46a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot send attachements over 1mb. I constantly > receive a message that the server has timed out. I have > increased the server timeout to 10 minutes, but that > hasn't made any difference. Any ideas? > Does your ISP have a limit on size...

Slow network drive response when browsing for attachments
I am running Office 2003 under Windows 2000 on a LAN containing shared network drives. Using conventional means to access the contents of these drives (i.e. Windows Explorer) yields a quick response, but when using the Select attachment dialog in Outlook there is a significant delay (2 mins plus). Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Dave. ...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Copying olOLE Attachments in Outlook
Hi There, I am looking for a way to copy an Attachment of type olOLE from one contact to another using VB.net. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have all other types copying no problem, but I cannot get an olOLE attachment to work. I have tried adding it as the object in the .Attachments.Add method but I get an exception "Member not found". Here is the code I have, that doesn't work. (The type of object I am testing with is a birthday reminder to the calendar). newContact.Attachments.Add(contactAttachment, Outlook.OlAttachmentType.olOLE, , "") Ev...

You Save Amount on Receipts
Hi All, Occasionally the amount calculated for the "You Save" amount as printed on the customer recipts is total crap such as a tendered sale of $95.00 and it calculates and prints "You Save $87621387131" or something like that. Has anyone expreienced this before and what is the solution? As above, it only happens occasionally, but of course the impact is that all reports for sales, profit margins, etc... are useless. Regards Dan Levin ...

Contacts not receiving attachments
Since migrating to a new SBS 2003 server and domain a few days ago we've found that when users try to send emails to contacts in our global address book the recipients receive the email but not the attachments. If we create an email and send to someone not in the address book they do receive the attachment. Is this a problem related to format of the emails? If so, how come it doesn't affect emails to people not in the address book and how can I go about solving it? Thanks in advance On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:42:14 -0700, MBurns <MBurns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >S...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

Importing Address Book #3
Happy New Year to all you hard working people down there. I've tried to import my Outlook Express Address book into Outlook 2000. No matter what form I try to import with it fails. Can this be done? If so, How. File > Import and Export > Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rudy de Vries" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007801c3d0a4$43fd8d10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Happy New Year to all you hard working people down there. > > I've tried to import my Outlook Express Address book into > Outlook 20...

subtotals #3
My worksheet contains 57,000 rows of data in the following format: Part Nbr Item Nbr Price 687223007-5 019-038 257.82 687223007-5 68-1366 20.24 687223007-5 68-1378 2.34 687223007-5 68-2232 223.68 687223007-5 68-4115 242.40 687223007-5 019-038 131.07 687223007-5 68-1366 10.12 687223007-5 68-1378 1.17 687223007-5 58-1856 4.24 687223007-5 68-2232 109.23 687223007-5 68-4115 110.80 687233016-4 019-003 76.24 687233016-4 68-2232 22.58 687233016-4 019-003 78.24 687233016-4 68-2232 27.72 687233016-4 019-003 80.78 687233016-4 68-2232 ...

EXCEL saving to A: drive
Sporadically when trying to save an EXCEL file to the A: drive it locks up the computer. Does not happen from any other Office app. Using Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000. If save EXCEL file to C: drive and then copy to A: drive, never have a problem. Why? -- Linda There is a problem with saving directly to a floppy and a greater one if you open an Excel file directly from a floppy, in as much as you have a good chance of corrupting the floppy for good. Its best to always save and open from the hard drive, Regards, Alan. "LindaD" <LindaD@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Changing Business Units in CRM 3.0
Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most recent edits updated to system of record? On Jun 10, 1:44 am, KEO <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to > change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using > the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most > recent edits ...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #3
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

Page Numbers #3
Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run consecutively from one sheet to the next? If you select multiple sheets, then print, Excel will consecutively # the pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet to the next? >. > If I understand correctly, you can do this in the header/footer . You can insert the function and it will automatically number your pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet ...

how can I save a publisher created logo in picture format?
I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in > picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > I've created a logo in MS Publ...

Dialog Box #3
I need some simple advice on how to make a dialog box launch with the auto open macro to have a value entered by the user and pasted in a cell on the worksheet. Thanks in advance. Look in VBA help for Application.InputBox I use this in an autofilter for entering are codes when filtering on phone numbers Sub Area_Code() Application.ScreenUpdating = False UserVal = Application.InputBox("Enter Area Code") If UserVal = False Then Exit Sub Else Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=UserVal & "*", Operator:=xlAnd End If Application...

Inventory Reconcile #3
Can anyone tell me what changed in the Inventory Reconcilliation process between GP 6.0 and GP 7.5? Thanks ...

how do i save a new address typed on an envelop in word 2003
i want to save the address i type on an envelop under the envelop and labels under tools. Save it where? You could add the envelope to a document and save the document or You could use an envelope template - see the link at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and create and save an envelope document including the address. or You could save the address in Outlook and insert the address from the addressbook function in the envelope/label dialog, which stores recent addresses. To do this Outlook must be your default e-mail application. -- <>...

Charting Question #3
I have a table of data which I create a scatter graph to show the points. Is there an easy way to add labels through VBA? For eaxample if I have the data below in a spreadsheet and I want column B to be the X-axis and column C to be the Y-axis how can I easily/automatically add the text in column A as the data label? Also, oes it matter what order the data is sorted in? I want to sort by column A. Thanks A B C 1 Florida 2.5 500 2 Maine 2.7 300 sfrancoe wrote: > I have a table of data which I create a scatter graph to show the points. Is > there...

Allow attachment file types
I would like to allow a certain type of attachment that is blocked by Exchange and Outlook (.tmp file). I've been asked to this at the server level, but can't find a way how. Is it possible and if so, how do I do it? I'm running Ex2K3 SP1. Thank you in advance... -- Michael Underwood - Systems Administrator CFBMIC Centennial, CO There is a way, but it is a pain. It involves creating a special public folder, then creating a custom form using the Outlook Resource Kit. Basically, it forces Outlook clients to look to that public folder for the attachment settings. http://...