Saving attached files in Outlook - OLK8 what the...?

What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do?

Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called
OLK8.  When I want to go find the files I can't find the
folder OLK8  even thought the save path indicated that it
was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden
file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default
Outlook save location?  The MS KB is (per usual) no help.

0
bob0247 (1)

It is a temporary file for storing attachments.  If you are using Windows
2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

robert <bob0247@yahoo.com> asked:

| What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do?
|
| Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called
| OLK8.  When I want to go find the files I can't find the
| folder OLK8  even thought the save path indicated that it
| was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden
| file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default
| Outlook save location?  The MS KB is (per usual) no help.

0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/11/2003 4:01:35 AM
I did turn on hidden folders in Control Panel=20
under "folder options" no luck, no OLK8. Does your=20
suggestion work for you, or are you just guessing?  Where=20
is OLK8 and how do I access the files in it. =20

This is an unbelieveably difficult newsgroup to use and=20
search, please respond directly to my email (virus' be=20
damned, my REAL problem is called Microsoft Support).
thanks,
robert

are using Windows
>2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and=20
then go look again.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact. Due to the
>Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will=20
be deleted w/out
>reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
>robert <bob0247@yahoo.com> asked:
>
>| What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do?
>|
>| Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called
>| OLK8.  When I want to go find the files I can't find=20
the
>| folder OLK8  even thought the save path indicated that=20
it
>| was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a=20
hidden
>| file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the=20
default
>| Outlook save location?  The MS KB is (per usual) no=20
help.

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/11/2003 4:38:41 PM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> This is an unbelieveably difficult newsgroup to use and
> search,

Not if you use a newsreader and not the web to access it.  There are plently
of freeware newsreaders available for download.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Attaching Contacts to new email

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

owa cant open ppt attachments

find action on log file

Maximum file sizes

File size #11

Outlook Sales

Linking files 2 ways

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error