Saving an Attachment

I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take
every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the
attachment to a particular folder, then delete the
message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a
custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can
somebody help?
0
anonymous (74722)

There are some utilities that will do that here:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm

ExLife is one notable.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Ernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take
> every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the
> attachment to a particular folder, then delete the
> message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a
> custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can
> somebody help?

0
mvp1 (459)

Excel 2007 Does Not Save
I am using Excel 2007 in Windows Vista Home Premium. When I save, this window pops up: MS Excel is trying to recover your information. This may take several minutes. I have tried at least 6 times to save with the same results. Each time when Excel re-opens I have to enter the same information and try saving again. Each time with the same results. Why is this happening and how can I correct it? Thanks. Look at your anti-virus program. I have heard reports that CA\Etrust antiviral program causes save problems -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove...

Attachments missing on Internal Emails viewed in OWA
I'm having a difficulty with emails sent internally from Outlook 2007 to another internal user on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed in Windows 2003 Server Standard. Generally, the server has all the updates. I just updated it about a week ago. These attachments (no matter what they are) will not show up in OWA. They do show up in Outlook. And if you try to forward the email, the attachment will appear. So, our work-around right now has been to forward these emails to themselves in OWA and the subsequent email will have the attachment in them. All other emails with...

Outlook shuts down when saving an open attachment from email
I am experiencing a vexing problem that occures when I have an email open, then open and attachment to view the contents. When I attempt to save the open attachement to my desktop the computer reboots. If I save the attachment to my desktop and then open the file there is not difficulty. This is a recent problem as the system has workd fine for years without the issue. I have installed all updates to system and application software. Anyone have an answer? Thanks. ...

Simple File Saving question...
Everytime I open an Excel spreadsheet it opens to the last cell that I edited. Does anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet open to the top left cell on the first worksheet everytime... regardless of where I saved it last? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian, Try this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the...

saving excel files #2
Hi all , I am having a strange prob in excel whenever i save an excel file, it asks for extension (*.xls) there is something wrong with the settings this i know like when u save a new book on desktop it will save it as vikram.xl instead of vikram what is the way out i dont want this file extension along with the nam -- Vnagpa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26734 You can either hide the ext...

Save .pub to .pdf format
I'm having a little struggle trying to save to .pdf. Went to the MSFT site and carefully followed the instructions. I've saved to .pdf before but sometimes it seems impossible. Using Publisher 2007 and have installed the .pdf converter from MSFT to use with Word, etc. TIA. Jethro Pull wrote: > I'm having a little struggle trying to save to .pdf. Went to the MSFT > site and carefully followed the instructions. I've saved to .pdf > before but sometimes it seems impossible. > > Using Publisher 2007 and have installed the .pdf converter from MSFT > to use...

Saving Publisher Files to BMP or JPEG
Hi, I have created a publication in MS Publisher but wish to save the format so I may us it in the body of a Outlook email. How do I save to a BMP or JPEG format so I may do this? I don't wish to use it as an attachment. Can someone help? Frank In Publisher 2002-03, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to the image extensions. Older versions, select all, copy, paste to MS Paint or some other editing program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussi...

CAN NOT "SAVE AS"
when i go to "save as" it just shows an hour glass and freezes does any one know whats wrong???i can not do any work because i need to save as and send to clients help I read a post, I believe yesterday, that said they cured the problem with xl 2003 by removing the new Windows security updates. Information only, not a recommendation. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "gerrior" <gerrior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message when i go to "save as" it just shows an hour glass and freezes does any o...

"Save as" in IE programatically
When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to save the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as" step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x? TIA, Bill Try URLDownloadToFile/URLDownloadToCacheFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bill Levis" <bill@voicenet.com> wrote in message news:O##vXt1ZDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &g...

Problem saving custom entity linked to Products
Hello, I have a custom entity that I created that is linked to the Product table. If I have a Product link defined I am getting an "Insufficient Permissions" error when trying to save the record. I read a couple other posted that described a similar situation with the opportunity table, where it checks for Quotes and you have to give the user read permisions on the Quote table. Is there something special about the Products table as well? Thanks, David Hi David, you're not saying which way is the link and depending on the direction of the link you'll need to grant...

Save as .csv file removes trailing 00 #2
Hi all. I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like 00AB25 or 00056P-SDF. It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field. When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this? thanx. geir In the raw .csv file the leading nulls are preserved (try opening it with Notepad and you will see), but when Excel reopens the file it converts them to numbers. But only those partnumbers that do n...

Final attempt save as binary question
This is about my fifth attempt since March, so far without eliciting a single reply (last attempt seems to have disappeared into the ether): Re Excel 2007 "Save as binary". Its supposed to save space and be quicker. So why isn't it the default method? Is there a downside? For example, will macros no longer work? Are there reduced functions in a file saved as binary? I need to know before I save a large and majorly important (to me) file with heaps of worksheets and macros and find down the track that I've lost something significant! There HAS to be some reas...

where do "sample" .ppt presentations or files get saved?
From the On-line MS Office help: In which directory do these files get saved? I'm using Windows7 "AV_asking_on_PowerPoint" <AV_asking_on_PowerPoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B46A14CE-BB9A-4EC4-AEEE-D6AEDC05F3DA@microsoft.com... > From the On-line MS Office help: In which directory do these files get > saved? I'm using Windows7 For PPT 2007 on Windows 7, I think they get saved here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in P...

How to save excel Files for uploading in Deltek?
We are trying to save Excel file into a Flat ASCII type of file so it can be uploaded (imported) into Deltek GCS Premier's Budget file. Any and all assistance will be appreciated. file>save as>select the file type, i.e. DOS. You will of course lose the excel format but the data is preseved. "VirginiaBiz" wrote: > We are trying to save Excel file into a Flat ASCII type of file so it can be > uploaded (imported) into Deltek GCS Premier's Budget file. Any and all > assistance will be appreciated. ...

why can't i browse to a location to save a flat file
Why doesn't the browse box pop up when i click on the export record button? Instead I have to type the filename and path. ...

Click on X in upper right corner should save FIRST the file you se
Now, Excel closes the files in the background first. This means that if you by mistake types "no" when Excel asks you "Do you want to save ...(the file in the background)", because you expect to be aked if you want to save the file you are looking at, than you loose all your changes to the file in the bakground. I couldn't reproduce this in xl2002. Each time I had multiple workbooks open, excel prompted me with the activeworkbook's name (if it needed saving). Thorkild wrote: > > Now, Excel closes the files in the background first. This means that if yo...

Counting Number Records per Unique ID, saving it to another table:
I have a form frmVendors with a subform frmPayments. The main form shows information on vendors, and the subform is a continuous form which lists the checks paid out to each vendor. Users are typically entering new payments into the subform on the main form. The forms are linked to tables: Linked by VendorID (one to many) tblVendor: Key=VendorID, Vendor Name, Vendor Address, Vendor State, Vendor City tblPayments: Key=CheckID, VendorID, PaymentAmount There is a field in tblVendor called NumberChecks to show the total amount of checks paid out to that vendor. There is a text box on th...

Save single pages????
Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back together. thanks, L. Hi L/P (info@wabashrealty.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. || Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? || Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would || like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back || together. || || ...

Outlook express attachments.
i have trouble opening some of the attatchments on my email. some come up and i can open them but others show up but i cant access them. please can someone help its driving me mad. Tools | Options | Security... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <GAZTOOL@BLUEYONDER.CO.uk> wrote in message news:028801c3a963$5e9ade10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have trouble opening some of the attatchments on my > e...

Saving New Documents on a network Drive.
Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our office network drive it says, "Cannot save Blank. This folder is read only." Only, the folderis NOT read only. All other software has no issues saving here but excel. any ideas? I'm sick of saving on the local drive and copying it over to the network drive. Thanks. Umm. . . any ideas? "MaxZ" <bmw@florida-counsel.com> wrote in message news:%23WKiYeI5FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our > office network drive it...

Saving .xls file as .exe. file
Anyway of saving a .xls file as a executable file. Have VBA code (i.e.PING)that needs to run for several hours and don't want to tie-up EXCEL for other use. Could run VBA code on separate PC, but then someone could start up another sheet and click the 'X' button stopping everything. TIA I don't believe there is any way to compile a VBA Macro. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Tom Rudski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1172401c3f5c9$0693d890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway...

Save causes Excel to stop responding
OK here's the deal. The environment: Small office LAN- Win'03 entry level server. 6 Win98 machines, 2 WinXP Pro machines We use an excel file to track our proposals (customer, equipment, date dollar amout, etc)- pretty basic. The only thing that isn't simpl data entry is the sequential numbers generated in one column. We've used this same format (sequential numbers modified) for the pas 4.5 years without hassle. Now the file is causing Excel on the 9 machines to lock up- "(not responding)". And on the XP machines it' claiming a sharing violation, though I can...

Save As "Word 97-2003 Document" format does not save an RTF file i
Thanks for reviewing this question. Word 2007 does not convert a RTF file to the Word 97 (DOC) format when using Save As and selecting the type: Word 97-2003 Document format. To reproduce: Open Word 2007 add some text to the document Select Save As and the file type "Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 RTF (*.doc)" Note file is saved in the RTF format Select Save As and set the type to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)" Use the same file name. Notice you will be prompted to save the file again. (This is very annoying to our customers) Open the file in notepad and n...

Macro-Save as
I need to know how to 'default' the save file type as an .xls from a .dat within a macro. After a macro has completed changing many .dat files into excel spreadsheets to include subtotals, the file type is defaulted to .dat and when I go to save the file, I have to constantly change the file type from .dat to .xls. "Lois" wrote: > I need to know how to 'default' the save file type as an .xls from a .dat > within a macro. After a macro has completed changing many .dat files into > excel spreadsheets to include subtotals, the file type is defaulted to...

send attachment to multiple recipients, but viewable only to one
Hi there... Possibly a bit of an odd request... I want to know if it is possible to send an attachment in an email to a number of people, but to specify that only one of the recipients would be able to open it... Basically I want to be able to demonstrate that an attachment has been sent, but not have it read by everyone it has been sent to. I'm using Outlook 2003... Any help would be very greatfully recieved! Thanks in advance... Chris Not sure if this is what you're looking for... One option would be to set the file with a password to open and send the password only to the ind...