save imbedded pictures

Got a question...

If I try to right-click/SAVE a picture in an Outlook email the format
defaults to BMP even if it's something else such as an animated GIF.

There is a fix for a similar image save error in IE6 but I can't find a
repair for this in Outlook.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978 addresses exactly this issue in
IE6.

Does anyone know of a similar fix for Outlook?

I would love to be able to pull images from my messages without having to
forward them to an account pointed to Outlook Express (which will extract
images correctly on my system).

Thanks in advance!

0
lock (10)

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

save to same file as opened
Using Excel97. when my user opens a file, makes changes and then clicks the save icon, it used to save the changes to the file that was originally opened, now it brings up a save as dialog box, adds a 1,2,3.... to the filename and saves it in the default folder instead of where it came from. How do I put it back to the way it was -- dmtech 1,2,3? Sounds like the file was saved as a template. Are you sure the file name is XLS and not XLT? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "dmtech" <dmtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3869892F-B18A...

Inserting a picture on a label
I am trying to insert a picture on a name badge label and when I insert it it does not show up. I can insert into other publications but not a label. What is up with that? Do you have detailed display enabled? View, pictures... If you do read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stew" <stew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E0A05E-EBBE-4E0C-8B1E-A966EE185107@microsoft.com... >I am trying to insert a picture on a name ...

Inline picture viewing
Is it possible to view pictures attached to an email as an inline display? I.e. within the mail, similar to outlook express can the picture just be displayed? On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:38:47 -0700, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to view pictures attached to an email as an >inline display? I.e. within the mail, similar to outlook >express can the picture just be displayed? No. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binarie...

large picture
I have a few pages in my document with 9x7 pictures that work well if I create a separate section, and put the page in landscape mode. (I additionally have to change the top margin to 1.5" (to match the left margin being 1.5"), but that's not really what I"m asking about.) The problem is that the page number in the header comes out landscape-oriented instead of portrait-oriented, which is unacceptable to the editor. Is there a way of making the page number be rotated so it shows up as portrait using this method? I need to keep the page number as a page ...

Saving in graphics format generates lines in graphic
I have produced a small logo using Publisher (2003 SP2). It has no borders. However, if I save it in jpeg, bmp, or png formats at least one line is included in the picture, usually one down the left and one along the top. I first noticed it when inserting them into Word, and thought it might be a Word problem, but further investigation using Paint showed that the line(s) did indeed exist. If I erased them with Paint, they stayed erased and could be inserted into Word without problem. So - I have a workaround, but it is tedious, and this does seem a Publisher bug to me. I don't se...

macro: save w/ new name and print
Hey, I assigned a macro to a button in my worksheet on the basis of som advice that I got in this forum (see macro below). The macro saves the current workbook on c:\ and gives it a new filenam with a date/time stamp. However, I want the macro to do the following additional things now: -Save the file in the current directory, without me specifying tha path in the macro -Also include first and lastname of user (contained in cell A1 and B1 in the filename. Also, I want a second version of that macro which -prints a specified sheet (called "output") while/after closing. Any help ...

Excel Save As getting "folder is read only" error.
I'm getting a "folder is read only" error when trying to use "save as" to save a file. I can use save as from another computer, logged in to the network the same without the error. The machine getting the error can copy and paste files to the folders without error, just happens when using the "save as" from the file menu. Is there someplace to change folder attributes that only office 2003 is using? OK, I've figured this one out myself. When using a Novell server and Office 2003, it would seem that it is necessary to use Novel Client 4.83 sp...

document prints out negative in pub after save
When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints out in a negative print Have you checked your printer settings? Do you mean just black, grey, and white or literally dark instead of light and light instead of dark? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lilly 1" <Lilly 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF25F67-F647-47FE-973D-E5E7023491F8@microsoft.com... > When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints > out > in a negative ...

how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive?
how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive? Save it to your harddrive, then copy it to the flash drive. Saving directly to the flash drive is just asking for a corrupt presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "theclearsolution" <theclearsolution@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869E1487-656A-4204-A2E0-DB21387752B0@microsoft.com... ...

Retain drop down lists in Excel when saved as HTML
We are using MS Excel 2007. We have a spreadsheet which uses drop down lists (implemented using the standard method - validation referencing a named list). We want to save it in Excel-based HTML format so that a user can click directly on the file name in a SharePoint list and it will open directly in IE (rather than having to open the Exel file. This also works when you embed the hyperlink to the Excel-based web page in a standard SharePoint workspace page. If the user wants to edit the file they still have to go in via SharePoint and select the "Edit using MS Excel&...

How do I make a picture stay inside a cell?
I'm trying to generate a spreadsheet to track artwork. I'd like to have a thumbnail of the art in the spreadsheet alongside the price and size info I'll be entering. When I insert a picture it just 'floats' on top of the spreadsheet seemingly unattached to any cell. I got excited that there was a solution when, in picture formatting, I saw an option to size and move with cell, but that did nothing. Is there a way to insert a picture into a cell? Cells can contain only formulas or values. Pictures always "float" in the Drawing Layer "above" th...

How to view email with pictures in-line in Outlook
How do you view email that comes attahced with pictures in Outlook XP just like you would in Outlook Express? Please advise. Thanz! Cheers! Unless the sender embeds the pictures in the message, you can't. Outlook doesn't do that by itself. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Albert" <hongky@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:b46b01c4797c$9eab7980$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do you view email that comes attahced with pictures > i...

auto save? #2
I'd like to have a "save" button (or any other method) on my form whic automaticly saves the work book to the server and names the saved fil using info from 2 cells on the first sheet. ex... name cell and dat cell...GWOLF2304. there are roughly 25 users using this workboo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Brian, Right-click on any worksheet tab abd click on View Code. This will take you to the VB editor. On the left hand side (project explorer) click on the bold node reading VBAProject(YourWorkbookName) to select it and go to menu Insert > Module. You wil...

Sample picture
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CA7A28.AEB21F70 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit good tasty ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CA7A28.AEB21F70 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="Banana.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Banana.JPG" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEA8ADwAAD/2wBDABALDA4MChAODQ4SERATGCgaGBYWGDEjJR0oOjM9PDkz ODdASFxOQERXRTc4UG1RV19iZ2hnPk1xeXBkeFxlZ2P/2wBDARESEhgVGC8aGi9jQjhCY2NjY2N...

Saving email etc to rebuild PC
This is probably so simple but how do you save all your email in Outlook 2k and Express so that when I format the HD on my PC and upgrade from WIN2K and Office 2K to WIN XP and Office XP I can access all my previous email, contacts etc. Thanks, Darrin DJ <g@djphotography.net> wrote: > This is probably so simple but how do you save all your > email in Outlook 2k and Express so that when I format the > HD on my PC and upgrade from WIN2K and Office 2K to WIN XP > and Office XP I can access all my previous email, contacts > etc. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/bac...

How do i make my picture size display in inches rather than cms?
I have inserted an image into exel. I need to resize it to match another image in another program that displays the size as inches. However the Excel image size menu shows the size in centimeters. How do I make it display as inches? Grouge This is a Windows OS setting, not an Excel setting. You would go to Windows Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Regional Options tab>Customize and set the "measurement system" to U.S. This option will affect all programs. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:51:04 -0800, Grouge <Grouge@discussions.microsoft.c...

option "send picture with messages"
Hi ... where can i find the "send picture with messages" option in MS Oulook 2007 ? in Outlook Express you can find this option send picture with messages" in Tools -> Option -> Send -> HTML Settings -> send picture with messages option .... BUT in Oulook 2007 i couldn't find it .. so canyou please where can find it .. Thank You That is a registry only option now. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

Office Icons - tweaking and saving
The icons provided when installing Office leave, shall we say "something left to whish for" ... Which leaves me with the task of editing them. I make several toolbars, global and local, full of macros, each one with a separate icon (no text - takes to much space). In order to successfully separate these icons I need to make if not unique at least different. It’s tedious and mundane, but once done - I'm happy again. That is until the computer crashes... Is there not a program, or something, that lets me save and by all means, retrieve these icons? I use the...

Office Picture Manager e-mail option greyed out
Hello, Using the Office Picture Manager, I select a picture, then select e-mail pictures. Within this pop up on the right hand side, i am supposed to be able to Attach, Display as previewed, and then create message. Only thing is all of the selections are grayed out and nothing can be selected. Questions are, Is Picture Manager hard coded to use Outlook or Outlook Express only? Are there any registry settings which might be massaged to point to another e-mail program? Thanks ...

Save as Message Rules...Oh the Pain!
Does anyone know how to use message rules in Outlook 2003 to do a "save as" on a message? I want to export a message if it meets certain criteria. I'm sure I could do it with Outlook 6. What do I need to do? Does anyone have a script that will work? It could be done with VBA code, but you haven't said what format you want to use to save the message or where you want to save it or how you have to handle messages with duplicate file names. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developer...

Last Saved Date #3
Excel 2003 In Word 2003 it is possible to insert a field that will show the date and time that the document was last saved. I have been trying to find something similar for Excel that I can insert as part of a custom footer, or at least in a cell somewhere on the page. How can I get the date and time of the last save to show in an Excel file? --Tom To place in a footer.................. Sub foot_date() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Last Saved : " & _ Format(ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time"), _ "yyyy-...

Save as web page, but still have spreadsheet functionality
how do i do this. whe i go to save as web page, there is no box i can click but interactivity and the software im using (certiport mous practice test) tells me it is wrong ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ no one knows how to do this. I know someone does ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Saving Header
How does one save a header or footer in Word 2007? Also is it possible to show page # inthe margin on even and odd pages? Go to the Insert tab of the ribbon and in the Header & Footer section, use the Header, Footer or Page Number pulldowns. Alternatively, if you double click in the area above your text at the top of the page, it will open the header pane and display the ribbon Header & Footer Tools Design tab. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ori...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...