save e-mail on server

Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced"
setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off.  How do I
get this setting to permanently stay activated?
0
Travelor (1)

Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did
where.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced"
> setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off.  How do
> get this setting to permanently stay activated?

0
Roady

sbs 2008 prem and SQL on one server
Hi Is it possible to install SBS 2008 premium and also SQL on the same server?? is's a small network (5 users) but one programm is used by 1 person and sometimes 2. It's now running on a sbs 2003 and sql, and works ok. it is not a heavy programm. are there any issues to look out for? hope that anyone can give an answer with this info. regards marc I strongly recommend against it. The SQL engine is already used on the SBS server to power features behind the scenes. Done improperly and you break that integration. At best, you are taxing the resources of the server....

mail access temp. suspended
My boss is having her e-mails blocked. SBC is telling her that it's a problem with the anti-virus software (Norton.) When we disable the virus software, the e- mails go. I have the same updates she has, and it appears the same settings, and I am not having any trouble. The only difference between us is that my Norton Systmworks version is 2003, hers is 2002. The message she gets is "### 4.7.7 Mail access temporarily suspended for ##.##.###.###**BCMI**pimout5" Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss is having he...

Mail small popup box
I'm receiving mail on two computers from a remote server running Windows XP, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer 7 Windows Vista, Windows Mail, Internet Explorer 8 With XP the mail opens with MS Outlook but with Vista it opens in a small popup window which is difficult to read. Can Vista open the mail with Outlook. Thanks Bengy Sure. Install Outlook on the Vista computer, if you have a license. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "Bengy" <Bengy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2F68...

Clients loosing connection to server
I have an Exchange 2003 server running in a Windows 2003 AD domain. Starting a week ago, all of my clients will periodically loose the connection to the server. In some cases, the connection will be lost and then it will reconnect, then several minutes later, the connection is lost again. When this is happening, if you close Outlook, you can not get back in because it can't find the Exchange server. I work for a school district and the Exchange server is at one location, but we have eight other sites connecting to the Exchange server and the problem seems to be happening at all ...

Tracking Logs - Front End & Back End Server
We are analyzing tracking logs of various Exchange 2000 servers using Third party tools. One observation has been found that the tracking logs reports result for Back End servers just displays statistics for emails sent and received between Internal Users ONLY. Even tried checking through Access queries against the files, it displays statistics about Internal Users only. Whereas when the report is run against Front End server, YES, you are getting Reports for Internet Senders and Recipients. Therefore, is there any way by which, we can run the tool against Tracking Logs of Back End se...

Frequent mail to list
Outlook 2003 has a useful tool, whereby i type the first letter or 2 of the person i want to send to and a list of frequent people pop up. I use this all the time, it's great! BUT if i log out i lose the list. Is there a way to keep this list ? San Mikus <San Mikus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 has a useful tool, whereby i type the first letter or 2 > of the person i want to send to and a list of frequent people pop up. > I use this all the time, it's great! BUT if i log out i lose the > list. Is there a way to keep this list ? This is a sign ...

E-mail attachment too large
I attached too many photos to an e-mail and Outlook cannot send it, but keeps trying; the e-mail is "stuck" in the Outbox and will not let me delete it. How do I delete this e-mail? shotgunner wrote: > I attached too many photos to an e-mail and Outlook cannot send it, but keeps > trying; the e-mail is "stuck" in the Outbox and will not let me delete it. > How do I delete this e-mail? Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). - Exit Outlook. - Load Outlook in its...

Exchange 2003 virtual servers and also smarthosts
Maybe I am missing something very obvious but I cant find a way to get the IMAP4 and POP3 Virtual servers to start on boot automatically. The services start fine. Anyone help? Another issue I have is that I am running a Exchange 2003 server (standard ed) from a cablemodem account which has technically got a dynamic ip address (however it hardly ever changes). Anyway SORBS DUL has therefore got me listed in the Dyanmic IP section of their DUHL, and because if this mail servers that use this list reject mail from my server. There seems to be no way I can get a static ip address so the next appr...

SMTP Server #4
Hi, I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2. My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this: "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail loop. ..." Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check in my server? Thanks, Elizabeth Are these messages for local recipients? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &qu...

Mail pane freezes
No matter how I switch between panes, the Mail pane on the right remains frozen. Using "Go" menu or shortcut keys don't seem to help. How do I correct this? ...

Windows e-mail
Is it possible to include BCC (blind copy) when I send an email? I only see To: and CC: This newsgroup is intended for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Are you trying to send e-mail using Access? If so, are you using the SendObject command (which does support bcc), or are you using some other approach? If you're not using Access, I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using. I see that this question was posted using Windows Mail, so you may want to check out microsof...

Migrating from 2000 server to 2008 server
I am going to be migrating a client from Server 2000 which is running in worgroup mode with no AD to a full AD Server 2008 setup. They have about 20 PC's they will need to be connected to the new domain. What is the quickest and easiest way to join all the PC's and recreate the user profiles so everything looks the same when the user logs in?? They have been using thier current setup for a few years and some have large profiles with large .PST files that will need to 'transferred' to the new profile. I want to make quick and easy on me but also make it seamles...

Renaming E-Mail Account
One of my users got married so she has a new lastname in her e-mail account. How can I update my user accounts to accomodate this? Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO Right click the user in AD User and Computer and select Email Addresses Tab. I would make the new married name address Primary and her old address a secondary so she can still receive mail for both accounts. Then remove the old email address after about 30 days. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1423...

mail merging to Publisher from excel
I am trying mail merge information from Excel into Publisher. I get a message that reads: "The data source you have chosen contains more than one worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the worksheet or table that contains the information you want to merge." I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the title bar. Didn't work. I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work Help I'm bushed - and a bit brain fried today so what I would do would be to save another copy of the Excel file as a different name, delete the unwanted worksheets, and try importing ...

Deleting Duplicate Outlook e-mail messages
Can someone please suggest a good method of deleting dupe e-mail messages in various Outlook 2003 folders (besides, doing so manually)? There are a variety of de-duplicators (including our own at http://www.lbetoolbox.com/). Just do a google for outlook deduplicator. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace, send newsletters "G Schrott&q...

Help... File Not Saved
I am using Office 97 and Win XP Pro SR2. I have a spreadsheet that I use to track monthly expenditures. Every month I make a copy of the most recent worksheet carry the balance forward and delete the entries from the previous month and name the new worksheet according to the current month. Therefore I have a workbook that has several worksheets, one for each month as a tab on bottom of page. After copying the worksheet for this month, and making the updates, I clicked save and I receive the error message <File Not Saved>. I've tried renaming the file and even copied it to a d...

Mail Merge #16
While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. AVDONDE Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from GC Publisher <GC Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I > selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got > an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. a) Try updating your MDAC...

Transferring mail files (dbx) from outlook express to outlook
Recently upgraded computer and need to transfer old mail in outlook express, .dbx files, to MS Outlook. How do I do that? Does OE currently recognize them? If so, you can use OE's File menu > Export command(s) "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c3a3d4$e1f770f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Recently upgraded computer and need to transfer old mail > in outlook express, .dbx files, to MS Outlook. How do I > do that? ...

problem with windows live mail desktop and messenger crashing
Greetings all, For the past month or so I've been having problems with live mail and messenger crashing. Live mail will usually crash following my authenticating the first time, though most of the time I will be able to successfully sign in without it crashing if I launch it from Live messenger. Live messenger seems to crash whenever I try to message someone too. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but this doesn't help. On searching for answers here I've tried a few things like looking for programs I've installed that may create clashes since the pro...

keystroke for sending mail...
I'm a recent migrant from Thunderbird (company imposed) After opening up a contact window, I want a simple keystroke (like ctrl-m) to send mail to that contact. It looks like my only options now are alt-a-m (alt, actions, mail) or moving my hand to the mouse to click on the new message button. I thought I could record a macro and assign it to a keystroke but it appears that Outlook does not have a Macro record function. Any suggestions? TIA, Mark Click on tools, macor, and then Visual Basic Editor Create a new Module. You can keep the default name of Module1, but I recommed you c...

I'm trying to load XML to SQL SERVER But after executing the *.*vbs code below i get the error:- ActiveX can't create object :- SQLXMLBUlkLoad. Why? Am i misssing something! ** And what are the best ways to do this..can anybody forward me samples in .NET!! Set objBL = CreateObject("SQLXMLBulkLoad.SQLXMLBulkLoad.2.0") objBL.ConnectionString ="provider=SQLOLEDB.1;data source=devpc1;database=Wintergreen;integrated security=true;" objBL.ErrorLogFile = "c:\error.log" objBL.Execute "c:\customermapping.xml", "c:\customers.xml" Set objBL = ...

Date problems with e-connect com+
Hi, Our server's date is set as mm-dd-yy, client's are dd-mm-yyyy. Everything that goes through e-connect com+ will produce data like 6-1-2006 instead of 1-6-2006 (mm-dd-yyyy). It used to be working fine but somehow it is changed. How can we fix this problem? -- Thanks in advance, Susanna ...

Uninstall
Hi, I just uninstalled this along with the CRmserver (needed to perform a fresh install). When I tried to re-install the CRM I had the message about requiring to configure APS.NET and/or the .NET framework before installing. As this was a VMimage, I just reverted back to the snapshot before I uninstalled it and continued without removing it. Has anyone had a similar problem or any advice other than dont remove it? Thanks Mike This wont really help much but, we have had one site that was not able to install the above update as well as another update rollup. Other sites have bee...

Can't import .pst file saved previously
When I retired I saved my .pst file to a CD, along with the .ost file, whatever that is, so I could install it on my home computer. I have tried to import it from the CD, and I get the message: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". And when I close the window I get: "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file G:\etc\xxx.pst How can I import my .pst file and see all those congratulation e-mails on my retirement? Thanks bh Copy the file back to your harddisk and remove the "Read Only" f...

New E-Mail Account
How do I set up a new email account? Typically you would follow the directions from your mail provider. If that is Bellsouth/AT&T, start here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?wtSlotClick=3D1-002HEW-0-1&sid=3D= KB401738 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Carol" <jimmyncarolthomp@bellsouth.net> wrote in message = news:%23urw%23x3rKHA.728@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do I set up a new email account? "Carol" <jimmyncarolthomp@bellsouth.net> wrote in message ...