Save as .doc

In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc.
is there setting that can be turned on to allow this?
0
REBeyer (2)

REBeyer wrote:
> In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc.
> is there setting that can be turned on to allow this?

Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word
doc, though.

0
lanwench (7567)
2/3/2005 1:46:18 AM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> REBeyer wrote:
> > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc.
> > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this?
>
> Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word
> doc, though.

Since you can use Word as your email editor, this just adds another step. I
have been saving emails from a number of group as .docs for a number of years
another anoyance.

0
REBeyer (2)
2/3/2005 4:15:01 AM
REBeyer wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> REBeyer wrote:
>>> In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc.
>>> is there setting that can be turned on to allow this?
>>
>> Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as
>> a Word doc, though.
>>

> Since you can use Word as your email editor, this just adds another
> step. I have been saving emails from a number of group as .docs for a
> number of years another anoyance.

I don't know of another way, sorry. You might want to search
www.slipstick.com, or google.

0
lanwench (7567)
2/3/2005 3:11:56 PM
To LanWench,

I tried it with several documents in Outlook XP (2002). It seems that
REBeyer may be able to save as a Word Doc, if the message was in HTML or RTF
format. Messages in Plain Text can only be saved in plain text format.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> REBeyer wrote:

> >> Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as
> >> a Word doc, though.
> >>

> > Since you can use Word as your email editor, this just adds another
> > step. I have been saving emails from a number of group as .docs for a
> > number of years another anoyance.
>
> I don't know of another way, sorry. You might want to search
> www.slipstick.com, or google.

0
RFG314 (1)

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Saving Graphics in Outlook 2000
I belong to a graphics group and from time to time would like to save graphics that come in email. When I right click>save picture as> I get a ..bmp option to save and would prefer to save as either a jpg or a gif. If I manually type in .gif, I loose the animation. Is it possible to save a graphic in the format that it was inserted in the email? Thanks for the help. I have exactly the same problem with Outlook. AND deleting the "ofline content" does not work at all. Can anyone help on this one. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from htt...

Error: ".....doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The file sent to me seems to be a 97 to 2004 version. I cannot understand why there would be any difficulty in opening a previous version document of word in mac 2008. I have tried changing the .doc file to a .docx but it doesn't work. Hoping for some help, thanks. How are you "changing" the file if you can't open it? Simply altering the extension does *not* change the file type & makes matters worse by misinforming the program as to what type of file it actually is. Make sure your...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Saving
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? Thanks, John Which version? On 9/05/08 4:41 AM, in article ee9ae38.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Full_Bloom@officeformac.com" <Full_Bloom@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole > powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? > Thanks, > John -- ...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Which files to save to save the whole OS design?
Hi, I am not sure which files I need to save to be able to rebuild the whole OS design later or on another PC. I read that I don't need to save everything in my OS design folder. But is the solution file and the *.pbxml enough? Thank you for any help Martin Yes.Only .sln and .pbxml files are enough to rebuild your OSDesign folder in another PC. If you have any subprojects created on it then you need to backup the whole subproject folder. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "Martin M" <MartinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

save to sub folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel As previous PC user my documents are organized in several layers of folder (folder - sub folder - sub sub folder, etc) When I tried to save email atachement I can only get into the main folder (can not get into sub folder or sub sub folder). Same problem occur when I create a new file (excel, word or PW) when I do 'save as' I can not chose the specific folder that I want to. Any advice? Many thanks Paulina Welcome to the Mac! This is actually an Apple thing, not an Office thing, so remember it--you might run ...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Saving data to Jpeg or gif
I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. I have tried copying the data and pasting into "Paint" and then saving as an image. This works...but some data disappears in the strangest way. Very strange. All of the data gets copied but some is missing when you look at the image. Does anybody know a simple way to save Excel data as an image ? Thanks, Grinch Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images: http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm Grinch wrote: > I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. ...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...

How can I get an attachment in Outlook 2007 to save?
I have a few people, who when trying to save an attachment, get a message "Cannot save the attachment." This extends over different files (doc, xls, pdf). There ends up a Zero byte file, where they were trying to save. I tested to see if it was something like the Outlook Temporary folder problem - When a file is opened 99 times, in Outlook, the file can no longer be saved, until you find the Hidden OLKxxxx (or similar) file, that you had to go to Regedit to find. I removed ALL files from this folder. But, problem still there. People using Ms-Office 2007 Professional, wi...

Can't Save As .gif
When I right click on a .gif file that has been sent to me in Outlook 2003 I only have the option to save as .bmp. If I then sent the E-mail to myself and open with Outlook Express I have the option to save as .gif or .bmp when it is right clicked. What do I have set wrong in Outlook 2003? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Roger D. Thompson" <rdtthompson@yahoo.com>...

Saving Selected Cells to a Text File w/o using a VBA script
I am trying to save only a range of cells in a worksheet to a tab-delimited text file. I have seen entries posted in this discussion group and have implemented a VBA script (based on some recommnedations posted) that does what I need to do. But my question is: Is there a way to save only a selected portion of a worksheet within a workbook to a text file? (i.e., NOT the entire worksheet, just a selection of cells). Thanks for any help you can give. Hi without VBA not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "patm" <patm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

File Save Properties
Does anyone know how to access the properties for the last date/time an .xls file was saved within VBA? Thanks. D Hi Daniel, Dim dateLastSave As Date dateLastSave = FileDateTime(ThisWorkbook.Name) MsgBox dateLastSave Note: ThisWorkbook.Name can be replaced with the name of the workbook in double quotes and it can be any other workbook as well as the current one. However, will need to include the path if it is not in the current default path. Example (In current default path): dateLastSave = FileDateTime("My Other workbook.xls") -- Regards, Oss...

Save file problem
When I open an Excel file,1 is added to the file,so when I tray just to save it ,the save as window comes up with 1 added to the file. Please help ! Thank You This is the default behavior when working with templates (*.xlt). If you're opening a template, then this is the way it should work. If you're working with plain old workbooks, then maybe ... Does this happen when you open a *.xls file by doubleclicking on it in windows explorer? If you shift-rightclick on the file (in windows explorer), you'll see a bunch of options. There should be an Open and a New included in that...

Save option on close
Hi, Can someone help me to stop the pop up box if a document has changed and you hit close it appears with a message box do you want to save changes, I am looking to stop this pop up, is there a macro to stop this from happening so the document just closes without asking to save. Many thanks Mark So you _want_ to lose all the changes you worked on all day? On May 27, 4:41=A0pm, terilad <teri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can someone help me to stop the pop up box if a document has changed and = you > hit close it appears with a messag...