running outlook 7 in vista non-administrator user accounts

office outlook 7 in vista, will only run one time after each startup, in the
user account that is not the adminstrator account. after that it will not
run,it will run multiple times in the administrator account. i have disabeled
user account control,firewalls,and virus scanner,but it does not help. any
thoughts?
--
roch
0

do you get any errors? is it still running in task manager, processes tab
after you close it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"roch" <roch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> office outlook 7 in vista, will only run one time after each startup, in
> the
> user account that is not the adminstrator account. after that it will not
> run,it will run multiple times in the administrator account. i have
> disabeled
> user account control,firewalls,and virus scanner,but it does not help. any
> thoughts?
> --
> roch

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/2/2009 5:00:11 PM
it does not show up in task manager at all if i run it from the desktop or
word. but word will not let me close because it says that mail is running
even though i see no evidence of that in task manager.--
roch

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> do you get any errors? is it still running in task manager, processes tab
> after you close it?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "roch" <roch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > office outlook 7 in vista, will only run one time after each startup, in
> > the
> > user account that is not the adminstrator account. after that it will not
> > run,it will run multiple times in the administrator account. i have
> > disabeled
> > user account control,firewalls,and virus scanner,but it does not help. any
> > thoughts?
> > --
> > roch

0
roch (3)
1/2/2009 5:13:01 PM
at the bottom of the processes tab is an option to show processes of all
users - see if something else has it open.

--

> it does not show up in task manager at all if i run it from the desktop or
> word. but word will not let me close because it says that mail is running
> even though i see no evidence of that in task manager.--
> roch
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> do you get any errors? is it still running in task manager, processes tab
>> after you close it?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "roch" <roch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > office outlook 7 in vista, will only run one time after each startup,
>> > in
>> > the
>> > user account that is not the adminstrator account. after that it will
>> > not
>> > run,it will run multiple times in the administrator account. i have
>> > disabeled
>> > user account control,firewalls,and virus scanner,but it does not help.
>> > any
>> > thoughts?
>> > --
>> > roch

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/2/2009 8:05:48 PM
you are right! outlook is "hung" in the non-administrative account.only when
i end the outlook task from the proceses tab, will outlook send out the
previous e-mail and then open up a fresh screen for the new e-mail. how do i
stop this from happening?
--
roch

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> at the bottom of the processes tab is an option to show processes of all
> users - see if something else has it open.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "roch" <roch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > it does not show up in task manager at all if i run it from the desktop or
> > word. but word will not let me close because it says that mail is running
> > even though i see no evidence of that in task manager.--
> > roch
> >

> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> do you get any errors? is it still running in task manager, processes tab
> >> after you close it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
> >> your
> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >>

> >> "roch" <roch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
roch (3)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Running average
Hi Guys, Been struggling a bit on this so a pointer would be great. Just a simple example would do.. tableA with two fields "Startdate" and "Amount" now i need a running average in the query which would give me the following output: [Startdate] - [amount] - [average] 1-1-2010 - 100 - 100 2-1-2010 - 50 - 75 3-1-2010 - 60 - 70 So in the average column the last value should be the average of the sum of the previous records and the current records (being the average of the total). I know that the fieldnames are...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Administrative Groups
I have 2 Administrative groups with a Exchange 2003 Server in each group. One group is on the other side of campus and is controlled by their Exchange Server Tech. I have delegated control of my server to myself. There are also users from the other server that do not belong in my server and would like to remove them. The problem is, that when I go to remove them it will not , because the user or group is inherited from the organization. How can I remove them from my server and yet not remove them from their server? It sounds like that if I remove them from the orgainization that they wi...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

Exchange 2007 across account search