Rules window disappears in less than 1 second

I just installed Outlook 2003 and now when I click on
Rules the Rules dialog ox pops up for less that 1 second
and then disappears not allowing any entry into it for
editing and or setting up a rule.   Any Ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

SMTPSVC Event ID:2012 after applying Service Pack 1
After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Can we see the description also? "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple > warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The description is the following: SMTP could not connect to the DNS s...

Windows mail
I have a big mails data which I wan to use by window mail with regular use. But WML don't support me this way. I import mails but incoming mails are in other inbox. How can I set my mails with regular base? How can save them at my desired locate(I already have mail in that forlder)? Thanks. Chand When you import messages, they are placed in the Imported Messages folder. You can select the messages, and drag them into another folder if you wish. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Chand" <Chand@discussions.micr...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

Store.exe constantly accessing C:\Windows\Temp...
Can anyone explain why store.exe is constantly accessing the C:\Windows\Temp folder on my server, which is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2? Here is a FileMon trace log of the activity : 76 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Open Directory Access: All 77 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 DIRECTORY C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: {712B4379-1B91-4610-8D57-58ABDE130475}WIN32READ.dat 78 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 CLOSE C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS 79 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Ope...

window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document returns error in CRM
Hi All, I need a little help here. I have an application which needs to be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I have a page in which i have two frames. The frame on the LHS(MyFrame) of the screen contains my application page and the RHS is the CRM page. I have added a button in the CRM page onclick of which i call a function. In this function i try to access a resource in MyFrame. When i do an alert on window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'], it returns an object. But when i try window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document there is an error. How can i access an element in my applicat...

Formula to copy related information from sheet 1 to sheet 2
Hello guys, I hope you'll can help me. i have the information below in sheet 1. i need the information to be filtered, copy and paste in sheet 2 according to the month. example. if october, i need all information for the month of october to be copy and past from column A, B, C sheet 1 to column A, B, C sheet 2 please help. A B C Serial Number Quantities (Kilos) Date 8.1122 539,470 22/10/2009 8.1122 403,697 22/10/2009 8.1122 643,710 05/11/2009 8.1122...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

ANN: Windows Media Player Plus!
I would like to announce the release of Windows Media Player Plus!, a free plug-in that offers the following enhancements/improvements for WMP: * Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for WMP's Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on WMP 12 too, where the Advanced Tag Editor has been removed. * Real 'find as you type' in the library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first. * Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within WMP. * Restore last active playlist, media item, and pl...

Server Side Rules Setup
I would like to setup rules on the Exchange server that will impact a number of shared mailboxes (accessible to all our customer service users). I can't find any rule tools in Exchange, so I was wondering if the Outlook tools can be used? If yes, please provide an example of how this is done. Thanks, RS On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:22:03 -0700, "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to setup rules on the Exchange server that will impact a number >of shared mailboxes (accessible to all our customer service users). I can't >find any rule t...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

Backup Exec 9.1. Where is public folder backup located?
Hi All, Using BackUp Exec 9.1 SP1 on an SBS2k Server. I was reviewing my backup selections in a new installation of BE and noticed that under the selection "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I only see "Internet Newsgroups." Where is my public calendar? But I see the "Public Folder Store" under "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". In addition, I also see the "Mailbox Store" under the same group of "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". Is this by design? Has it always be...

Junk Mail Filter Rule
Is there a way I can set up a rule that looks for an attachment, "DELETED.TXT", for the email and the attachment to be deleted. (So far I find a rule that searches for an attachment but it just looks for any and all.) TIA What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RFJ asked: | Is there a way I can set up a rule that looks for...

Windows XP Snipping Tool
There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp Home Edition. Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. http://microsoft-snipping-tool.software.informer.com/ Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. Why are you trying to install a program that was written for Windows Vista and Windows 7 into Windows XP? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool There are LOADS of free screen capture utilities...

System Time Range on WIndows
Hi All, Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. what i could get it start is as per UTC since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Please correct if i am wrong? rgds, Ritu >Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. There are several time formats - which one are you referring to? The main one is FILETIME - which is an unsigned 64-bit value that represents the number of 100-nanosecond units since the 1'st January 1601. The other commonly used format is SYSTEMTIME, which is a time structure limited s...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Conversion_de_donn=E9es_textes_en_nombre?=
Bonjour, J'ai fait un copier-coller d'un tableau sur le Net dans une feuille excel 2007. Ces donn�es sont reconnues comme du texte, comment faire pour qu'elles soient converties en nombre. Avec une version pr�c�dente �a marchait tr�s bien avec "collage sp�cial>multiplication". Mais avec 2007 �a semble ne pas fonctionner. Avez-vous des id�es? Merci pour votre aide. Alain CTRL-H Rechercher ALT-0160 Remplacer par "" et apres (seulement pour �tre s�r) "collage sp�cial-multiplication" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "A...

Permanent delete with rule
Hi, Just before going out of the office for a long period I would like to install a rule to forward some message to a colleague and then delete it permanently. I made some tests and I was surprised such a rule is only working as a client rule !!! Is it normal? Any workarorund possible ? Thanks for help. Christian ...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Windows Help
I had trouble getting the ‘Windows Help Troubleshooter ‘ to operate.. I think it could have been after I went to MS Windows Update an downloaded an update. I sought help re this and received a substitute program ‘tshoot. exe. This worked OK for a while but now it has spat the dummie At C:\Windows\HELP I still have the Tshoot. exe file but all it does when I open it is to bring up the corrupted program. Is there a way to get the Windows Trouble Shooter working again? Hi this is an Excel newsgroup :-) So you may better ask this in the general Windows newsgroup -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

Why do series names on charts disappear when re-opening excel?
I have set up some bar charts in excel to display the series names and values of each series. However, when I close the application and re-open it, the series names are gone. I have checked the chart options, and the series name box is still checked. How do I fix this? Thanks ...

Get Window Pixel
Hello: I have a pixel on the screen that I'm trying to obtain the color. The pixel is found in a static control, which is a class derived from CStatic. class CReflectColorWnd : public CStatic I've tried many ways to obtain the pixel, but I cannot attain the COLORREF of the pixel. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me. I've tried the following in the paint handler. void CReflectColorWnd::OnPaint() { CStatic::OnPaint(); // Call original paint CClientDC dc(this); CBitmap bm; bm.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, 100, 100); CDC memDC; memDC...