Rules-Outlook 2003-"on this machine only"

When I specify that I want to send a copy of all messages that I send in a
specific account...i get the added cindition "on this machine only".  I copy
my pst file from machine a and b...I uderstand that I have to check to be
sure that all rules are active after I copy from machine...but how do I get
away from this unselected condition.  Exactly the same thing happens when I
specify that all messages that are received  via a specific account be sent
to a folder.

0
ajbehr (8)

Rules-Outlook 2003-"on this machine only"
When I specify that I want to send a copy of all messages that I send in a specific account...i get the added cindition "on this machine only". I copy my pst file from machine a and b...I uderstand that I have to check to be sure that all rules are active after I copy from machine...but how do I get away from this unselected condition. Exactly the same thing happens when I specify that all messages that are received via a specific account be sent to a folder. ...

On This Machine Only
Everytime I create a rule from a message, it automatically selects "On This Machine Only" - however, the ending result is, that the rule doesn't work. How can I reset this, so that it [On This Machine Only] is NOT automatically selected? Mike Are you working on an Exchange account or POP3? Version of Outlook? Exact rule that you try to create? Any more rules configured? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "magmike" <mike.kl...

Explanation of "on this machine only" in rules
Hi Group In rules and alerts, the option exists to apply rules "on this machine only". Does this have any significance or use for a POP mail user? Tia Chris Chris <ChrisNortonRemove@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > In rules and alerts, the option exists to apply rules "on this machine > only". Does this have any significance or use for a POP mail user? For a POP user, it probably has no significance. -- Brian Tillman On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:00:47 -0500, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >Chris <ChrisNortonRemove@hotmail.co.uk&...

Mail Rules: "on this machine only"
I use Outlook 2003. I have several rules to sort incoming mail. What effect does the condition "on this machine only" have on incoming mail? Thank you. Bill Sam Fertel <None@nononone.com> wrote: > I use Outlook 2003. I have several rules to sort incoming mail. What > effect does the condition "on this machine only" have on incoming > mail? It means it's a client-side rule and will run only when Outlook is open on that specific computer. Some rules can be server-side rules when you use Outlook in conjunction with Exchange. In that case, the rule c...

"On this machine only"
When I create a rule from an open message, the Rules Wizard automatically activates the "On this machine only" option. When I view/edit the rule from the Tools menu, it shows the rule applies "(For other machine)". If I leave the option activated, the rule doesn't work on my computer First of all, to get a resulf of "For other machine" when "On this machine only" is selected seems contridictory to me. Can anyone logically explain what is going on here Woody bseldon@hotmail.com ...

Rules: "and on this machine only"??
OL 2003 What's "and on this machine only" do in a rule? Thanks. Ken "Ken Isaacson" <No Spam> wrote in message news:%23YHEKsO7EHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > OL 2003 > > What's "and on this machine only" do in a rule? > > Thanks. > Ken > > Prevents running the rule when a user wanders to a different machine and logs on over there under their own username on the same domain. That's my understanding of it. Stuff like that can often be found by searching Microsoft's own support knowledgebase site (http://su...