Rules not working after profile change

1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox.

2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window
no
longer work.

3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name
iin Wizard's first screen.

4. "On this Machine' is checked in options.

Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them?

Thanks.

Alan

0
ascharf (20)

Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag,
or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Alan Z. Scharf" <ascharf@grapevines.com> wrote in message
> 1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox.
>
> 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window
> no
> longer work.
>
> 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name
> iin Wizard's first screen.
>
> 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options.
>
> Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alan

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/29/2005 2:29:14 PM
Alan Z. Scharf <ascharf@grapevines.com> wrote:

> Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining
> them?

Have you tried exporting and reimporting them?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Thanks for your replies.

I was able to uncheck For This Machine Only in the present profile, and that
seemed to work.

Regards,

Alan

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only'
tag,
> or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Alan Z. Scharf" <ascharf@grapevines.com> wrote in message
> > 1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in
Outbox.

> > 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert
window
> > no
> > longer work.
> >
> > 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule
Name
> > iin Wizard's first screen.
> >
> > 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Alan

0
ascharf (20)

Paste Special Changes Content
Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Past Special, a group of rows within the same workbook. When I do, all the empty cells are populated with zeros. I am using Windows 200 and Office XP. Thanks in advance, Bill When you paste special|Links, you end up with a formula like: =x99 If x99 is empty, then excel will show a 0. But you can change your formula to look like this: =if(x99="","",x99) (if x99 is empty, then make the cell look empty, else just show what's in x99.) Bill wrote: > > Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Pas...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

no change pivot item.
i want to can not change pivotitems in the pivotfields. namely pivotitems restircted. How can I do in VBA? *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Change Source Campaign on Invoice and Order
I need to change the Source Campaign on an Invoice and an Order but the field is locked. I tried to enable the field on the form but still cannot make changes. Any ideas beyond direct edit of DB? ...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

Auto Filter not working
I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable to activate the Auto Filter function on a list. The filter buttons simply do not appear! Does anybody have any idea why this might happen?? Thanks, Chris J Is the worksheet protected? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Chris Jenkins" <jenkins4308@freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bf9p58$app$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable > t...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Populating work sheet combox with another work sheet values
Hi All, I have a combox in my sheet(1) which i want to populate with values present in sheet(2). I can populate combox in sheet(1) by setting the "ListFillrange"property to the required ranges in the sheet(1) (assume in coulmn A i have values from A1: A5) But i am unable to populate same combox with sheet(2) values(assume in sheet(2) C column i have set of values from C1: C10). I want to populate without using any macros. Can anyone Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sj...

conditional formatting not working in every cell
I have a worksheet that has conditional formatting set for an grade that is below 95 to turn red. The total worksheet has 160 entries and the formatting works on most of the cells except 4 vells show a grade of 95 and its in red. There are several other cells that are at 95 and are not red. I did a paste special across the worksheet, I have also tried to change the cell itself and I still get the same problem. Any way to fix this? Is it possible that your CF refers to the cell above or below the actua cell? i.e conditional formatting in B2 looks in B1 or B3 Something to look into. Re...

gridlines from excel not working?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. what do i need to do to make them visible? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is t...

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

Select Working TV Signal
Hey peeps, I've been looking for an answer to this problem for a couple weeks, done lots of google searches and searched around these forums to see if my question had already been answered.. as far as I can see it has not been. If it has, please point me to a link. thanks. PROBLEM Can not get Media Center TV Setup (win7) to see STB signal. The STB itself is a Scientific America with 1xCoaxial in, and 1xCoaxial out. *NO* RCA/COMPOSITE/HDMI. It is connected to the computer from the Coaxial out to the antenna in on my Hauppauge PVR-150 It asks me if I have a set-top box. ...

Money 2005 Standard edition, upgrade to deluxe did not work
I purchased Money 2005 standard edition and then downloaded the upgrade to deluxe online. It didn't upgrade, and I can't redownload the upgrade since it was a one time download. I've tried calling support but hung up after an hour. Please help! kyoung The trial version may still appear in the About Microsoft Money topic on the Help menu after you upgrade to Money 2005 Deluxe: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 The main points are: Make sure you are signing into Money with the same Passport you used to purchase the upgrade, AND reboot your computer....

Auditing form on record change
HI, I have a form with multiple fields that I want to track changes to. I was able to create a auditing trail when users click on particular buttons however if they dont click on the buttons the auditing does not occur. What I am wanting to do is to run the audit when a user changes to a new record. I have tried the "on current" and "before update" but they didnt work. Any suggestions? Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

Outlook 2002 and roaming profiles
I am trying to set up roaming profiles using Windows xp and the xp standard office suite (which includes Outlook 2002). I keep reading materials that suggest that this causes series problems with Outlook profiles since the local settings folder in the roaming profiles doesn't roam with the user. I am hoping for detailed explanation of this problem and possible solutions or resources where I can look for more information. Thanks. the local settings directory doesn't roam, so any files located here don't roam. outlook will save pst and offline files (ost) here by default (...

VBA Script stops working
What would cause my vba mods to just stop working after several months? I wrote a script to make the user-defined fields in Sales Transaction Entry required. Based it off of the sample script in the knowledgebase. Had to do a workaround because the transaction screen is an Alternate Window from Certitax. I set up the reference between the Certitax Alternate Sales Trx window and the GP User Defined window. Everything was working fine - for a while... One user that had the vba mod told me a couple weeks ago that her script stopped working. Since she wasn't doing sales order entry, ...

out account keeps changing
im having an odd problem with outlook express in windows 98 and xp home on computers sharing an internet connection. in accounts the incomping server keeps changing to localhost and the in username it keeps putting the incoming mail server after the username incoming mail server - localhost username -username/pop3.server.co.uk this is very odd as outlook runs fine on every other computer apart from at my office on the network This is due to your antivirus software, not Outlook. Either disable mail scanning or upgrade to an antivirus program that scans mail more efficiently. Most new prod...