Rules - move mail after I reply

Is there a way that I could set up a rule that an e-mail gets moved to
another folder after I reply to it?  I'm not talking about the resulting
sent item - I want to set it up so that as soon as I send a reply to an
e-mail, the original e-mail gets moved to another folder.  Thanks!

No

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

"Robin" <servicenospam@aronsonpartnership.com> wrote in message
| Is there a way that I could set up a rule that an e-mail gets moved to
| another folder after I reply to it?  I'm not talking about the resulting
| sent item - I want to set it up so that as soon as I send a reply to an
| e-mail, the original e-mail gets moved to another folder.  Thanks!

0
MillyS (3228)

Restrict internal Mail
Hello to all Ng, I've got a question for the thought ones... Here's my problem, one of my clients asked us to create a group to contain some mailbox enabled users. Here come the real pain, this client of ours wants that the memeber of that group, let's say "Restricted Group" can only send mail to other members of that group not allowing send mail to the internet, this is quite easy, or to other users of the Exchange organization, the real pain. I know I could work with permission at mailbox level... quite easy to say impossible to maintain, there is any policy/to...

Move Partial Data from One Column to Another
I am looking for a way to take 5000 lines of data in Excel and take th last 6 digits of the data and move it into another column. For Example: Take the last 6 digits and move to next column Data 1 Data 2 435490870985430984 | 430984 234083209842309820 | 309820 432958739287193872 | 193872 542389034098430945 | 430945 With over 5000 lines to move I need an automated process so that i does not need to be done manually, any help or ideas would be greatl appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are the numbers of the same length (...

Moving SSIS 2005 packages from test to prod.
Hi, in the near future we will be implementing a test environment for our SSIS packages. We would like to be able to minimize the amount of code changes that take place when doing the move from test to production. Is there any funtionality within SSIS 2005 to search and replace the server name and database for an entire package? Or is there a way to parameterize the server name and database so that we just only change the value of the parameter? -- Thanks! - Jim On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:11:16 -0700, jam772 <jam772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, in ...

My outgoing mail is also receiving my incoming mail
My incoming mail no longer goes into my Income folder but in my Outgoing Folder. Katyee wrote: > My incoming mail no longer goes into my Income folder but in my Outgoing > Folder. Outlook doesn't have Income and Outgoing folders. Ask your parents for help. What version of Outlook are you using? You're saying that your new messages are showing up in your Outbox folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

Having trouble sending email from windows mail
This is the error message that I receive when I try and send and email. What does it mean? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Where is the second part of the error message? That is the most important. -- Bruce Hage...

Send Mail failed to send message
Outlook works fine when sending and receiving email via Outlook. However when I use another program (e.e. MS Paint) and click Send, I get an immediate error message, "Send Mail failed to send message". I have checked the registry, Internet options, and Outlook and all locations indicate that Outlook is the default mail program. I am running Office 2003, XP Pro. I do have Mozilla Thunderbird installed and it operates as well. It is NOT the default mail program. Thanks for any suggestions. ...

outlook express, some of my mails don't send
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'silver wedding', Account: 'POP3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are not allowed to send mail to <xxxx@online.no>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 -- The same thing happens with some other messages but not all alan42 Vista doesnt have, or support Outlook Express "alan42" <alan42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAA58D28-224A-4CDB-BE13-73F1CBB272B5@microsoft.com... > An unkn...

How to remove invalid e-mail generation rules?
I have a client which I just migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of the site addressing generation rules got transferred over from 5.5 into 2003 under recipient policies. There is an invalid entry in there that's causing the RUS service to stall. I would like to know how to remove this entry because the remove button is greyed out?? It seems that the remove button is only available if I custom create a new one. what's more perplexing is the fact that if I try to uncheck the entry then click ok, I get an error of "The specified directory service attribute or val...

opening mail
hi, im running vista, and now i cant open incoming mail, other than mail with text only. when i try, a box informs me to "set associations". how do i do that ? Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I'd recommend reposting to a more appropriate newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "colin francis" <colinfrancis@talktalk.net> wrote in message news:OQvdqlcVIHA.1376@TK2MSF...

Outlook 2003 POP3 mail hangs on specific message
Hi, We have some notebooks for users that travel all around the world. They retrieve their email using POP3 from the Exchange 2003 mailserver (SBS 2003). The boss does not want to user RPC over HTTP for mail retrieval so we're bound to POP3/SMTP. When users retrieve their mail, Outlook 2003 (SP2) locks up when Russian spam mails are downloaded. If they use OWA to delete this message, retrieval of the mail works fine. There's no local spamfilter involved and on the notebooks only Sophos Antivirus 7.0.4 is installed. No other anti-spam/anti-virus is installed. What might cause t...

Missing e-mails #4
We are running Windows 200 along with Office 2000 in our office. All of our users are set up to use the exchange server as there repository for e-mails. I have one user who logs on at 2 different locations in our office. When she logs onto one PC her e-mails disapear from the other. After she reads them she can no longer find them at either location. I fear that she may have lost them for good but I am hoping there is a way to retieve them. Hi Pete, Check the delivery location for her mail on both machines, it sounds like the mail is being deliverd to a .PST file on one machine, ...

Blank e-mails #3
we have been receiving e-mails that have no date, no subject and no content. Our ISP says that this is an Outlook Express problem and to search support. We can't find anything? Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > we have been receiving e-mails that have no date, no > subject and no content. Our ISP says that this is an > Outlook Express problem and to search support. > We can't find anything? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Try REGSVR32 INETCOMM.DLL at a command line prompt. -- Brian Tillman ...

outlook times out sending e-mail
When sending e-mail, my outlook says it is send 5 messages when I have none in my outbox. Any new messages sit in the out box and will no send. I have the newest Norton Antivirus. A virus scanrequest pops up during the send cycle, bu is too quick and I can't see the message. any ideas?? R. MELAND <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When sending e-mail, my outlook says it is send 5 messages > when I have none in my outbox. Any new messages sit in the > out box and will no send. I have the newest Norton > Antivirus. A virus scanrequest pops up during the s...

i am not able to receive any mails whenever a mail is cced me
Hi I am not able to receive any mails in outlook07, whenever a mail is CCed me. Could u please guide me on this.. Thanks Manoj So, mail items sent directly to you are received OK but items where you're CC'd don't? "Not able receive mails in outlook" <Not able receive mails in outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5759F2F7-6667-436B-A804-27C5BFFBE00F@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am not able to receive any mails in outlook07, whenever a mail is CCed > me. > Could u please guide me on this.. ...

Keyboard Shortcut for moving between Worksheets
Is there a keyboard shortcut for moving between worksheets (within the same workbook)? I am constantly going between my keyboard and mouse for this functions.... Thanks, Mike Mike, ctrl+ page up and page down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "mjcoco" <mjcoco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:718956B2-44CD-4578-B95E-91C162D18A99@microsoft.com... > Is there a keyboard shortcut for mov...

block mail based on subject
My wife gave information to some site that I'm not aware of.All the junk mail begins with her name, is there some way to block it or send it directly to the deleted file ?? Please help it's driving me crazy. ...

can't move workbook down
The top of my workbook (with the title bar)is hidden underneath the top of the "excel" window. I tried using Alt+ space to bring up the move dialogue box, but that only will move the excel window, leaving the title bar of the workbook still unaccessable. Is there any way to move the workbook window w/o the mouse? thanks. what happens if you do windows ?arrange -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "JayD" <scatman@jazzy.org> wrote in message news:1118758939.360335.110880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > The top of my workbook (with the title b...

Sheet moves at print time, loos fine at preview
When I preview the spread sheet the vertical relationship between the spreadsheet and the header looks fine, no space, but after I print it there is extra space between the header and the spreadsheet. What causes this? What am doing wrong? Thanks, Erich Check your left margin to see if all the row numbers are sequential. You may have accidentally decreased the row height on row 2 and yo can't see the space in print preview, but it's there when you print. If that's the case, select the whole row, right click and select Ro Height to adjust the height -- DataCollecto ---------...

How to setup a rule to forward rule in Outlook (xp or 2003) to forward emails from a certain domain when app isnt running?
There is a shared mailbox owned by one of the departments. One of the individuals in that department needs emails coming from one specified domain to be forwarded to his email account, but not the other emails that come in. I set up a rule in Outlook (I tried XP and 2003) while logged in as the shared mailbox to foward emails based on the content of the email address to that user. However, when I clicked finish I got the message that this is a client side rule and will only run when Outlook is open. This is next to useless as no one logs on as this shared mailbox. Is there any way to make this...

Does sender filter rules apply only to anonymous connections ?
Hi, In Exchange 2003 documentation, we can read that : "Recipient filter rules apply only to anonymous connections. Authenticated users and Exchange servers bypass these validations.". I would like to know if this is also true for sender filter rules. We receive a lot of emails where the FROM email address pretends to be in our domain name. We would like to deny SMTP messages when the email address of the sender pretends to be part of our organization AND when the user has not authenticated (if the user has authenticated, we can trust his FROM header). How can we do that ? M...

Outlook 2003 lost show new mail alert
In Outlook 2003 I have lost the show new mail alert facility although it is ticked. I see the Outlook yellow square in my taskbar instead of the envelope. How can I fix this? Beemer Beemer <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 I have lost the show new mail alert facility although > it is ticked. I see the Outlook yellow square in my taskbar instead > of the envelope. Is it a matter of you using Windows XP and that XP is hiding the new mail icon? You can check this by right-clicking the Taskbar Notification Area and chooing Customize Notifications. Look for...

windows mail
This laptop was given to me, windows mail was set up by the previous owner (my 82 yr old grandmother) how do I change it to my email address? I tried, not sure what I did but it keeps saying this <<please also note I do not use yahoo and want it to be gmail>> (and I have done the 32 bit upgrade for messages stuck in outbox) The host 'verizon yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: Tim 70's', Account: 'verizon yahoo', Server: 'verizon yahoo', Protocol: SMTP, Port: ...

sent mail box empty
i synchronised my hotmail account using outlook connector however the sent mails from my windows live hotmail account do not reflect on my pc in outlook 2007 kindly let me know what should be done Has the synchronization been fully completed already? Syncing the Sent Items folders is I believe one of the last folders that will be synced. What is reported when you use the Server Status button in the Outlook Connector toolbar? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and ...

cannot read mails in HTML Format
In outlook 2007 i can't read my mails in HTML format. How can i configure out this? Are the email items sitting in your Junk E-mail folder? Is there any information in the InfoBar mentioning why they're not being shown as HTML? "Alper Ozgur" <alpozgur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eaYTs4raHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In outlook 2007 i can't read my mails in HTML format. How can i configure > out this? > ...

No Reply Option
Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give recipients an option to reply? You can't. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844d01c48546$6746e1c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give > recipients an option to reply? ...