Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action

When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which
states

Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action
MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg.

I don't know where this came from.

Thanks for the help in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange server problem
I have exchange server 2003 on Windows server 2003. Sudenly I have the following error and I'm not able to read emails : "network problems are preventing to the Microsoft Exchange server computer" "The Microsoft Exchange server is not availlable". Could anyone help me ? "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote: >I have exchange server 2003 on Windows server 2003. >Sudenly I have the following error and I'm not able to read emails : > "network problems are preventing to the Microsoft Exchange server computer" > "The Micr...

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Migrate CRM 1.2 to another server
Hello, I need to migrate a CRM 1.2 server to another server box and i can't find information about this can someone help me. Thank You, Paulo Mesquita Have a look at the Redeployment Tool that you can download from here (it should contain some useful documentation): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db-49af-9a50-4a90b311fa7d&displaylang=en -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Paulo Mesquita" wrote: > Hello, > > I need to migrate a CRM 1.2 server to another server box and i can&...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Server Timeouts
How can I extend server timeouts in Outlook 2003 and XP. It used to be in 2002 Tools/Accounts/Profiles/Advanced tab. I want to go beyond 1 minute for far away users. Lem ...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Error while creating custom entity
Hi I am trying to create a custom entity. After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am trying to save it, i am getting the following error: " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". Help appreciated. Thanks Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results yet. I tried the following without result: Enable logging by adding keys to the registry: LogPerfData: filename LogPerfDataDetails: 1 LogPerfDataLevel: 2 Repare CRM by using the installation disk. Did you make any progress resolvi...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

OutLook Express 2003 is not running for error
I start Outlook for the first time, SP2 was installed before, it is not running at all as I get the msge: The Operation Failed ...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

Compile Error in hidden module
I get an error message "Compile error in hidden module AutoExecNew" when I open excel and an error message "Compile error in hidden module DistMon" when I close excel. I have no add-ins checked. I am running Windows XP Home and Office XP Professional. Any help would be appreciated. Bill You obviously have something in a startup folder, look for all startup folders. Also have you installed someting lately? I know that Adobe Acrobat writer used to cause start up errors although I think you can download a fix from Adobes site -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Willia...

2 exchange servers/2 different sites/1 domain
I have 2 sites, NY/MN, both need to use the same domain name for mail (pm.com), both will be in the same Active Directory forest, I want to have an Exchange server in both locations, the 2 sites are connected via VPN, the mx record for mail going to user@pm.com gets routed into the NY Exchange server, my question is, knowing they will each have a seperate server, running seperate databases, how will mail going to MNuser@pm.com get delivered to the mailboxes in MN? This is possible isn't it? Thanks-Dan Fox If both servers are in the same Exchange site, then the mail that is addre...

maximum number of server connections on IMAP server
Hi, Does Outlook 2002/2003 has such setting on its mail account configuration? I found this setting on Mozilla Thunderbird and can't locate it on Outlook. We need to configure this setting in order to get our email clients working properly. Thanks I'm not 100% sure here, but I do believe that you would set this limit on the server side. Have never seen this option in Outlook, but then I might have missed it. OM wrote: > Hi, > > Does Outlook 2002/2003 has such setting on its mail account > configuration? I found this setting on Mozilla Thunderbird and can't &...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Out of memory error when printing
Running Windows 98. Upgraded Office 2000 to Office XP. Fully patched OS and Office. Everything works fine except when trying to print from Outlook. Immediately generates a "Out of Memory or Resources ..." Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill ...