Rules for moving emails sent on behalf of someone

I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder.
But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like
"H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does
not work anymore.   How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of
annoying email.

* Email address has been changed to protect privacy

0
amb

Name in email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Using EWS Entourage found name in the sent field is now email address by default rather than Office User name how can I change the sent by name to my name not my email address Just to be clear when whoever I email receives and email from me it comes from my email address not my name like normal Entourage client does On 2/2/10 3:18 PM, in article 59bb222b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "goliath@officeformac.com" <goliath@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Using EWS...

how do I move email folders and stored email from msn mail to out.
How do I move email folders and the stored email in them from msn mail to outlook 2003 ...

Hidden messages sent out?
I am using Outlook 2002 + SP 1 Twice today when I sent a single email message (where I initiated the email and it was not a reply) the "Send-Receive Progress" window has said that I am sending 2 messages. This makes me very uneasy that I may be sending out messages unintentially. Please explain why this is happening and, if I am sending out unknown messages, how to stop it. This may or may not be related: Occasionally I get a notice that a message that I did not knowingly send failed to be delivered. The addresses are totally unknown to me. I regard these occurences as malici...

How to enable the email address to repeat when entering a email
The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email address of email address that I have previously used. How and where can I enable that menu? Thanks Depends on your Outlook version which you failed to mention. Since the feature is enabled by default, I suspect you have other problems. Clarify your post and provide more detail. -- Russ Valentine "Crash1234" <Crash1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4818E78-9AD9-4256-9649-461E107FDD40@microsoft.com... > The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email &g...

outlook automatically deleting emails
I have a user that outlook is deleting emails upon receiving them. He has no rules setup. Could his "Delivery" point have been changed to a pst somewhere? Maybe he has a "filter view" set? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e1d101c43c43$d9e40010$a401280a@phx.gbl... I have a user that outlook is deleting emails upon receiving them. He has no rules setup. I am having the same problem if someone have a solution please email it to me. thank you. >-----Original Message----- >I ha...

How to move connection point inside endpoint
I am trying to create a shape that acts like a line but with border and fill properties like other shapes. The line properties I want are: * Can be drawn at any angle (rotated without the rotate tool). * Connect to each other at the end points. * End points are inside the thickness. That last property is critical. When I make a like thicker, the thickness extends beyond the connection point, making the line a little longer. This makes the connections look right, especially with rounded caps. John showed me how to make a rectangle shape behave like a line by setting the line (1-dimensional)...

OL doesn't receive new email properly
Below is an email from one of my users. He has OL 2003 client. he's one of the few that have to press Send/Recieve button to get new email. I went thru his OL setup and it was identical to mine. I even set 2 minutes in "Schedule and automatic send/receive every" check box. I also uncheck the "Use Cache Exchange Mode" to force OL client to always connect to the Exchange server. None of these solve the problem. >Email from my user: >I still have to hit the send receive button to get my e-mails. I just opened up my computer on Sat at 807am and the most >curren...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook SEND ON BEHALF error
I am trying to use access to programatically send outlook e-mails. Of course with Outlook XP I get the "A program is trying to send an e-mail on your behalf" error message and you have to wait and click OK to send the message. How can I disable this with exchange so that outlook will autmatically send the desired messages from access? Thanks joe maybe you can use this: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Joe Williams" <jwilliams@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:uXNzaNBPHHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am tryin...

hyperlinking email addresses in a directory
I am using a catalog merge to form a directory which I plan on turning into a ..pdf. I am wanting to have everyone's email address be hyperlinked so people can access their email with just a click. Can this be done? How? It depends on the pdf application you are using. Publisher doesn't export hyperlinks to pdf's with certain applications. They would need to be manually recreated in the PDF app once converted from Publisher. Adobe Acrobat 7 will retain Publisher's hyperlinks. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is prov...

Move mailbox & Exmerge
Hi All....just need to confirm or deny some information I have recieved. I know the exmerge utility when used to move all mailbox information to another database will break the single instance store, now is the same true for the move mailbox utility?...logic says it will break the single instance message store advantage but I just need this confirmed. thanks again Kevin J Wren "Kevin J Wren" <kc0jdw@earthlink.net> wrote: >I know the exmerge utility when used to move all mailbox information to >another database will break the single instance store, now is the same t...

Tracked Emails inserted into multiple records
Hi, We have had this issue twice, one email is sent to a client from Outlook and the email is tracked in CRM. This works fine, except that email record appears in CRM as regarding that one client, but hundreds and hundreds of client records appear in the 'to' box and the email is in all of those records. This makes it look like the email was sent to all these clients, however, there's no record that the emails were actually sent, except for the one original email. Does anyone know how this could be happening? Thanks in Advance. ...

How to permanently redirect an exchange smtp email account to third party address.
I have been successful with creating a server side outlook rule that will redirect all inbound email and also delete it. This is fine but the email ends up in the profiles sent folder and deleted items. Attempting to add the "delete permanetly" rule does not work because the rule is client based, and we dont want the outlook client to be running permanetly. This account is not managed and I do not want to have to manually log in and clean it out eventually. In the UNIX world Its a simple creation of an alias... Again how would I create an email redirect within Exchange without t...

Disable Outside domain Email
Im using Exchange 2003 running windows 2000 server... Almost all user from our branches using pop3... I want to prevent user from sending email outside our domain specially user from the branch... How do i setup this configuration? Rommel http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchange%202000&sectionID=1023&sectionName=Administration%20&%20Maintenance Rommel Epino wrote: > Im using Exchange 2003 running windows 2000 server... Almost all user from > our branches using pop3... > > I want to prevent user fro...

Unable to send external email to a domain....
Hi we installed a Win2003 Server/Exchange server, all internal mail is working fine, all external mail is going out to except one domain. I have gone through the troubleshooting steps in Microsft Article#153119 - telnet to port 25 to test SMTP communincation... and I was able to send an email to that domain through telnet. I have no idea what could be the issue, we are receiving emails from that domain, but just unable to send to it... in ESM - in queuesm, that particular queue goes into 'retry' state. Here is the error message we get when trying to send to that domain. You...

Calendar rule report
Is there anyone out there who's got a report example, reporting workhours ? regards Bjorn ! ...

Can someone decipher this error message?
An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 50, NT/MTA error code: 0. Comms error 0, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name XCH10003 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:05:31 -0600, "-->AP<--" <ap@mail.com> wrote: >An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality >Table (LTAB) index: 50, NT/MTA error code: 0. Comms error 0, Bind error 0, >Remote Server Name XCH10003 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) > What was the event id? Are the two Exchange servers accross a WAN? Is the local s...

why does an Excel email attachment change file name when opened.
Has anyone come across this before? The attached Excel spreadsheet is sent via Novel Groupwise email and when opening the sheet the file name changes. In all likelihood, the email attachement is stored on the email server, which neither Excel nor you can access directly. When you attempt to open the email attachement, the email application retrieves the file from the email server and saves it in a temporary file on your hard drive. Does the file have a name like ~561461.xls? Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "tpayne" wrote: > Has anyone come a...

Sending email #8
Right now when I send an email with pictures people have to click each attachment seperately. I want to know if there's a way so that it opens up right under the writing. ...

Can't sent word files
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When attaching a word file the receiver doesn't get my mail at all. This started months ago, when I received a word-file, asking if I would like to open it with makro. As I knew the sender I said yes. Since that I can't even send a word file by bluetooth. What can I do? Thanks! Nisa In article <59b79e25.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Nisa@officeformac.com> wrote: > When attaching a word file the receiver doesn't get my mail at all. > This started months ago, when I received a word-file, as...

Problem emailing web-based spreadsheet
When I open a web-server Excel spreadsheet in a web browser (IE 6.0) , then enter numbers into cells, then send the spreadsheet by email, the newly-added numbers are not in the spreadsheet that's received by the email recipient. When I do the same thing with a hard-drive-based spreadsheet, the newly-added numbers *are* in the spreadsheet that's received by the email recipient. Why aren't the numbers present in the emailed web-based spreadsheet? Is there a way to get them to be included? Thanks, Mick Ruthven There probably isn't a way to get the web-based spreadsheet to s...

Exchange 2000: After mailbox move problem with updating public free/busy data
Hello I have moved a user's Exchange 2000 mailbox to a different server (in a different administrative group) Now, everytime after the user has added a meeting request to his calendar, when he closes Outlook 2000 he receives the error "Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. When I move the mailbox back to the old mail server (and to the original administrative group) the error is ...

Re: email bounce back
I have an email that bounced back, that when i try to select it so I can see the details outlook 2000 stops responding. Has anybody had this problem if so how do you fix it. ...

how can i delete mulitiple emails at once?
new to this...thank you You can hold down the shift or ctrl key to select multiple items. Once you have the items selected, shift+delete is a permanent delete and pressing delete key moves things to the deleted items folder. "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4475BBE-E47D-4652-96DE-87C7360359A3@microsoft.com... > new to this...thank you mickey wrote: > new to this...thank you How do you select multiple files in Windows Explorer? ...

creating rule based on date email received
I would like to create a rule to move message to a specific folder based on their received date - i.e. anything older than 7 days, move to this folder. Can rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to put in specific dates for it to work. I do not want to archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for later review. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "Diana" said in news:6b0b01c3e69d$9d45ff10$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I would like to create a rule to move message to a > specific folder based on their received date - i.e. > anything older than 7 days, ...

default email account problem.
Is there a way in outlook2003 to NOT have a default email account when creating a new message? For example I want outlook to ask me every time which email account to use before sending the message instead of automatically sending it with the default email account. Yes I know that I can choose which account to use but the problems is sometimes I just forget and it creates problems and makes an idiot out of me when I email someone with a different account. Paul wrote: > Is there a way in outlook2003 to NOT have a default email account when > creating a new message? For example I wa...