Rules Based On Numeric Field Values

Hi,

I sometimes get emails which have special standardized notifications in
them.  Any "special attention" areas are in a consistent format which will
also contain numbers that are normally 0.  If they aren't 0, then there is
some kind of problem. So, the number values can be from 0 to any value.  Is
there a way to "flag" these in a rule?  Ideally, I'd like to change the
message color of or priority based on the values seen.

Below is partial output from one of the emails with example fields
high-lighted:

Successes   : 10
Failures    : 0  <====
Aborted       : 0 <====
Never ran   : 0
Total         : 10
Requested   : 1 thru 26
Crashes       : 0 <====
Pauses        : 0
Reloads       : 0

Thanks,
-Tennis

--
Remove "-remove-to-reply" to respond to my  email address directly.

you'll need to create a series of individual rules to move  or flag
messages:

1) if message contains 'Failures    : 0' then do this...
2) if message contains 'Failures    : 1' then do this...
etc - one per each condition you have. if there is a consistent text that
you can use as a master condition, you could have one rule:

if message contains 'this phrase' and 'Failures    : 0' then do this...
else, do that.

If you aren't moving them from the inbox, use views to color them (automatic
formatting), not rules. You only need one custom view and can have at least
25 automatic formatting rules in it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Tennis Smith" <tennis_smith@yahoo-remove-to-reply.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I sometimes get emails which have special standardized notifications in
> them.  Any "special attention" areas are in a consistent format which will
> also contain numbers that are normally 0.  If they aren't 0, then there is
> some kind of problem. So, the number values can be from 0 to any value.
> Is
> there a way to "flag" these in a rule?  Ideally, I'd like to change the
> message color of or priority based on the values seen.
>
> Below is partial output from one of the emails with example fields
> high-lighted:
>
> Successes   : 10
> Failures    : 0  <====
> Aborted       : 0 <====
> Never ran   : 0
> Total         : 10
> Requested   : 1 thru 26
> Crashes       : 0 <====
> Pauses        : 0
> Reloads       : 0
>
> Thanks,
> -Tennis
>
> --
> Remove "-remove-to-reply" to respond to my  email address directly.

0
msnews1660 (730)

Assign values to both A2 and A3
Using =If((A3=A2),"X","O") It assigns "X" for the A2 and and "O" for the A3. How can get it to also assign an "X" for the A3? Thanks Mickie Mickie Not quite with you. That formula will assign an X in the *cell it is in* if A3=A2, else it will assign a O in that cell BTW: parenthesis are not required around the A3=A2 ;-) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "mickie" <lvrr@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:1165463099.250719.17...

Summing Values using multiple criertia
Does anybody know a formula I could use to sum a range of values based on multiple criertia? Example: Division Type Wage Bulk Driver 200.00 Bulk Admin 400.00 General Admin 500.00 Bulk Driver 100.00 I want to sum the wages for Divison "Bulk" & Type "Driver". How can I do this??? Thanks! Jane =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A4="Bulk")*(B2:B4="Driver")*(C2:C4)) If there are lots of such totals, you may want to consider a pivot table rather than formulas. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:14:27 -0700, "Jane" <anonymous@dis...

Inserting specific images based on product.
Hi Everyone, I'm very knew to the CRM product and was curious... For example, I am customizing a CRM interface for a company with a wide range of products. They would like to add a tab to each of their product displays showing an image of that product. I added the tab (learning how thanks to this newsgroup) but I only know how to insert a graphic using an IFRAME in the form view which in turn displays the SAME image for all product listings. Does this make sense? Basically I'm asking...is there a way to display individual images for specific products, not strictly on the fo...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

Fields
I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to create a field that can be added to periodically to show all the courses a person takes from my instructors. I created a field named course but it is only allowing me to put one course in. How can I make the field list all the courses? Thanks, Nantika -- Enjoy every day! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:18:01 -0700, Nantika <Nantika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to >create a field that can be added to periodically ...

Insert empty numeric value
Dear all, In VB, I have three textbox which are amount1,amount2 and amount3. After user enter the value in the textbox, I will insert the value into Access table. The table have three columns amount1 , amount2 and amount3, and all are nummeric Type. However, if the user do not enter any value in textbox . The insert statement will become as follows: Insert into table1 (amount1,amount2,amount3) values (,,) Then access complain that there is syntax error in insert statement. Does that mean I cannot insert empty value for the numeric value in access.? How to solve this problem. Than...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Replace null value with the previous value?
I have a database that was just imported that has approximately 388000 records. The problem is that there is information about a person in multiple different records but the name did not come across with each record. (So I have 10 records with information for a certain name, but the name only appears in field 1 of the first record and not the subsequent 9, etc.) I need to create a query or expression that will fill field 1 with the preceding value if it is null. This way I will have all the information for field 1 in a manner that I can link and combine data. Simply I need to fil...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Workflow rule crashes target entity
When creating a new workflow rule for a new invoice entity, it seems to go into a loop in CRM Dynamics. At first, I wanted to make a rule for copying a description from the original opportunity to an invoice, but this caused the invoice window to load forever. When testing an easy rule which just has to enter the value "test" to a description field when creating a new invoice, the same thing happens. I wonder if this has anything to do with the administrator rights? I read something about 9/10 of all workflow rule problems are related to this. Can you post your rule for revi...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Calculating values for empty cells.
Hello. I have a very simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. I have data in two columns, some of the data in one of the columns is missing and I want to automatically extrapolate what the data should be based on the trend. How can I get Excel to fill in empty values without overwriting the known values. Below is a sample of my data. 1500 1600 1700 1800 4000 1887 5700 1900 5500 1910 7300 1912 8100 1920 8800 1926 10100 1930 11900 1936 12200 1938 -- Ryan Taylor rtaylor@stgeorgeconsulting.com Not sure what yo...

Limit value for Storage Groups
Hello, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard edition. The limitation on Storage Groups for e.g. "Issue warning at(KB)" is default set by 2097151. I read that i can change this value by using ADSI Edit and edit the values mDBOverHardQuotaLimit mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota But each of them has a lots of values and i could not find out which one i have to edit. Could you please give me an advice? TIA helpi If you want to set a value bigger than 2GB for all users on an entire mailbox store, bring up the properties of that mailbox store in ADSIEdit and set the mDBStorageQuot...

rollback combobox to 'BeforeUpdate' value
How do I set a combobox to a previous value? When finished updating a particular record the user selects an identifer in a combobox to advance to the next desired record. I use the BeforeUpdate event of the combobox to ask a yes/no question. If NO I want to stay with the current record and this works. the problem is that the combobox has been advanced to the new selection and stays there. Now I have the identifer for one record in the combo box but the form is still (as it should be) on the current record. I need to roll back the combobox to what it was before the update bu...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...