Rules and Signature files

Where are the Rules and Signature files stored in Outlook
2000?  I've copied the .pst file which contains the mail,
calendar, contacts and other information, but the rules
and the signature are not part of it.  I would like to be
able to create a complete restore when putting a user's
Outlook on a new computer, or restoring after a hard drive
crash.
0
anonymous (74722)

Rules are stored in the user's inbox (on the Exchange server if using it and
in the PST if delivering mail there).

Signatures are stored here on WinXP and Win2000:
C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\

--
Thanks,

Mark

- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
- Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
- Use of any included samples is subject to the terms specified at

"desktopsa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where are the Rules and Signature files stored in Outlook
> 2000?  I've copied the .pst file which contains the mail,
> calendar, contacts and other information, but the rules
> and the signature are not part of it.  I would like to be
> able to create a complete restore when putting a user's
> Outlook on a new computer, or restoring after a hard drive
> crash.

0
mlium (5)

Mail Merge file from Pub 98
I have a mail merge file from Pub 98 that I'm trying to open with Pub 03. It's not working. The 03 version doesn't even see it as a file for use. I'm using XP and my Pub 98 disc blew up in my cd drive. Anyone know how I can get 03 to read the 98 file? Are you getting an error message? Do you still have the data intact? Is it a Publisher list or something else? Do you have problems opening other 98 files? Sometimes Norton will cause problems. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us I've had ...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

restoring .pst file
I have looked at all of the information about this topic, but it isn't working. My calendar on Outlook has lost all of its old entries. I cannot find the scanpst.exe file on this computer, although I have checked "show hidden files." I tried to download the file, but it says it can't run it because it is missing another file. I run Vista on this computer. Any help wil be appreciated. "dhodges103" <dhodges103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EACC6F-B4E8-4469-B153-C4F1AE61DA80@microsoft.com... >I have looked at all of ...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

Topaz Systems Signature Capture
I need new sig capture pads for my store. The HHP 1500 are not available on ebay anymore!! I want to use Topaz but was not successful with the SigLite. I just read that siglite does not do opos but SigGem does. Does anyone have any help here on this. I have calls into Topaz now. Jason The Greene Grape www.greenegrape.com Jason, We've tested Topaz units and they do work with RMS. Topaz, should be able to help you out if you can't get anywhere with them give me a call and I can try to help. 404-352-3587 Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 &q...

Duplicate detection Rules stuck in "Publishing" status
Hi I have a CRM NLB cluster with a 2 x Web and 2 x SQL Servers. I cannot get the CRM Duplicate detection rules to publish. Any help? ...

Insert file name into Cell
Is there a way to insert the file name into a cell, rather than on header/footer? Hi Bonny, 1996FEDT.XLS =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) D:\driveM\excel\TAXES\1996FEDT.XLS [Sheet1] =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(CELL("filename",A1),"[",""),"]"," [") & "]" for more information, worksheet examples, and coding examples for pathname, filename, sheetname and combinations of ...

Importing CSV files into excel
Just a suggestion, but I don't see where anyone would ever want their imported data changed by default. How about having CSV files import to format TEXT by default and letting the user decide if he wants to make changes instead of making changes that cannot be undone by default. (the "general" formatting that changed all your numbers around) I've given up on using Excel to look at my data files that contain numbers, instead using wordpad and 3rd party freeware to edit data. Minutes instead of seconds to import a file that has dozens of columns of fixed width - lead...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

File Formate
I have five Excel files which contain the records of my previous 4 years Business matters. Suddenly yesterday when I opned one of my files I received the following messege. --------------------------------------- The file is not in recognizable formate. if you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Excel, click Cancel, then open the file in its original application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the file is damaged, click help for more information about...

File repair problem
Hello, One of my MS Money files has some entries that cannot be changed. If I try to change them I get a message that says: "This transaction cannot be entered. Money could not write to your Money file. The operation cannot be performed or another application finished the task before you . Please try again." This only happens with some of my entries, not all. (The entries were downloaded from a banking site, but other downloaded entries are not affected.) I have used the repair utility at two levels and the problem persists. By internet searching I have found reference...

Sending files from Vista
Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with Outlook instead of Windows Mail. What settings do I have to change to get windows mail to do all my mail sending in this manner? "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C240124-48D3-4EAB-B63B-8A0B20505905@microsoft.com... > Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or > picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with > Outlook >...

files corrupted on save
Office xp with sp2, excel 2002 files are corrupted on save and excel closes. Opening excel, file is recovered however all the formatting is lost. Hi where do you save your files to? To a floppy disk? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Joe wrote: > Office xp with sp2, excel 2002 files are corrupted on save > and excel closes. Opening excel, file is recovered > however all the formatting is lost. novell 6 network >-----Original Message----- >Hi >where do you save your files to? To a floppy disk? > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Inbox- Missing files/folders
This is the second time this has happened, I wonder if anyone can help. > Without any warning all the files and sub folders under my Inbox in Outlook > Express disappear totally but files in the Sent, Outbox, Deleted folders etc are all okay. Can > anyone tell me where they went and how to get them back. > Cheers. Hello, Please take a look at the following article. 321505 OLEXP: Outlook Express E-Mail Messages Are Missing from the Inbox Folder http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321505 If you check inbox.dbx file and there is no content of previous mail items, then there is n...

File size limits and workarounds?
Hi All, I've run into the 2 gig file size limit on Outlook 2000 a couple times now. Is there a way to clean the files so I can avoid this in the future? The way I fixed things is that I deleted stuff, then made a new pst file and copied all the folders over to the new file. I went from just over 2gig to 1.3 gigs. I've done this once before I think, so I know I'll hit it again. Just wondering how to avoid all this. Thanks, me Maybe use the Archive options? But remember an archive has the same size limitation, so at some point you would need to create a new Archive fil...

Importing messages and files to Favorite Folders
have my POP email accounts set up in WLM. I imported all my message folders .They went in to Imported Folder. My question is how can I move the folders into my Pop email account Folder. I have a pop server account named: 1st Account BOB Inbox Drafts Sent Items Junk email Deleted 2nd Account JOHN Drafts Sent Items Junk Items Deleted Items Imported Folders Drafts Sent Deleted Imported Folder (1) Under Folder (1) are all my imported Folders with my email messages in them. How can I get these Folders into Bob's account Thanks in Advance Doug ...

Excel saves tmp file
Whenever the spreadsheet is open, Excel saves an identical copy of the file as a tmp file. After closing the original file the tmp file does not disappear. Any ideas how to correct this problem, it is eating away at my server space. Do you mean the file has an extension of .tmp? When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. If something interferes with the save, then you might see this temporary file left behind (but...

creating tmp files
Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp files. Thanks Chandra You cant "chandrak@futaiusa.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a9701c4343c$e2f2c6a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... : Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp : file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp : files. : Thanks : Chandra But accoding to documents on excel if the file is saved without error messages it renames the temp file with xls why do I still see the xls and tmp fi...

Open files from Access Form
Hello all, One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may be a word doc, pdf, or other. How could get Access to open the file using the appropriate program (ie Word, Acrobat..etc) automatically when I click a button. I know how you could specify a particular program, say word, to open a link... But not sure how I could do a pdf. And how I could get it to determine default program settings. Thanks for your help. On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:13:02 -0700, kMan wrote: > Hello all, > > One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may b...

RECORDSET file name length limit?
Here's a snippet of the code I'm using: oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & strFilePath & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited""" Set oRS = CreateObject("ADODB.RECORDSET") 'Now actually open the text file and import into Excel oRS.Open "SELECT * FROM " & strFilename, oConn, 3, 1, 1 When I do the oRS.Open, it fails to find the file. I renamed the file to something short...

Extracting a ZIP file in Powershell
I have a function that I found that will extract the zip files in powershell I'm running this on a script on a remote machine that does not have powershell 2.0 function Extract-Zip { param([string]$zipfilename, [string] $destination) if(test-path($zipfilename)) { $shellApplication = new-object -com shell.application $zipPackage = $shellApplication.NameSpace($zipfilename) $destinationFolder = $shellApplication.NameSpace($destination) $destinationFolder.CopyHere($zipPackage.Items()) } } Example to use this function is: extract-zip c:\temp\test.zip D:\ I have a coupl...

Need help saving a file!
Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97 programs! I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume. I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge mistake! How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment) Or is that just not possible? I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said, screws up the whole format. I'm really lost, don...

Receivables EFT file recreate
Does anybody have experience recreating the EFT file for Receivables? I found a 'Recreate EFT File' option but couldn't find any documentation about it ,and we have three concerns: 1- Is there a better way to select the file/batch you want to 'recreate' than having to scroll through every single one of them in order to select it? 2- Is there a way to purge this list? Ours is showing ALL EFT batches since we started using the software (5 years ago, minimum 1 batch per day, do the math)? 3- I am asumming that the 'recreate' will generate the EFT file with the ...

Location of .tmp files in Excel
Excel is saving the .tmp files in "My Documents" folder when it should be in the windows temp folder. How do I change this? I've never seen excel save a file with a .tmp extension (well, unless I specified it with a File|SaveAs). Are you sure it's excel and not your antivirus program? (Excel will create a temporary file (8 characters--no extension) that it uses when it saves a file, though.) Steve wrote: > > Excel is saving the .tmp files in "My Documents" > folder when it should be in the windows temp folder. > How do I change this? -- Dave Pete...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...