rules and alerts after read

I want to create rules where emails are sent to particular folders after they
have been read. How do I do this? The  rules and alerts section in my outlook
2003 version doesn't seem to allow me to do this.
0
Turtle (3)

Rules act on mail when received or sent, not after being read.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Turtle asked:

| I want to create rules where emails are sent to particular folders
| after they have been read. How do I do this? The  rules and alerts
| section in my outlook 2003 version doesn't seem to allow me to do
| this.
0
MillyS (3228)

Outlook 2007 & Rules
Anyone know why when you have a pst file shared and have rules created on one machine why is it the rules do not apply when openning outlook on the other machine? Are rules stored somewhere else? Thanks Mark Depends... Do you use Exchange Server or an ISP? If you use Exchange Server it will store and run the rules that are built to be Server-based. Server-based vs. client-based rules http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm Otherwise, they are stored on the same machine as your Outlook client and therefore are only run when you open Outlook on that machine. Nikki "mws...

creating rule based on date email received
I would like to create a rule to move message to a specific folder based on their received date - i.e. anything older than 7 days, move to this folder. Can rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to put in specific dates for it to work. I do not want to archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for later review. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "Diana" said in news:6b0b01c3e69d$9d45ff10$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I would like to create a rule to move message to a > specific folder based on their received date - i.e. > anything older than 7 days, ...

Alerts?
Does Excel offer a way to alert you of a change in data? I am responsible for the tracking and maintenance of our fleet of vehicles. I would like to know if there is ANY way to set-up a spreadsheet so that every 3 months or 3,000 miles, Excel will let me know that the vehicle is ready for Preventative Maintenance service. Any suggestions? I hope I'm not the only one who has every been curious about this. I have already tried to work a bit with conditional formatting but not with much success. Let A1 have the vehicle's last PM date In another cell use =IF(TODAY()-A1>90,"...

Web Client marking messages read
Need help with Blackberry web client marking messages read when it copies messages from Web mail. I just brought up about 15 blackberry 7230s using T-Mobile as a carrier. We are using Exchange 5.5 and have web mail setup. I am getting the mail messages to go to blackberry devices, but the messages are being marked as read in Exchange/Outlook. Basically, when the users are sitting at their desks their messages are being marked as read even though they haven't read the messages. I saw some kind of fix for Exchange 2000, does anyone know if there is anything I can do other than...

Read Receipts #4
How do I turn off read receipts? I would like to insure the sender does not know if I read the email sent to me. Thx in advance -d You could either swich it off globally in your exchange settings or use tools like aloaha to remove the delivery/read receitpt requests from incoming mails. FH "rgm" <rgmcleod@austin.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eXvM$OvfEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do I turn off read receipts? I would like to insure the sender does not > know if I read the email sent to me. > Thx in advance > > -d > > How do you switch i...

Outlook 2007 : Rules in Error
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 and recently I am getting error: "Rules in Error" Till yesterday, everything was working fine and all the rules I set in Outlook were working fine. Sudden of all, this error has started. Neither I changed path of pst folder nor rules. Please suggest. ...

Using the "In Folder" rule
Using Outlook 2000 at both home and office. Also use the same email address at both locations. I often send messages from one location to another and have set Outlook to color-code messages received from myself in green. The "problem" is that everything in my Sent Items folder is green since it matches the rule "sent by me." I could probably just create a view called "messages - sent items" and use all of my formatting rules from "messages" except the color-coding, but that would be to easy. I would prefer to modify my "messages" rule and us...

Outloo reads aloud emails
I have Outlook 2002 installed. I usually send an email by using the key combination Alt/S but occasionally, instead of the email being sent, a voice starts reading aloud the email I have written. Now I have tried all sorts of Alt key combinations to make it happen on purpose but it won't so my question is, what is happening, why, and can I use the speech recognition program in other MS products? Regrds, Lloyd sounds like you are enabling narrator. look in accessories on the start menu. If it's not that, then it could be speech - look in control panel for the lauguage applet. --...

ValidationType.Auto and reading schema attribute
Hi, I would like my default ValidationType to be Auto. Now let's say I have both a DTD and an XSD file for this XML file being validated. While it's ValidationType.Auto, it will validate the DTD, but will not even attempt to read/validate the namespace or even check if schema file exists. I suppose it's a resolver problem; anyone have any insight on how I can have it check the schema File while Auto (without setting ValidationType.Schema)? ..NET 1.1 Validation can not perform DTD and XSD validation at the same time. If you have ValidationType set to Auto, and have a DTD decl...

Exchange/Outlook Rules
When we configur a rule to forward/redirect email that comes in to our inbox's to another email account(out side our domain) the mail acts like its being sent even goes to our sent items list in outlook but never gets to the net... everything else is running with no problems we send thousands of emails a day, just that one little problem. You have to enable automatic replies to the Internet "Spock255" <Spock255@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B62AE0-2149-440E-81C1-047FADB83115@microsoft.com... > When we configur a rule to forward/redirect emai...

Running Rules in Special Folders (Outlook and CallPilot)
Software: Outlook 2000 SP-3 and CallPilot Desktop Messaging 2.50 Background: Incoming voice messages are placed in the Callpilot Desktop Messaging Inbox in Outlook. A small icon lights up to indicate that a new message has been received. Question: How can I use a Rule in Outlook to also play a sound in a special folder? So far I am unable to have a rule continuously checking this particular inbox. Thanks, Lee Outlook rules doesn't support that - you might be able to use VBA to alert you - see outlookcode.com if you need help with VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teac...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange Server 2003
Hi there - I am running Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server 2003. It seems that rules don't work. In the past, I've always had a rule created so that on any incoming message, where my name was in the TO:, the message would automatically forward to another internet e-mail address. I have it set up correctly but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone heard anything like this happening? Thanks, David You will likely need to allow auto-forwards on Global Settings -> Internet Message Formats. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

Can't "edit" underlined value in Rules Wizard screen
Running Outlook 2002. I go to Tools, Rules Wizard, and highlight an email filter called Junk Email. The filter works well, no problem. However, I want to delete some email addresses from that particular filter. The instructions over the lower half of that display say "click on an underlined value to edit it." However, clicking on the "Junk Senders" value does not open it. What do you think is wrong? All the other values in all the other filters in Rules Wizard will open and allow me to edit them. Marc ...

Exchange rule deploy wizard unknown error
Hi, we have an installation of CRM 3.0 with language italian, and we have installed the EMail Router component on the exchange server. When we try to use the deploy wizard in order to create rule for CRM on exchange, all the users of our domain seems to be incorrect, but no additional description is given. The wizard show me an "Unknown Error" (!!??@##) 0x80005000. Nothing in the event viewer. Some one know what's the problem ? Thanks in advance. MAX ...

Server Side Rules restore
I am Running Exchange 2003 SP2. Our hardware failed and we have just gotten our server back up and running. The only thing I am unable to find are peoples server side rules. I know they are created in Outlook, but I thought they would be also on the server as well. Or will the people have to recreate them? -- Thanks, Mike On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:16:02 -0700, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am Running Exchange 2003 SP2. Our hardware failed and we have just gotten >our server back up and running. The only thing I am unable to find are >peoples serve...

Rules work but with a delay.........
I have a rule which whenever an email come into the Inbox, if the person is in my address box to move the email to another folder. The rule works ok but sometimes an email will come into the Inbox and sit there for 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes before it moves to the other folder. Clicking and Send/Receive has no effect. Anyone know how to get rid of this delay????? Thanks in advance Version? "Noreply" <noreply@aol.com> wrote in message news:O3Tw%23gAaHHA.4520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a rule which whenever an email come into the Inbox, if the person is > in m...

Mail rules #2
Is there a way to set up a mail rule to delete mail from the server? no, outlook doesn't support delete from server. You can use a utility such as mailasher to delete from server before OL gets it - it's generally faster too. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook...

can I use a CArchive with a CSocket to read regular text?
if so which type do I use in the CSocket OnReceive function: ar >> char* didn't work thanks CArchive can only interpret things that were written by CArchive. Even text. To receive plain text just pass the text buffer to Read. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] thanks! Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote: > CArchive can only interpret things that were written by CArchive. Even > text. To receive plain text just pass the text buffer to Read. > > -- > Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Rule won't run automatically
I set up a rule to forward messages with specific text in the subject to an email address that's in the Outlook global address book. The rule is defined to forward the message upon receipt. If I use "Run Rule Now", the rule works to forward messages to that address. However, the rule doesn't run automatically. Any ideas? ...

Canceling "Read Receipt"
I sent a read receipt on a message which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support send (POP3 only no SMTP service). Outlook 2003 is now continually trying to send the receipt (and continually failing). The message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any ideas how I can get rid of it? Go to tools>options>email options>tracking options>check the radio button never send a response. Neville "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08db01c3b5a8$37d2f050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I sent a read receipt on a message w...

Outlook 2003 Rules and Alerts
I just set up a new PC with Office 2003. I imported my info from my old Windows 98 machine and Outlook. I had quite a few rules set up. After transferring everything I noticed the "Rules and Alerts" option under "Tools" is gone. No matter what I do the option is not accessable. Are you in a mail folder when you try to access Rules and Alerts? Do you have at least one e-mail account set up? Did you simply open your old .PST file in Outlook 2003 and then tell Outlook to use it as your default, or did you try to import from the old .PST? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Out...

Reading email from another country
I have someone that emails me from Russia and I've had to copy and paste it in a translator. Is there some addon I can install that will convert the language to English for me? What version of Outlook? Do you have Office installed or just Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EA...

Delivery and read receipt
have a little bit strange problem. Delivery receipt works normally, but read receipt does not. We have a local network with Exchange 2003 and WinXP ( with Office 2003 ) clients. We have a Citrix-terminal services environment. We use " Thales - trusted mail " to classify e-mails sent outside our local nettwork. It is installed on each term.server and starts when outlook starts. The strange thing is that I have a PC that I log on to the network but not through Citrix. I therefor do not have Thales installed on my Outlook. When I send e-mail " TO " my account through this P...

read access 2003 mdb file using java
Hi , How do i read access 2003 mdb file using java ? i have few tables inside the mdb file. do i read by column like reading csv file? is there a sample code? pls advise.thanks ...