Rules #10

I have tried to create a rule in Outlook that gives
an "Out of the Office" reply when I am on vacation and I
cannot get it to work.  Here are the conditions that I set
up in the rule:

(1) Apply this rule after the message arrives (2) when
recieved through the (My account was specified in the rule
description box) account and (3) reply using (a specified
template was chosen in the rule description box).

After I created the rule, I pressed Finished, and then
opened up the Rules Wizared from the pull down menu, under
Tools.  I then checked  the box next to the rule I made
(it is the only rule created) and hit "OK".  Nothing
works.  So, then I clicked the "Run Now" and it took me to
another box called Run RUles NOw, showing my rule.  I
clicked the box next to my rule and hit "Run now".
Strangely, that box did not close (this perplexed me) afte
I hit Run now in the RUn rules now box, and I had to
hit "close" to close the Run Rules now box out.  THen I
hit OK again in the Rules Wizared box, but nothing works.
All the self help states that I should not have a
complicated rule (I don't, it is 3 conditions), make sure
that all conditions are true ( I did), and to make sure I
don't have  a failure message ( i don't).  So, I don't
know what to do.

ANy suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Scott
0
anonymous (74722)

You shouldn't need to "Run Rules Now".  If the rule is checked then it
should be active.  Try sending yourself (or have somebody else do it) a
message on the e-mail account in question and see if it responds.

By the way, don't be surprised if your volume of spam increases dramatically
after this -- your autoreply is going to reply to any spam you receive as
well, confirming to the spammer that they've found a legitimate e-mail
account.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to create a rule in Outlook that gives
> an "Out of the Office" reply when I am on vacation and I
> cannot get it to work.  Here are the conditions that I set
> up in the rule:
>
> (1) Apply this rule after the message arrives (2) when
> recieved through the (My account was specified in the rule
> description box) account and (3) reply using (a specified
> template was chosen in the rule description box).
>

> After I created the rule, I pressed Finished, and then
> opened up the Rules Wizared from the pull down menu, under
> Tools.  I then checked  the box next to the rule I made
> (it is the only rule created) and hit "OK".  Nothing
> works.  So, then I clicked the "Run Now" and it took me to
> another box called Run RUles NOw, showing my rule.  I
> clicked the box next to my rule and hit "Run now".
> Strangely, that box did not close (this perplexed me) afte
> I hit Run now in the RUn rules now box, and I had to
> hit "close" to close the Run Rules now box out.  THen I
> hit OK again in the Rules Wizared box, but nothing works.
> All the self help states that I should not have a
> complicated rule (I don't, it is 3 conditions), make sure
> that all conditions are true ( I did), and to make sure I
> don't have  a failure message ( i don't).  So, I don't
> know what to do.
>
> ANy suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

0
mvp1 (459)

Removing Picklist Values 10-11-07
I want to be able to "hide" picklist values without removing the value from those that already have that value. I have the following as the code: var oField = crmForm.all.new_leadsourcename; oField.DataValue oField.DataValue != 2; oField.DeleteOption(2); oField.DataValue != 3; oField.DeleteOption(3); oField.DataValue != 13; oField.DeleteOption(13); oField.DataValue != 1; oField.DeleteOption(1); oField.GetSelectedOption; This code works in that it hides the picklist value but it also removes it from those that currently have the value. What am I missing? Hi Wendy, Plzz tr...

GP 10 Intergration Manager error
One of our reports no longer runs and returns the below message. We recreate it and still returns this error. Rebooted our Win2003 server, stopped restarted SQL2005. Any suggestions on a fix. Thanks The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Dynamics.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D016638-BA35-11CF-827E-00001B27AB13}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type l...

HELP!! After Upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS), Reboot Takes 10-15 Minutes
After upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS) over the Thanksgiving holiday hoping to take advantage of the reputedly improved reporting and feature set, we now experience a 10-15 minute boot duration waiting for Point of Sale to fully start. Now, if the system crashes or loses database connectivity (over the wired LAN) during business hours, which it's prone to do at least once daily since upgrading, a reboot is required to get the cashier station to reconnect to the office db. The POS Manager (also POS 2.0) is installed on a backoffice PC running dual processors and 4GB RAM. The cashier...

Does a User's Rules Run if the User is not logged on?
They will run only if using an Exchange server and the rule is not Client only. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Field Validation Rules
If I have a field for a phone number entry, how can i create a rule so that it will set it up with parantheses around the area code and insert a hyphen...is that even possible? ...

Outlook 2003 rules add-in to overcome 32k limit
I migrated a few months ago from using Outlook as a standalone client to using it with an Exchange server. I had to remove over half of my rules because of the 32k characters limit for rules. I have put up with manual sorting of email for too long now. Are there any good add-ins that overcome this 32k limit. I don't care if all the rules have to run on client-side. The main functionality I am looking for is moving messages to other folders based on sender, receiver, or subject text. Is this 32k limit removed or extended in Outlook 2007. > Is this 32k limit removed or exte...

Find and Replace 06-02-10
Hi, I am after a piece of code that can replace words from one tab to the next For example: Sheet1 - pick up the first word from the Wrong Column(“Wrong1”) to find and replace that word in Sheet2 with the correct word found in the Correct column in Sheet1(“Correct 1”) Then keep going until it reaches the last word within the Wrong column of Sheet1 Wrong Column Correct Column Wrong 1 Correct 1 Wrong 2 Correct 2 Wrong 3 Correct 3 Wrong 4 Correct 4 Wrong 5 Correct 5 Wrong 6 Correct 6 Wrong 7 Correct 7 My goodness, I hope that makes sense Help greatly appreciated Regar...

custom number format 05-04-10
Can a custom number format be created to format a value such as 9,999,999.25 to format 9 999 999,25? I know the # ### ### works to add spaces but I can't figure out the decimal and don't want to change regional setting. Thanks, Jake 2007 Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing options>Uncheck Use System Separators. Use comma for decimal point. Same in 2003 under Tools>Options>International Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:49:01 -0700, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can a custom number format be created to...

Redirect Rule
At work, we have some people who use redirect or forward rules to receive their mail at home instead of using OWA, which we have allowed for. Recently, we have had complaints of bounces from an e-mail address that doesn't exist from some people who are sending to Distribution Lists in Exchange 2007. The behavior of the server is such that I can't seem to find the originator in our system who is redirecting mail to this outside disabled account. Since they are using Redirect instead of Forward rules, the original sender is receiving the NDR instead of the person with the ba...

NetDDE 04-28-10
Hi Does anybody know how to transfer data from an Excel sheet on one PC to an other Excel sheet on an other PC? May be via NetDDE or any other way. Regards reklamo Network them? Copy Workbooks to a portable drive..? -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "reklamo" <reklamo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CABBDC4A-49DA-45CE-8972-89685D8BC70B@microsoft.com... > Hi > Does anybody know how to transfer data from an Excel sheet on one PC to an > other Excel sheet on an other PC? May be via NetDDE or any other way. > Regards > rek...

Keeping rules active
Having trouble with the Rules Wizard for O2002 Inbox. I have 6 rules. 4 work perfectly. The other 2 won't stay 'active.' That is, every time I get new mail, one or the other or both generate a message similar to ' "can't move new mail to folder x." when I check the Rules Wizerd's 'Apply rules in the following order,' the offending rule does not have a check mark by it. I can check and close but next time - same problem. If it matters, these 2 rules are the last (bottom) on the list. How do I get these rules to remain active? Uzytkownik &...

sell cvv + transfer + ship + dumps + track 1&2...all country ! 08-22-10
Hello all !! I'm seller cvv from Viet Nam Contact me: - Email: khaisell******.com.vn - Y!m: khaisell us (visa , master) = 2 $ us (amex , dis) = 4 $ us (full) = 20$ us card with DOB = 10$ ====== uk (visa , master) = 5 $ uk (amex , dis ) = 10 $ uk (with dob) = 20$ uk (full) = 40$ ====== EU Italia = 18$ Germany = Sweden = 18$ Spain = 18$ I'm seller cvv from Viet Nam Contact me: - Email: khaisell******.com.vn - Y!m: khaisell us (visa , master) = 2 $ us (amex , dis) = 4 $ us (full) = 20$ us card with DOB = 10$ ====== uk (visa , master) = 5 $ uk (amex , di...

Office 2004 SP 2 update crashes with Tiger 10.4.2 on Powerbook
Downloading the SP2 update for Office 2004, it locks up as soon as launch is attempted, both through Microsoft update and by downloading the file from the Microsoft site. The 11.2.0 update program ceizes to function but the logo remains in the dock even after forced shutdown. Anyone else with the similar problems? Try disconnecting from network drive(s), including iDisks, before launching the update tool. On 9/24/05 12:21 PM, in article 1127582500.072283.34650@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "biliazp" <info@vistra.no> wrote: > Downloading the SP2 update for Office 2004, i...

Junk emial rule wizard
The junk email rule is not working where rules for moving messages to different folders are configured. Outlook version is 2002 with Windows XP operating system. ...

Windows XP Won't Load 12-10-09
I am hoping that somebody can help me as I freeze in cold and stormy Scotland. I was doing some online shopping, clearing email etc. and was in the process of closing windows browser pages when suddenly the screen went black and the computer then tried to restart. When it rebooted, instead of the usual desktop I had a black page with the following message: ------------------------------- We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent Hardware or Software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpec...

purging workflow rule log
Hi all, We having been running our CRM deployment for quite some weeks now and are using several workflow rules. The result is that within Workflow Monitor the number of logs (of finished rules) increase on a daily basis. What is recommended in terms of purging these logs (after having exported them)? How often is necessary for proper maintenance? Thank you for replying. Basman ...

Sharing Violation 01-12-10
My coworker has an Excel 2007 workbook shared with another coworker. Both users are now getting a "Sharing Violation" error when trying to save the file and it no longer appears to be shared. Does anyone have any experience with this. I told them I just plain don't recommend doing the share-thing but too late for that advise. Thanks... ...

Make USD 6287.- within 10 days
Do you want to make MONEY REAL QUICK ? Let me share the links that made me a fortune and will make you rich, too. In just two years you can make one Million Dollars: USD 1.000.000.- Check out these money machines: http://cash2k10.fapturbo.hop.clickbank.net http://cash2k10.forexrobot.hop.clickbank.net http://cash2k10.forexace.hop.clickbank.net All of these programs have been thoroughly tested by thousands of users across the US and Europe. These programs do work: Just with http://cash2k10.fapturbo.hop.clickbank.net alone I have made a staggering USD 6287.- within 10 days. Yes. You will fi...

outlook rules #19
I create & use multiple folders and rules to re- direct/delete email extensively. Since Q2 I've had annoying & recurring instances where by the rules I create are not executed properly. Example: a new rule > send mail from XYZ@com.com > folder A. The first few times this is carried out fine then the mail is sent to the deleted folder. I then create a duplicate rule or edit the rules. I have had as many as 3 duplicate rules, all indicting the same action and still XYZ's mail is deleted. Some rules seem to work and some don't. Are you using the "stop proce...

Outlook 2007 Rule for using GAL
Question: I'm trying to write a rule that will move all mail EXCEPT for mail from someone in the GAL (Global Address List) to a folder. I have tried the "sent from someone in address book" but it looks like the GAL is not supported, only local contact folders. Another solution might be to write a rule that moves all mail except from sender's with our domain in the address (i.e. abc.com). However, this does not seem to work since the rule appears to run on the display name, not the SMTP address in the background. Anyone written a similar rule that works? Thanks in advanc...

Outlook 2003 Rules Problem #2
I have created a rule which if an Email is received through a specified account it should be perminently deleted. This is actually the third of three rules which is designed to deleted all spam, i.e. I am catching valid mail with the first two rules and anything that fails those tests should be perminently deleted. However when such an Email arrives, a warning box appears advising that I dod not have permission to carry out this action! The rule is then automatically disabled, until I enable it and the whole process starts again. With the rule disabled offending Emails reach my Indox. If...

Rule to Automatically Put Messages in Trash when Deleted
can you write a rule to automatically put mail in trash when deleted so you don't have to remember to clear out deleted items? Susan, In Outlook 2002 you can go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/OTHER and the top area is called GENERAL. You can select a box which will EMPTY DELETED ITEMS ON EXITING (Outook). Early versions of Outlook also had that ability, but I'm not sure exactly how to get to it. ....Bill! >-----Original Message----- >can you write a rule to automatically put mail in trash >when deleted so you don't have to remember to clear out >deleted items? >. > ...

Pivot from multiple sheets 05-28-10
hi, i have the below data and i need to make pivot from multiple sheets.i have tried to make by selecting multiple consolidation ranges, bbut it is not giving me the flexibility that is available while doing in a single sheet... Month Processor Process Jan Mark Manual Feb Henry Automatic Jan Chad Automatic Mar Mark Automatic Apr Mark Manual Jan Chad Automatic Jan Henry Manual Apr Henry Manual Feb Mark Automatic Mar Chad Manual Jan Mark Automatic it gives the belowformat... Row Process Processor Grand Total Jan 15 15 30 Feb 6 6 12 Mar 6 6 12 Apr 6 6 12 Total 33 33 66 ...

Running rules on 2 mailboxes.
Hello, We use 2 user IDs and email boxes for employees (one personal and the other is for position). Position email box could be used by different people at different times (position holder or others during annual leave, training, or long assignment). We use Win XP and Exchange 2000. I am logging on to the network using my personal user ID and have full control on the position email box. How can I run rules on both email boxes? Thank you sulayman sugair ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages dire...

spell check 01-20-10
I am trying to spell sheck a document wriiten in English. I receive an error message stating that spell check no longer available in that language. Can you help or explain why? This language is no longer available for Spell Checking: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68395-windows-mail-spell-check.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "spell check problem" <spell check problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5EFE12D-1AE5-4E80-97B4-4539FB471FD5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to spell sheck a ...