Rule to save a file

Hello!

Is there a way (vba, script, ...) to save automatically a file to a specific
disk folder when it's received into my inbox?

I checked on the different rules that access propose, but none of them offer
to do this action..

Thanks for any suggestion

0
warrio (5)

Warrio <warrio@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way (vba, script, ...) to save automatically a file to a
> specific disk folder when it's received into my inbox?
>
> I checked on the different rules that access propose, but none of
> them offer to do this action..

Since you won't be able to access that message with anything other than
Outlook, what's the point?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/30/2005 3:12:49 PM
The point is when I get the message, a procedure will store the file
attached on the email in "C:\MyFolder\newFile.xls". And then another
application that has a timer will detect that there is new file on
"C:\MyFolder\" and this application will do what it has to do with the file

without an automation, I'm obliged to check when ever I receive a message if
it has the "newFile.xls", if yes, then I store it manually into
"C:\MyFolder\".

Can we do the 1st step automatically?
Thanks.

"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
uM%237zrTNFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Warrio <warrio@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way (vba, script, ...) to save automatically a file to a
>> specific disk folder when it's received into my inbox?
>>
>> I checked on the different rules that access propose, but none of
>> them offer to do this action..
>
> Since you won't be able to access that message with anything other than
> Outlook, what's the point?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
warrio (5)
3/30/2005 4:21:39 PM
Warrio <warrio@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The point is when I get the message, a procedure will store the file
> attached on the email in "C:\MyFolder\newFile.xls". And then another
> application that has a timer will detect that there is new file on
> "C:\MyFolder\" and this application will do what it has to do with
> the file

But the file will still be a mail message despite the "xls" file type you
give it.  Excel won't be able to do a thing with it.  If you want to extract
an attachment, maybe something here would help:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Workflow Rule using Email Template error
I have a workflow rule that is set to send an email template on a case assign. I am able to email with setting up rules without using the template. The workflow rule fails, giving the following error message: The user I am assigning the case to does have the correct email in the primary email field. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Description: The description for Event ID ( 5895 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You ...

Win2K3 NTbackup Creating Separate Files
Hi, I was wondering but how can you create a backup job using NTbackup so that instead of appending backups to a existing file it creates new files everytime it is run? My back up device is a 1.5 Tb hard drive. I want the backup job to create a new .bkf file everytime the job is run and to name it backup122409, backup122509, and so forth. The number would indicate the date that the job is run. I want to do it this way because it's easier to manage mutiple files rather than one gigantic file. -- Thank you for your help! JYC This article should sort it. How to u...

Problem saving a spreadsheet
I created an Excel spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. When other people edit the spreadsheet and try to save it they get a message saying the file is set as read only. They are directed to save the file as another name. The save dialog box comes up and saves the file as a "copy of" the original. If you right click on the file and go to properties the read only attribute is not selected. Why does this keep happening? My guess is that this is actually nothing to do with the spreadsheet but more to do with your network settings. Although you have set the properties o...

Money has detected that I don't close the file before exiting....
I entered my password in my Money file, but I returned it me the following message : [Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting.Money now needs to verify the information in your.If your file is a large, this may take a few minutes.Do you want to do this now?If you click No,you'll need to open a different Money file.] Than I click Yes, but I returned it me the following message: [The password you entered was incorrect.Please try again.You may have made a typing error or typed the password for a different file] What I must do? I have ...

can't save pics as jpg
I'm having trouble savings pictures sent to me as Jpegs. The "save as" only offers me the bitmap format, even though the original is a jpg. Anyone know why? Bruce B. berman@optonline.net What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bruce <berman@optonline.net> asked: | I'...

Log file sequence numbers
I am getting the warning saying I am about to run out of log file sequence numbering (ID 514). The stores are still up and running. Can I dismount the stores, and move the logs to a new location? Will that reset the numbering? Exchange 2003 SP2. Thank you. Ed On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:15:38 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >I am getting the warning saying I am about to run out of log file sequence >numbering (ID 514). The stores are still up and running. Can I dismount the >stores, and move the logs to a new location? Will that reset the numberin...

File Not Found #2
I have a spreadsheet that is linked to over 100 other spreadsheets. Currently, a number of the linked spreadsheets are not saved on my computer. Every time I open the main spreadsheet, I get a hundred popups that say "cannot find file xxx.xls". Is there a way to open up the main file and avoid all these popups. in the workbook_open put in on error resume next i think that will work. >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that is linked to over 100 other >spreadsheets. Currently, a number of the linked >spreadsheets are not saved on my computer. ...

Save print settings
How do I save print settings in an excel file. I have created a form for co-workers to use and want it to automatically print to a particular printer and to print two-sided. Unfortunately I can't count on most of them to know how to do that, so I would like the file to have those print settings saved. -- Julie Print settings are generally saved with the workbook. Are you sure this is not occuring? Perhaps you could create a Custom View which includes your specific print settings? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:55:01 -0700, Julie <Julie@discu...

Open previously opened serialized file != new open serialize file
Doing some testing of my reworked serialize code this morning (thanks for the help Sigurd and Headache - it fixed the pointer problems) and ran into something I don't understand. If I open a previously unopened (in the session) serialized file everything works fine. But if I close the file and reopen it, some of the pointers are undefined and the session crashes. Looking in the debugger, it does go through the ::Serialize code the second time, but clearly isn't actually reading it from disk since the pointer values have changed (from reasonable to cdcdcdcd). I assume the sessio...

Locked out of my 2004 file due to Passport requirement!
Just installed Money Deluxe 2005, big mistake. The unfortunate part is that I have already given away my 2004 version - I figured since I had my backup files it was no big deal. Well, while using 2004 I opted to NOT use Passport due to security reasons, I simply used the "Skip Login" button at the bottom. Now that I've installed 2005 I can't even get into my '04 file because there was no Passport account associated with it. I have no problem creating a new file, but I CANNOT for the life of me access my '04 file. I even tried re-installing the 2004 trial ve...

Add a list of words in a senders name to rule?
I would like to create a "cleanup" rule to run periodically. I would like to be able to put a list of domain names in a list, then have a rule where if any of those domain names are in the sender name they will be moved into the deleted folder. I get a lot of mail that I don't want to filter, but don' necessarily read everday either, and it mounts up. So, it would be nice if once ever couple of months I could go in,run the cleanup rule and clear the old ones out. -Jim You can do this by creating a rule that looks for "specific words in the sender's address"...

Aaarrgh! Why doesn't Office print my .eps files correctly
Please someone steer me in the right direction! I have a G4 mac with most graphics programs installed. Quark Xpress,=20 Freehand, Illustrator & Photoshop and all are OS X run. They all print = my=20 ..eps file perfectly. The Office package including both Excel and Word = can't=20 handle the file. Looks great on the screen, but printing is dreadful. Thanks in advance - would really appreciate some feedback. Nick From my experience Office doesn't support EPS files, you have to use TIF files. HTH. -- Ryan On 6/20/04 11:46 PM, in article 1f16201c4575b$7d925900$a501280a@phx.gbl,...

Outlook slow saving attachments to nt 4.0 server
After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2000 is extremely slow in saving attachments to a Windows nt 4.0 server with Service Pack 6.0a. All service packs and updates were installed in both Outlook and Windows XP. Any suggestions?? Ben Horwich ...

Accessing Money 2001 files w/Money 2005
I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone through tech support and they couldn't help me. Anyone here have any suggestions? Besides trying to take the software back to the store. In microsoft.public.money, frustrated in WA wrote: >I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. >Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I >can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone >through tech support and they couldn...

OE unsafe file attachement message
Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a message stating the following: "OE removed access to the following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments. Any idea what this is all about. Thanks in advance! This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will...

Online banking trashes my Money File
Hi. This started happening last week. When I connect to the internet and Money 2004 is either in the process of downloading my (many) active statements it abends with the "Send Error Report" dialog box. When I restart, I sometimes have to go through a second crash. When I eventually view my accounts, I'm told I have statements to read but they aren't bolded, so I can't see what they are. I do a file repair, and I crash when I try to view my statements. It seems the only way to continue is to restore from a backup file and completely eliminate background backing. Any sugg...

Bloated OST file: 19GB
I have a user with a 19.0 GB .OST Outlook says his mailbox is around 1.0GB, which matches what the Exchange server says (or thereabouts). I renamed and recreated his .OST a month ago, and once before that as well. The problem keeps coming back. This is the third time this user has experienced this error. This is an Exchange 2003 environment. This user has Vista SP1 and Office 2007 SP1. He is set up to auto-archive every 14 days anything older than 4 months ago. The user is also using Cached Exchange Mode. He does not use RSS feeds. I have other users with this error as well, and so ...

excel 2002
Hi folks, Have a bit of a problem. My company has a daily report using excel where we copy/paste info from an external source into it. when we were using 97, the growth of the file was fine(would go from a 1meg file to a 1.5meg file most times), but now that we're using the 2002 version, the files sizes are getting pretty silly(again from a 1meg file up to a 3-3.5 meg file.) After some testing, it is because of the four worksheets we paste into. We paste into it, run a macro to move that info into the places we want it, then clear the page....yet those pages are retaining the inf...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

checking to see if an mdb file is currently open
Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE if it is? Thanks in advance, Paul I should also have added that I'd also like VBA to make that file, myApp.mde, the current Window. > Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file > (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE > if it is? > > Thanks in advance, > > Paul > ...

How can I convert a Publisher 97 file to Publisher 2000 so I can o
I need to open a Publisher 97 file from a disk with my Publisher 2000 Deluxe edition. Pub 2000 says it can't open previous versions. Any ideas? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc. clear "Office Plug-in." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Picbro Okajun" <Picbro Okajun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19BDCCA-4245-468C-A3F8-37C63FB5AA0F@microsoft.com... >I need to open a Pu...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

save as html
when i save a file as html it can not be filled in is there a way to save it as html and also be able to fill it in? ...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...