Rule that sort an attachment

How do I make a rule in Outlook  that sort a message into a special map
depending on the name of an attachment

"qwery" <qwery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How do I make a rule in Outlook  that sort a message into a special map
> depending on the name of an attachment

Outlook's built-in rules cannot check the name of an attachment.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Cannot open Attachement
I cannot open Attachement file whose name is written in Japanese Character. Can you suggest how to do! Below is configuration of my computers: P4 1.7 CPU Window 98 Traditional Chinese version Japanese Language Support Office 2000 Microsoft Outlook P4 1.7 CPU Window 2000 Traditional Chinese version Japanese Language Support Office 2000 Microsoft Outlook ...

Sending emails with attachments #2
I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as an attachment.. "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Gc2dnWGZpeyIn07YnZ2dnUVZ_qGjnZ2d@comcast.com... >I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have >the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as >an attachment.. You and every spammer in the world would love this option. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk ...

Save .msg attachment as .rtf
If an email has a .msg attachment, I need to save it off as an .rtf attachment. Is there a way to do this? If lngCount > 0 Then ' We need to use a count down loop for ' removing items from a collection. Otherwise, ' the loop counter gets confused and only every ' other item is removed. For i = lngCount To 1 Step -1 Dim path As String ' Get the file name. strfile = objAttachments.Item(i).FileName ...

Unable to save an attachment to note in CRM
CRM has been deployed for about 8 months at our company. We previously had no problem attaching notes. Beginning today, we receive the following error when attempting to add an attachment to a note: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe that this request should be allowed. Make sure that the...

Rule
Is this true that in a rule condition "Check activity" always return true if there is an activity, even the activity was completed long ago and only showed up under History? ...

printing routing rules from outlook
Is there a way to print the routing rules that I have created in Outlook? If not can they be imported into another application (i.e. Excel) for easy viewing. ...

Sort xml?
I got a page that loads a xml file into a treeview control. I want it to sort the data before sending it to the treeview control is that possible? <root> <level1 name="" src="" order="0"> <level1.2 .. order="5"> <level1.2 .. order="3"> <level1.2 .. order="2"> <level1 .. order="2"> <level1 .. order="1"> I want first level1 nodes to be sorted accorded to the order column. Then i want all sub levels to be sorted, sor 1.2 should be sort...

Opening attachments #14
Hi Has anybody else experienced the problem whereby when I receive an attachment (say excel file) when I click on the attachment it launches excel but does not show the attachment only a blank spreadsheet. If i do a saveAs on the attachment then load excel manually and open the saved attachment there is no problem Any idea's anybody Regards Brian ...

e-mail-attachments(videos)
Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my Windows Mail on Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs is that they play, but in the backround with the original e-mail still in view. To see the attachment video I have to click on the icon(i have now on the taskbar) to view the video playing. The previous video attachments, those, which I had save on hard drive are also doing the same if I want to view them. This has just began, for before, once I double clicked I could view them right away. Any further assistance on this would be helpful. So...

Email contents become attachments.
Hi. I am having problem with emails in oultook. If I send an email via outlook to people outside my company, they receive my email as blank emails with several attachments (.doc) which got all the contents that I wrote. And also, I got some complaint about the broken characters if I use Japanese in emails. Are there any solutions for these problem? Please let me know. ...

Unable to open one or more attachments
Hello, im hoping someone can help me, im running exchange 5.5 sp3 on Nt4 sp6 and clients are having problems when using outlook (97,98,2000 and XP) when trying to open emails with attachments, when they are actually opening the email that has an attachment, (not the attachment itself) outlook is reporting a "unable to open one or more attachments" and the body of the message appears but it doesnt seem to have the attachment there, if they then proceed to close and open the email a few times, the attachment appears without the error message. This is happening at different s...

Outlook 2k freezes when attaching files
Everything goies along fine. Can send and recieve mail just fine. But you click thge attach button and the window opens, Outlook 2000 freezes. Can't even close the windows. Must end task to get out of it. ...

How to create this rule?
Background: - Exchange server 2003 - Outlook 2003 A user who is the CEO of the company would like to organize his Inbox as below - whenever an email that Bcc'd or Cc'd to him (in other words, his name is not in the TO box) arrives, move it to a separate folder outside Inbox. BUT, with an exception that if this email is an external email, do not move it. It is very easy to setup this rule without the exception. But with the exception, i am totally stumped. Who can help set it up please? or is it not possible at all? thanks in advance, jack try except if From... and put @ in a...

Attaching a 2 item list to a cell / drop-down?
Hi, they say a pic is worth a 1000 works. pls take a look http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1113/981/1600/Exel%20table%20for%20rates.jpg I want my users to see how the cost of an audio conference depending o different varialbles (# of phones lines, etc). In the picture I wan them to choose the country, which - somehow - populates the rate in th next cell "rate per minute" and then I can do the rest of th calculations. But the main thing is simply connecting a list to a drop-down cell??.. etc TIA E -- Enrique Mahech -----------------------------------------------------------...

rules in error #5
I have a user that when they launch Outlook XP (2002) SP2. They get a dialog box that pops up. ******************************************************** Rules in Error Rule: Server-Requested Client Action Error: MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. ******************************************************** If I go into rules wizard there are no rules enabled. This seems like it is a server-side rule although they are using client-side rules. Any help on figuring this out would be appreciated. Thank You Don ...

Is it possible to search client/server rules across the entire dom
Basically my company wants to make sure that nobody has a rule in place that forwards company emails to an external account. Is it possible to search the exchange environment for rules? Thanks, Nick You can (and should, IMO) disable automatic replies and forwards to the Internet, an global setting. How you would do that depends on your version of Exchange, which you didn't bother to disclose. So you are welcome to search Google for "disable automatic replies to Internet Exchange 200x" where "200x" is your version of Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP &...

how to email worksheet, not as attachment
it function on office2003, upgraded to 2007 with lot of unhappy found solution on other website, but it won't save the modified email address. "GTT" wrote: > it function on office2003, upgraded to 2007 with lot of unhappy On 3/24/2010 3:03 AM, GTT wrote: > found solution on other website, but > it won't save the modified email address. > > > > "GTT" wrote: > >> it function on office2003, upgraded to 2007 with lot of unhappy You're not providing much information here. What solution? What website? More det...

Keyboard shortcut to open mail attachment
Does anyone know how to open an email attachment without having to use the mouse. One would think that by selecting the attachment using "Tab" and the pressing "Enter" would work but it does not. ...

OL2002 Using Rules Wizard
I have numerous user names from numerous domain name email accounts that I would like to organize! I would like OL2002 to move each email from each account to a specific folder. I have tried numerous ways to set up the Rules, but the email does not move and stays in my original inbox. Can someone please help?!?! Thanks Justin Start with a blank rule (not based on a template) and set the condition "received through specific account". Select the account you whish to move messaegs for. Set the action to move the message to a specific folder. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook...

Sort pages?
Using XL2000: I have a single page spreadsheet (needed for SubTotal() to work), separated into 65 sheets via Page Break Preview. The top cell of each page in Col A contains the student's name (last name, first name). If I add a student, how can I then sort the pages by the student's last name? Acceptable alternative: Have each student on their own page with sheets named Lastname Firstname, sort those, and still be able to Subtotal in cells on those sheets, then Grand Total on a separate sheet. -- David David, Not sure if this is the best way, but you could use a column conta...

sort when click buttons on form header
I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to code these buttons? Thanks. If the source is a straightforward select query you can always use right-click of the mouse (but have you disabled the menu?) "Song Su" wrote: > I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. > > I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have > Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to c...

Avoid sending attachments
I am trying to construct a message that lists the results of a query along with a standard message line. I could just send the results from the query as a report attachment, however, I am trying to avoid sending attachments. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is surely appreciated The email would look similar to this: To: name Subject: results Body: Here is the results: <query results pasted here> You could dynamically populate the data into HTML format. Read a previous post on the subject found at http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook....

Store Operations Business Rules error. Can't launch Store Operatio
When trying to launch Store Operations I get an error: Store Operations Business Rules Error #-2147467259 Unspecified error (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State: ) (NativeError: 0) No Help File available SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT * FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC When I press okay, another error shows up: Invalid Database Unable to check current database version. Verify that the selected database is valid. ----------- Headquarters client has an error: <<OpenRsRead>> Error -2147467259: Unspecified error <<CStateMachine::EXecuteState>> E...

Attachments #47
I am using MS Outlook for my corporate using IMAP Protocol. I want to avoid downloading large messages/attachments. How to do it, can anyone help me ...

Send the attachment without ZIP format compression.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. VERY ANNOYING AS MOST RECEIVERS CANNOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS. On 2010-04-12 19:52:34 -0400, sunsyl@officeformac.com said: > Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any > type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage > AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. It's in the preferen...